RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
Hey, thanks for the heads-up. Hope he maybe adds these in-game at some point, it is a bit difficult to remember all the characters after a while lol.
No problem! I think BD said he's planning on adding an info screen for the girls in-game, but there's no ETA on that yet so it might be a while.

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
I agree that some things don‘t make all too much sense. I guess that is what‘s called suspension of disbelief? I mean, I certainly stopped for a moment when the MC was told for the third time, „here is your new house btw“.(sorry if I spoiler you. I somehow assume you played through it all) To me that feels either like erratic writing with not much foresight or the dev simply found better assets and wanted to definitely incorporate them in the game.
I have never understood the too many houses issue. It doesn't read to me as erratic writing because of a lack of foresight or the dev just wanted new assets. In fact, I read it as being planned in advance and an obvious result of the events that take place. It makes complete sense.

Firstly at the start of Day 2 he arrives at the small dorm type house and never actually moves in because that same day he meets with Charles. And Charles lets him use a new fancy house with the explanation that since he is a superstar he gets to use the new fancy house and the previous one is just there for appearance purposes.

Then we learn Charles can't be trusted(and of Ryker), and the MC goes to Rachael and she tells him as long as Charles can kick him out of the house or take away his car, Charles has control over him. So Rachael being the fixer she is, and moving her business to the city WVM is located in anyway, tells the MC he can live with her. But while she is searching for a house the MC and his family can stay at her office. The last move into the mansion isn't really a "new" house from the office, but just an extension of moving out from Charles' fancy house with the office being a temporary location.

So really there is only one actual move. Charles's fancy house to the mansion.

In fact, if anything not moving from Charles' place wouldn't have made sense narratively because Charles clearly couldn't be trusted, so why would the MC stay at a place he didn't own and under his control? That would have been a plot hole. As soon as we learn that Charles is behind the "surprise" with Liz, I said to myself the MC needs to get out of that new house.

And he never owns any of them. WVM owns the first two and Rachael owns the last one.

Taken by itself, "the MC gets 4 houses in a week" seems like a stretch, but in the context of the plot, it makes sense and actually follows a clear setup of earlier events in the story and is the obvious result of those events.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
What we need is like a mansion near the coast with an outdoor pool, windows for days, a vineyard, and maybe like two or three sex dungeons...

Reactions: passenger2054

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
I have never understood the too many houses issue. It doesn't read to me as erratic writing because of a lack of foresight or the dev just wanted new assets. In fact, I read it as being planned in advance and an obvious result of the events that take place. It makes complete sense.

Firstly at the start of Day 2 he arrives at the small dorm type house and never actually moves in because that same day he meets with Charles. And Charles lets him use a new fancy house with the explanation that since he is a superstar he gets to use the new fancy house and the previous one is just there for appearance purposes.

Then we learn Charles can't be trusted(and of Ryker), and the MC goes to Rachael and she tells him as long as Charles can kick him out of the house or take away his car, Charles has control over him. So Rachael being the fixer she is, and moving her business to the city WVM is located in anyway, tells the MC he can live with her. But while she is searching for a house the MC and his family can stay at her office. The last move into the mansion isn't really a "new" house from the office, but just an extension of moving out from Charles' fancy house with the office being a temporary location.

In fact, if anything not moving from Charles' place wouldn't have made sense narratively because Charles clearly couldn't be trusted, so why would the MC stay at a place he didn't own and under his control? That would have been a plot hole. As soon as we learn that Charles is behind the "surprise" with Liz, I said to myself the MC needs to get out of that new house.

And he never owns any of them. WVM owns the first two and Rachael owns the last one.

