markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017

Mind Drop #10 (2/10/2021)

Sorry for this being up so late... it's been a busy day. But here it is! On another Wednesday.
Not a lot to share this week so not a super long post by any means.

Game related stuff:
- I won't be setting a public release date for either of the releases this month.
I'd like to tweak some things with the scenes in these updates that I've grown unhappy with. (Mainly lighting)
It's hard to judge time frames for touch up content so updates will be somewhat random this month but there should still be two... just closer to the end of the month than I'd like them to be.

- Updated / New character sheets are almost finished. (Will include things excluded last time like age and birthdays)
- Teasers for the week 1 redo will be shown in early March. (15-20 teasers mainly from days 1-3)
Dev related stuff:
- Computers / Daz continue to be nightmares
It's been a week plagued by constant crashing... which is a huge bummer when the scenes I'm working on take 15-20+ minutes to load. But hey, it's part of the job. ‍♂
- It's about time to start looking for someone to help out with some artwork... namely logos for other teams and a few other things. As this is definitely not where my skill set shines brightest.

Personal related stuff:
- Not a lot to add from the personal side of things. I've been rather reserved this week and haven't done a lot outside of spending time with family and working on WVM. I've been in one of those funks where I haven't been very sociable outside of family for some reason... but at least it leads to a lot of work getting done.

- Updated WPM progress:
(Base) Two fingers: 71 WPM
Properly: 60 WPM (Started at 49)

Ruby and Moon:

I said I'd give you an update last week. This is where Ruby and Moon currently stand.
I haven't messed with them much this week as I felt I was falling behind by spending too much time on it so they aren't final yet. But it's nearing that point.

So I guess that does it for this week!
As always thank you guys for all you do for me. None of this is possible without you guys.
I'll hopefully have more to share next week.
Love you guys <3
He completely destroyed ruby for me :cry:. I was so looking forward to content with her......not anymore, time to move on.(n)

Reactions: karumi56

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
If a model change can make the character dead to you, they weren't there in your mind to begin with, model changes do not make you suddenly hate the character, you just didn't care in the first place and wish to express disapproval.

Ruby was meh as shit in her original model and her character is not wholly interesting to be quite honest, the models are certainly an improvement and look more alive.

As well the first Ruby change model was far too close to Stacy, and that just will not due, Stacy should be left one of a kind like all the girls should feel.

qwsl

Jan 10, 2020
At least their faces now bear more resemblance to each other - in the first new version, they looked like people with completely different genotypes and phenotypes, as representatives of different nationalities. Now it is clear that they are related. (Although it happens that relatives are not too similar to each other, for VN it is better if it visible visually) questions about the eyelashes in the corners of the eyes near the nose are still present, but not so hard, as before - less bright cosmetics and more elaborate lighting improved the situation

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Guys I think we need to relax on the Ruby change. BD did not change her model just because he felt like it. There was a reason the change was needed. Since his PC has some of those fancy new GPU's a lot of the characters look a little different. Do a side by side comparison of each character and you will see some changes. I will miss the old model too as I felt it fit her very well, but I accept the reason and the change.

The nice part is there is no lewd content for her at this point so the change is not as big of a deal if he changed someone like Bailey or Penny. I know we all have our favorites but let's give the change a chance in game before you go crazy and say a character is dead to you. Look what happened with Emiko there was a model change and people freaked out but now it is no big deal.

Look I get it if she was someone's favorite character, I would feel the same way if something happened to Stacy's model. I think the changes will work out fine in the long run. I like the direction BD took with the new Ruby model, it doesn't feel like Ruby to me yet but overtime i will be happy with it. Sure I will miss the old model as it has grown on me and felt just right since I first saw her in game.

Well enough rambling on for me.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Eh, I like the new Ruby/Moon. They were such minor characters that I don't see much of a deal about changing them.

Now that Carly has been confirmed to join the rooster...can we get to the actual basletball thingy?
Probably still gonna be a few months.

With the pool party, and upcoming Sunday night lewd scenes we're probably looking at 3 maybe 4 update before Monday morning.

Maybe a practice on Monday morning, but then another 2-3 updates before the first game.

Still a bit of a wait there, but it'll be worth it when it leads to the Harper scene.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I really love the new Patreon Poll. Seems like something I would make for sure. At this current point in the story, which of these characters do you trust the LEAST? The options are Tia, Katie, Mackey/Lee, Willabelle, and Lauren.

Of course I voted for Katie, but I would have liked to see an all of the above option for this one. I really don't trust any of them. Well maybe Mackey/Lee as they have done nothing to indicate they should not be trusted yet. I am surprised that they are winning this poll.

• Katie: She is related to Charles and Ryker both of which have caused issues for the MC and the team. She came onto the MC way stronger than almost any other girl in the game (more on this later). She did not even bother to say who she was either. When the MC asks about Ryker she basically blows him off saying that he is nothing to worry about as well. She was with Charles when he was super drugged out of his mind too, which tells me she may also work for the drug dealer too.
  • Tia: She came on the strongest to the MC with almost no fliter at all. She shows up at some really awkward times too and basically just tries to force her way into having sex with the MC without a payout. She knew about Charles secret shower which I found odd, during the big reveal about Cedar she brings up having sex again, she was spying on the MC and Skye in the locker room. Then when we meet her again she basically throws herself at him again and goes back on the condom thing. Something is not right with this girl.
  • Mackey/Lee: Other than them both being on the team with Ryker last year there is nothing that is a red flag to me. Sure Lee looked like he might be messing around with Damien in the locker room, but they both helped out in the bowling alley so we are told. The other minor thing is neither show up much for practice so I guess that is something too.
  • Willabelle: I am sorry for this one but she runs a cult (don't tell me it is not a cult because it is), she has to have multiple people tell me to trust her (this makes me want to trust someone even less), she did but didn't know what Ryker was up to but let him mess with the MC. All this seems a little odd to me and there are red flags. I want to believe she is good and has the MC interests in mind, but I just can't yet
  • Lauren: Well I don't have much here but she knows a lot about the MC and his sister. She could have easily passed that information onto Belle. I know she helped the MC and Cedar reunite but is everything as it seems or not only time will tell. One of my first conspiracy theories was around Lauren feeding information to Willow to convince the MC that she is his sister. Hopefully that is not the case but it could be.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I really love the new Patreon Poll. Seems like something I would make for sure. At this current point in the story, which of these characters do you trust the LEAST? The options are Tia, Katie, Mackey/Lee, Willabelle, and Lauren.

Of course I voted for Katie, but I would have liked to see an all of the above option for this one. I really don't trust any of them. Well maybe Mackey/Lee as they have done nothing to indicate they should not be trusted yet. I am surprised that they are winning this poll.

• Katie: She is related to Charles and Ryker both of which have caused issues for the MC and the team. She came onto the MC way stronger than almost any other girl in the game (more on this later). She did not even bother to say who she was either. When the MC asks about Ryker she basically blows him off saying that he is nothing to worry about as well. She was with Charles when he was super drugged out of his mind too, which tells me she may also work for the drug dealer too.
  • Tia: She came on the strongest to the MC with almost no fliter at all. She shows up at some really awkward times too and basically just tries to force her way into having sex with the MC without a payout. She knew about Charles secret shower which I found odd, during the big reveal about Cedar she brings up having sex again, she was spying on the MC and Skye in the locker room. Then when we meet her again she basically throws herself at him again and goes back on the condom thing. Something is not right with this girl.
  • Mackey/Lee: Other than them both being on the team with Ryker last year there is nothing that is a red flag to me. Sure Lee looked like he might be messing around with Damien in the locker room, but they both helped out in the bowling alley so we are told. The other minor thing is neither show up much for practice so I guess that is something too.
  • Willabelle: I am sorry for this one but she runs a cult (don't tell me it is not a cult because it is), she has to have multiple people tell me to trust her (this makes me want to trust someone even less), she did but didn't know what Ryker was up to but let him mess with the MC. All this seems a little odd to me and there are red flags. I want to believe she is good and has the MC interests in mind, but I just can't yet
  • Lauren: Well I don't have much here but she knows a lot about the MC and his sister. She could have easily passed that information onto Belle. I know she helped the MC and Cedar reunite but is everything as it seems or not only time will tell. One of my first conspiracy theories was around Lauren feeding information to Willow to convince the MC that she is his sister. Hopefully that is not the case but it could be.
I only agree with the mackey/lee point. I think Katie can be trusted and she acctually wants to get back at ryker, im guessing that her and ryker don't get along (more than just sibling disagreements) i do think she isnt telling everything tho but it will become an event in the future. Also i think belle can be trusted but she is definitely hiding somethings from the MC (Possibly about his father)

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
The new Ruby model is quickly growing on me, the new Moon not so much. Somehow when BD was adapting the new Ruby look on Moon it didn't quite click properly on my opinion.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes