The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019

One day earlier than usual as I'm going to be rather busy these next few days and I want to make sure this is out before then.
Also the most recent update is now available to tier 3.

Quite a bit to talk about as I'd like to clarify a few things. So let's get into it.

Game related stuff:
- The second update for this month is still on track although it will likely be on the 29th-31st (Very unlikely it slides into next month but there's technically still a chance so if that does happen I'll stick by my promise to pause pledges and just because I'd feel real bad about having back to back releases on the 31st I'll pause pledges if it's not out on the 30th)

- The "update only" patches seem to be functional although somewhat faulty with some saves. Which is a bit of a head scratcher for me as it's only an issue for some people and one identical save may work for someone and crash for someone else. I have some testing to do to see where an optimal save spot is.

Dev related stuff:
- Computers are annoying. This week I've had to deal with a failing hard drive and a driver issue that was causing constant crashing. Luckily these weren't huge roadblocks to my workflow but were just super annoying to deal with.

- And on a more positive note I feel great about the new work system. I actually feel in control of things now and there's a lot less volatility. I'll touch more on the new system in my clarification stuff below

Personal related stuff:
- The reason for the few days slide is I have to / want to do something for my grandpa and it's going to take a few days. I'll be mia for a few days starting tomorrow.
And just for anyone who may worry, he's completely okay. It has nothing to do with his health or anything. I'm down to talk about what I'm doing in discord but I'd like to keep it off of here for now as there are some weirdos who try and use anything I post about my family in these posts against me which is very cringe but it is what it is. I could just make these weekly posts patron only but that feels lame so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- I'm feeling a lot better than last week. Not back to perfect yet but no longer stuck in bed.

Okay, I think that's all for the usual post. So I'd like to clarify a few issues I've seen some people have.

1st.
The polls held in these posts are nothing but curiosity polls. They have no affect on what happens in game. I just like knowing where people's heads are at. When I ask what you're excited to see, those are all things that will eventually happen... but the order they poll in does not affect when they take place.
And likewise for polls about your favorite girl in a certain category... the order they poll in has no affect on that girl's content / when it happens.

2nd.
WVM is a long game with a ton of characters.
A sad reality of a game of this scale is that some characters can be sidelined at times and not all characters are made equal. I'd like to be clear about where the focus lies even if it isn't immediately evident.
The story will mainly focus on the girls that live with the MC and the girls at WVM / staff for WVM. With a heavier emphasis on those living with the MC.
All girls will have their moment but admittedly there are "side" girls that don't have a solid place in the story and will mostly pop in at times. These consist of girls like "the power rangers" that accompanied Willabelle at the bowling alley. Also girls like Eden and Hannah.

3rd.
I'm aware that with such a large cast it can be difficult to remember names of all the characters. If you recall last week I mentioned trying to work on a few other things to make it into the game...
So I've talked a lot about the week 1 remake of the game with new renders / story changes for the first few days. A few planned features for it are adding:

- An in-game character menu that gives you information and an image of each character. (helpful for references to characters that you may not remember entirely)

- Day transition screens to help keep track of time. (By far the easiest to add)

- An in-game calendar to also help keep track of time / future things like birthdays.

- Also a gallery so you can replay naughty scenes

I've been working on implementing these things into the game now instead of waiting. I hope it helps with a few needed quality of life things. (No exact timeline for when you'll see them but it'll be soon)

4th.
The 200 render updates.
I get they're not everyone's cup of tea. I get they can feel short.
It's really difficult to convey just how much work goes into 200 renders. There's posing / making the 200 renders, there's rendering those 200 renders, there's writing dialogue for 200 renders, there's writing code for 200 renders, there's bug testing those 200 renders, there's editing those 200 renders in photoshop, there's packing it all up into now 5 different upload types and uploading it all and then managing any issues after it's uploaded.
It's a ton to do and it's so easy to downplay it (trust me I've done it many of times, it's led to many delays).
Now the real kicker, you do this every single day. You have two 200 render releases a month. At least 14 renders every single day to hit your minimum. Doesn't seem bad on the surface until you count in having to make new scenes for all of those renders, or what if some of the renders have issues and you have to fix them? Or what if your pc crashes halfway into a new scene that you've put 3 hours of work into and haven't saved in a while? And I haven't even included the time it takes to make animations or anything like that.
And even then I'm not counting all the work I do every week on the Week 1 remake.
Just trust me... it's a lot.

This isn't for me to complain about the workload or anything. I wouldn't do it this way if I didn't love the work. I just want to emphasize that it's really annoying to read people downplaying the work you put in and acting like the shit just magically happens.

It's silly I even have to explain this but if you're not a fan of smaller updates then don't play them. Wait for "final" versions of days or just wait for a few to pile up before you play. They aren't made to be consumed like full updates. They're made for those that want the consistent updates and progression.
This also leads into the fact that some bi-weekly updates will be nothing but some awesome sexy lewd fivesome with boobs and butts flying everywhere while other updates are just the MC and girls hanging out and chilling or just story progression. The game has both of these things and will heavily feature both of these things. It should come as no surprise that both of these things take up significant time.

5th
WVM is an erotic VN with a basketball theme. WVM is not a basketball VN with erotic elements.
Yes basketball is a big part of the story and yes there will be basketball games and yes there will be team building and fun coaching activities but this is an erotic game first. While present, there will still be more bouncing boobs than bouncing balls.

Phew... this post has earned the title of mind drop
I'll stop there for now. I realize some of the things said could potentially cause some frustration but I'm just trying to be 100% honest and clear about certain directions and how I feel about certain things.
Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. I'm going to finish this day off strong with a solid amount of work before I leave so I'm going to return to that.
But I will be around in the comments if you guys have any questions.

And as always thank you all so much for believing and supporting me. I wouldn't be where I'm at without you guys and I'm forever grateful. Have a good day / night everyone.
Love you guys <3

p.s. I'll do it to myself before someone does it to me

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

One day earlier than usual as I'm going to be rather busy these next few days and I want to make sure this is out before then.

Quite a bit to talk about as I'd like to clarify a few things. So let's get into it.

Game related stuff:
- The second update for this month is still on track although it will likely be on the 29th-31st (Very unlikely it slides into next month but there's technically still a chance so if that does happen I'll stick by my promise to pause pledges and just because I'd feel real bad about having back to back releases on the 31st I'll pause pledges if it's not out on the 30th)

- The "update only" patches seem to be functional although somewhat faulty with some saves. Which is a bit of a head scratcher for me as it's only an issue for some people and one identical save may work for someone and crash for someone else. I have some testing to do to see where an optimal save spot is.

Dev related stuff:
- Computers are annoying. This week I've had to deal with a failing hard drive and a driver issue that was causing constant crashing. Luckily these weren't huge roadblocks to my workflow but were just super annoying to deal with.

- And on a more positive note I feel great about the new work system. I actually feel in control of things now and there's a lot less volatility. I'll touch more on the new system in my clarification stuff below

Personal related stuff:
- The reason for the few days slide is I have to / want to do something for my grandpa and it's going to take a few days. I'll be mia for a few days starting tomorrow.
And just for anyone who may worry, he's completely okay. It has nothing to do with his health or anything. I'm down to talk about what I'm doing in discord but I'd like to keep it off of here for now as there are some weirdos who try and use anything I post about my family in these posts against me which is very cringe but it is what it is. I could just make these weekly posts patron only but that feels lame so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- I'm feeling a lot better than last week. Not back to perfect yet but no longer stuck in bed.

Okay, I think that's all for the usual post. So I'd like to clarify a few issues I've seen some people have.

1st.
The polls held in these posts are nothing but curiosity polls. They have no affect on what happens in game. I just like knowing where people's heads are at. When I ask what you're excited to see, those are all things that will eventually happen... but the order they poll in does not affect when they take place.
And likewise for polls about your favorite girl in a certain category... the order they poll in has no affect on that girl's content / when it happens.

2nd.
A sad reality of a game of this scale is that some characters can be sidelined at times and not all characters are made equal. I'd like to be clear about where the focus lies even if it isn't immediately evident.
The story will mainly focus on the girls that live with the MC and the girls at WVM / staff for WVM. With a heavier emphasis on those living with the MC.
All girls will have their moment but admittedly there are "side" girls that don't have a solid place in the story and will mostly pop in at times. These consist of girls like "the power rangers" that accompanied Willabelle at the bowling alley. Also girls like Eden and Hannah.

3rd.
I'm aware that with such a large cast it can be difficult to remember names of all the characters. If you recall last week I mentioned trying to work on a few other things to make it into the game...
So I've talked a lot about the week 1 remake of the game with new renders / story changes for the first few days. A few planned features for it are adding:

- An in-game character menu that gives you information and an image of each character. (helpful for references to characters that you may not remember entirely)

- Day transition screens to help keep track of time. (By far the easiest to add)

- An in-game calendar to also help keep track of time / future things like birthdays.

I've been working on implementing these things into the game now instead of waiting. I hope it helps with a few needed quality of life things. (No exact timeline for when you'll see them but it'll be soon)

4th.
The 200 render updates.
It's really difficult to convey just how much work goes into 200 renders. There's posing / making the 200 renders, there's rendering those 200 renders, there's writing dialogue for 200 renders, there's writing code for 200 renders, there's bug testing those 200 renders, there's editing those 200 renders in photoshop, there's packing it all up into now 5 different upload types and uploading it all and then managing any issues after it's uploaded.
It's a ton to do and it's so easy to downplay it (trust me I've done it many of times, it's led to many delays).
Now the real kicker, you do this every single day. You have two 200 render releases a month. At least 14 renders every single day to hit your minimum. Doesn't seem bad on the surface until you count in having to make new scenes for all of those renders, or what if some of the renders have issues and you have to fix them? Or what if your pc crashes halfway into a new scene that you've put 3 hours of work into and haven't saved in a while? And I haven't even included the time it takes to make animations or anything like that.
And even then I'm not counting all the work I do every week on the Week 1 remake.

This isn't for me to complain about the workload or anything. I wouldn't do it this way if I didn't love the work. I just want to emphasize that it's really annoying to read people downplaying the work you put in and acting like the shit just magically happens.

It's silly I even have to explain this but if you're not a fan of smaller updates then don't play them. Wait for "final" versions of days or just wait for a few to pile up before you play. They aren't made to be consumed like full updates. They're made for those that want the consistent updates and progression.
This also leads into the fact that some bi-weekly updates will be nothing but some awesome sexy lewd fivesome with boobs and butts flying everywhere while other updates are just the MC and girls hanging out and chilling or just story progression. The game has both of these things and will heavily feature both of these things. It should come as no surprise that both of these things take up significant time.

5th
WVM is an erotic VN with a basketball theme. WVM is not a basketball VN with erotic elements.
Yes basketball is a big part of the story and yes there will be basketball games and yes there will be team building and fun coaching activities but this is an erotic game first. While present, there will still be more bouncing boobs than bouncing balls.

I'll stop there for now. I realize some of the things said could potentially cause some frustration but I'm just trying to be 100% honest and clear about certain directions and how I feel about certain things.
Anyway, I hope you're all enjoying yourselves. I'm going to finish this day off strong with a solid amount of work before I leave so I'm going to return to that.

And as always thank you all so much for believing and supporting me. I wouldn't be where I'm at without you guys and I'm forever grateful. Have a good day / night everyone.
Love you guys <3

see my point people ... BD is such a badass ... he didn't have to do this .. but .. it's what makes him so fucking awesome (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Game related stuff:

Dev related stuff:

Personal related stuff:

1st.

2nd.

3rd.

4th.
The 200 render updates.

5th

Love you guys <3

Thanks TKA for sharing that.

I agree with a lot of it, just glad to see bd sticking to his guns and not self flogging. Can't wait for more as always :)

ravic

Jun 21, 2019
jesus christ can we finally get an update about that movie night with Natalie?? Barely any content with her the whole game

ravic

Jun 21, 2019
Last I knew j.c. had nothing to do with the making of this vn
im not complaining by no means but i do believe it is time to bring Natalie into the harem. if im not mistaken the last 3 updates have been saying they will have a movie night alone and every update so far has been if there is a sex scene its with someone we have boned since the beginning of the game. plus im a huge sucker for Natalie. :p also i do believe bd is a god at making visual novels so it seems fair to compare him to jc xD

ravic

Jun 21, 2019
well at least we are getting updates from bd even though they might be a bit short unlike some games i know

cough holiday island cough

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
As far as the actual basketball game season goes, I could see something like the first 2-3 games showing what an impact MC has, then we skip ahead a bit to midseason for a key game, maybe a couple key games at the end of the season, then they make it to the playoffs, where of course every game matters. That'd be about a dozen games total. Which might still be too much. But continuing to do this day by day, steadily introducing new characters and developing a bunch of subplots...the dev is going to overwhelm himself at some point. I'd expect a time skip after the first couple weeks to a few days before the first game, at the very least.

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
Its "short" coz BD is making updates every 2 weeks (round about) (next update next week tho on 28th) and considering hes just come out from such a bad year for him, the fact that hes giving us updates this often ,compared to most devs who takes months, is incredible and isnt something that should be complained about. Also remember to not click as fast, take time to read everything.
You clearly fail at reading my comment and at the same time you're obligated, apparently, to reply to everyone else's.
My comment was full of compliments, however you seem to nitpick at the obvious hostility in it, which was clearly sarcasm. Facepalm yourself for failing at what you should be proficient at, reading context and writing other than your own. Ever even picked up a book? (See, that's called an ad hominem argument. Because I'm clearly stating a fallacious detail that I wouldn't know anything about.) If you were capable at reading my comment to begin with, you'd not have been on the recieving end of this reply. Now I wonder, will you reply properly or just sink lower.

quadisstress

May 24, 2020
Very strange, I also assumed that the game was based on real events and pure realism, just like all porn movies and the Lord of the Rings. :unsure:
What? The game is based in a human world just like ours or am I missing something? There arent orcs or dragons going about their lifes in the game are there? He made a realistic college, with realistic girls, with realistic cars and realistic problems in peoples lifes but when it comes to basketball he can be lazy? Again, Im a third into the game, maybe theres a reason that the basketball aspect of the game is really weird so far. If not, there arent any excuses for someone to make a game where the plot is driven by basketball and then be lazy or incapable of incorporating that into the game.

Theres nothing wrong with criticizing something when you think it can be improved

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
What? The game is based in a human world just like ours or am I missing something? There arent orcs or dragons going about their lifes in the game are there? He made a realistic college, with realistic girls, with realistic cars and realistic problems in peoples lifes but when it comes to basketball he can be lazy? Again, Im a third into the game, maybe theres a reason that the basketball aspect of the game is really weird so far. If not, there arent any excuses for someone to make a game where the plot is driven by basketball and then be lazy or incapable of incorporating that into the game.

Theres nothing wrong with criticizing something when you think it can be improved
Read BD's post above, it explains the why and how regarding the b-ball in this game (hint: it's mostly a setting)

Reactions: csmk14
3.70 star(s) 640 Votes