Taken by itself, "the MC gets 4 houses in a week" seems like a stretch, but in the context of the plot, it makes sense and actually follows a clear setup of earlier events in the story and is the obvious result of those events.
I agree if there is an event that leads to it, like a new car, house, haircut, clothing, or just shaving. It should reflect in the story, along with the visual assets in the game.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018

Maybe to me it seems more out there, because I didn‘t view it from a story perspective but a development perspective. The need to move out of the second house does make sense, to get out of the implications from Charles that would entail. But suddenly it‘s perfectly okay for someone else to stay there (Kimmy and apparently her whole family). Now this isn‘t a problem anyway as Charles and Ryker are out of the picture. Maybe it‘s also because I‘m not fully buying the „Superstar newcomer will save this College“ scenario. I can‘t really imagine that the MC is treated the way he is in a real world scenario. But then again, I‘m not american and maybe your Colleges treat these people actually like gods and throw houses at them? I don’t know. To me it just feels like BD used that empty house in the first few renders and then found a better house asset later he really wanted to use. It was in the early days of development after all. Although how the MC is treated has been discussed before and I don‘t want to open up the discussion about how close to reality the game should or shouldn‘t be.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
Maybe to me, it seems more out there, because I didn‘t view it from a story perspective but a development perspective. The need to move out of the second house does make sense, to get out of the implications from Charles that would entail. But suddenly it‘s perfectly okay for someone else to stay there (Kimmy and apparently her whole family). Now, this isn‘t a problem anyway as Charles and Ryker are out of the picture. Maybe it‘s also because I‘m not fully buying the „Superstar newcomer will save this College“ scenario. I can‘t really imagine that the MC is treated the way he is in a real-world scenario. But then again, I‘m not American and maybe your Colleges treat these people actually like gods and throw houses at them? I don’t know. To me, it just feels like BD used that empty house in the first few renders and then found a better house asset later he really wanted to use. It was in the early days of development after all. Although how the MC is treated has been discussed before and I don‘t want to open up the discussion about how close to reality the game should or shouldn‘t be.
Well in the case of the MC getting a house, car, anything he wants. This would be considered being sponsored by a booster if I am not mistaking. Kimmie was already living in the house before the MC, so by right, the house should be hers. The house is college property, if we assume the MC is a big named star going to a low Divison School then hype, sponsors, and god knows what else will be willing to sponsor the school, and him. Keeping this in mind, MC does not get any money from none of those situations. They can get new gym gear, upgrades, uniforms, and stuff of that nature. So it is logical that the school would want him to feel welcome, and comfy while staying there being a possible 1st round draft pick since he is pushing for the NBA, and bringing the school into the National headlines. Anyone that follows NBA, Football, or Football/soccer knows that hardcore fans will follow players who will possibly get drafted during or after school.

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Thats an Nvidia problem with their settings... Just google "Nvidia No DC Fix"
The fix you get from that is to delete one of the files. Which you'll be doing every cpl days, cause it just keeps getting re-downed. What I did was go into it's advanced settings and denied ALL it's permissions to do ANYTHING. That way I don't have to keep deleting it every other day and it just sits there. Lobotomized.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Well in the case of the MC getting a house, car, anything he wants. This would be considered being sponsored by a booster if I am not mistaking. Kimmie was already living in the house before the MC, so by right, the house should be hers. The house is college property, if we assume the MC is a big named star going to a low Divison School then hype, sponsors, and god knows what else will be willing to sponsor the school, and him. Keeping this in mind, MC does not get any money from none of those situations. They can get new gym gear, upgrades, uniforms, and stuff of that nature. So it is logical that the school would want him to feel welcome, and comfy while staying there being a possible 1st round draft pick since he is pushing for the NBA, and bringing the school into the National headlines. Anyone that follows NBA, Football, or Football/soccer knows that hardcore fans will follow players who will possibly get drafted during or after school.
From my understanding, no college athlete at any level can receive any benefits of any sort while at an athlete there. Even the athlete's family (usually parents) cannot receive any benefits for their child attending said school as it is viewed those benefits may have been the reason said athlete decided to attend that same school to begin with.

My question about the MC giving the house to Kimmy was, it seemed like we were never told which house Kimmy used to reside in before she and her family were kicked out of it by Charles. I am assuming it was the initial house that the MC shows up at which doesn't have the pool. I would have thought that the MC would have given that house back to Kimmy and just left the pool house out of the equation as Charles stated that location was a secret location of sorts. Especially more so due to the fact that it sounded like Ryker possibly has keys to the pool house's location. That's the impression I got anyway. I'm assuming he didn't have keys to the other house as it wasn't a secret location with a pool as well? If he was giving Kimmy the pool house location, I would think he might also want to tell her she might also want to have the locks re-keyed so that Ryker can't make an impromptu social visit and let himself in whenever he might want to. To me, Kimmy would have been perfectly happy just getting the first house back but I guess the MC wanted to be the hero and give her the one that had the pool as it could be considered the better of the two.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Well, he used to have very concrete and fast release time, but the a series of unexpected events happened and he couldnt meet a couple of them, and the drawback of giving dates and missing them is worse than not giving them
I don't mean the current situation, that is understandable. I was referring to his future plans where there's no fixed schedule.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
My question about the MC giving the house to Kimmy was, it seemed like we were never told which house Kimmy used to reside in before she and her family were kicked out of it by Charles.
We are told this through a talk with Kimmy I think? She was in the same situation as the MC only with Swimming instead of basketball and was living in the first house until MC arrives and he gets that house. The second house belongs to Ryker. But it seems we don‘t have to worry about him anymore, after the bowling alley incident.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
We are told this through a talk with Kimmy I think? She was in the same situation as the MC only with Swimming instead of basketball and was living in the first house until MC arrives and he gets that house. The second house belongs to Ryker. But it seems we don‘t have to worry about him anymore, after the bowling alley incident.
Yeah it's pretty obvious that that is what happened, since if Kimmy was in the second house originally, she wouldn't have been so amazed by it when he showed it to her. So she must have been in the first house, and we saw him taking her to the second one.

Game Lord

Apr 17, 2021
Yeah I'm at the part of the game where he has promised her a house but this bowling alley incident hasn't occurred yet. Does he give Kimmy the pool house before or after the bowling alley incident?

Still, to me, he should have just given her the first house though, with him knowing that Ryker had keys to the pool house location and all at that point.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
As far as athletes receiving gifts from schools like houses and cars. It is against the rules. The only thing they are allowed to receive is a free education. However it still happens all the time so it is realistic. Colleges have provided houses, cars, jobs for parents and anything else they possibly can to get star athletes to go to their schools. The only thing that can happen is the school can be punished by not being allowed to participate in post season tournaments for a few years, or you might see the head of the athletic department get fired. Since playing in tournaments, television contracts, as well as merchandising is worth millions if not hundreds of millions to the schools it's easy to see why they do it. I doubt BD will get into any of it, but a star basketball player going to a nothing program like WVM would be something that would get looked at very closely. So it was actually smart that Rachael convinces the MC to move out of those houses and do it on his own.

Not that we are dealing with reality here. ;)

Reactions: swills13

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
Yeah I'm at the part of the game where he has promised her a house but this bowling alley incident hasn't occurred yet. Does he give Kimmy the pool house before or after the bowling alley incident?

Still, to me, he should have just given her the first house though, with him knowing that Ryker had keys to the pool house location and all at that point.
It happens before the bowling alley. I, too, don‘t get why the Mc can apparently hand one of the houses over to someone else, but not the other. Or he does it specifically with the pool house, because he knows how Kimmy likes to swim and wants to add that bonus for her.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
As far as athletes receiving gifts from schools like houses and cars. It is against the rules. The only thing they are allowed to receive is a free education. However it still happens all the time so it is realistic. Colleges have provided houses, cars, jobs for parents and anything else they possibly can to get star athletes to go to their schools. The only thing that can happen is the school can be punished by not being allowed to participate in post season tournaments for a few years, or you might see the head of the athletic department get fired. Since playing in tournaments, television contracts, as well as merchandising is worth millions if not hundreds of millions to the schools it's easy to see why they do it. I doubt BD will get into any of it, but a star basketball player going to a nothing program like WVM would be something that would get looked at very closely. So it was actually smart that Rachael convinces the MC to move out of those houses and do it on his own.

Not that we are dealing with reality here. ;)
Since the ownership of the houses never changed hands (they're still owned by the school), I'm pretty sure including student housing as part of a scholarship while they go to school is allowable. Though there might be rules about the extravagance of said housing. I'm certainly not an expert, but there's a decent chance there are some loopholes here, since student housing is definitely a thing.

Reactions: Breezerr
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes