Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
This edging thing is really turning me off; when a scene doesn't end with male orgasm it's pointless and ruins all the buildup, while playing this I feel like the freedom is very limited and everything you do has to please the original GF which I'm not even into..Not my type of gameplay really.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The MC may have a harem but I feel like he's part of that harem himself the one wearing the pants is the GF here.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
This edging thing is really turning me off; when a scene doesn't end with male orgasm it's pointless and ruins all the buildup, while playing this I feel like the freedom is very limited and everything you do has to please the original GF which I'm not even into..Not my type of gameplay really.

The MC may have a harem but I feel like he's part of that harem himself the one wearing the pants is the GF here.
You do realise most (if not all) of the edging is optional... plus jamie is the harem queen and the reason the harem exists, so you wouldn't even be fucking these girls if it wasnt for her so i think she kinda deserves the right to get the most cum so she can get pregnant fast as possible...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
"Easy" yeah writing brand new parts, new choices and brand new renders and animations... yeah.... totally "easy"... it doesnt work and wont ever work since the good stuff for a story is happening to MC, no one else. Everyone else(the girls + skye) are or will end up with MC and MC only so not that exciting or worth it from their or anyone elses perspective.
Every new release is new writing, choices, renders and animations, so that's a BS reason. Nothing is stopping BD from doing it except that he presumably doesn't want to. And perhaps that some people wouldn't be happy if we had for example Jamie going and lezzing out with Zoe or whatever, though he has said before he DGAF what people think of his game.

• Angry
Reactions: Oghmios1337

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Dude has released like 30 different content updates and people :

1) Do not understand the MC (male protag) format has been established

or

2) Think he should change it now because whiny pirates want him to!?!?!

People need to try and use what little brainpower they have, for the love of the universe!
Adding incest is 1000 times more likely and easier than changing an entire playstyle to suddenly be multi-protag, and we know that isn't getting added either.

PEACE

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020

If I remember Tia is the only one where you don't get a choice before the surprise. And all the girls in the surprise know about finishing with Jamie so that is why the MC doesn't orgasm.

It isn't really blueballing and it has a great ending if you edged the entire time.
Multiple protag is easy just one of each gender the storyline from MC perspective and storyline from main FC being Jamie or Shauna. Seeing as Jamie mostly suggests the open relationship and is looking to be the string puller on dropping the suggestions to the MC so she does show protag qualities. Also in the harem perspective as well lesbianism scenes do occur as well so hopefully in this game it gets applied to either way I'm highly impressed with the creation of this game from BD.
I remember a while ago Braindrop mentioned something called "Day in the Life". I think the idea was short stories for his Patreon of the different characters and the first was going to be Natalie with Harper. Don't know if that is still a thing or not.

That sorta sounds like what you are talking about.

Reactions: LemongrassWitch

heresDB

Mar 9, 2019
Did BD ever said when the week 1 rework, or fShauna rework would be released?
Or if he's waiting for the relationships part of the story to be a little calmer
I saw Loco´s FAQ but he doesn't say dates

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Did BD ever said when the week 1 rework, or fShauna rework would be released?
Or if he's waiting for the relationships part of the story to be a little calmer
I saw Loco´s FAQ but he doesn't say dates
Dont know what you mean by fshauna. The week 1 rework has no release date but he has recently said he is going to spending half time on new update and half time on the rework.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Dont know what you mean by fshauna.
I think they meant Female Shauna (as opposed to the Trans version). Where Female Shauna's backstory is getting reworked so it isn't just a copy of the trans version at the beginning of the story. Differentiating and redefining her reasoning for being insecure about her body as a female (not a trans).

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I think they meant Female Shauna (as opposed to the Trans version). Where Female Shauna's backstory is getting reworked so it isn't just a copy of the trans version at the beginning of the story. Differentiating and redefining her reasoning for being insecure about her body as a female (not a trans).
I would tend to use cis Shauna and trans Shauna since they both consider themselves as female, despite body dysphoria. Cis has a long history in science as the opposite of trans. "Trans" means other side (as in trans lunar orbit), "cis" is this side (as in cis lunar orbit).

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Every new release is new writing, choices, renders and animations, so that's a BS reason. Nothing is stopping BD from doing it except that he presumably doesn't want to. And perhaps that some people wouldn't be happy if we had for example Jamie going and lezzing out with Zoe or whatever, though he has said before he DGAF what people think of his game.
Yes, but just adding one additional protagonist can mean as much as double the work (in terms of writing, choices, renders, and animations), and will essentially be twice as much effort, so it's far from a BS reason. Sure, maybe BD can reuse a few renders and common dialogue here and there, but it's going to be a lot more effort than "just" new writing. Keep in mind, the renders in the current game are from the MC's POV, so new protagonists need to account for this in special renders.

It might be an unpopular opinion with the moderators here (MODS: I apologize for this in advance), but if you're that unhappy with the choices available in this game/VN, no-one is forcing you to play it, the same way that nobody's forcing you to read a book where the author has chosen a path that you don't agree with. And BD, as well as any other VN/game author/developer, are not required to give a f--- about what people think of their games. Stories are often written with an outline beforehand, and writers sometimes stick with their intended story regardless of others' opinions, or they may take outside opinions into account. That's entirely up to the creators themselves.

If you dislike the choices available that much, and you don't think you're being heard, stop playing the game, show your dissatisfaction by giving the game a low rating, and move on. And if you're also a paying subscriber (through Patreon/SS), show your dissatisfaction by pausing or ending your membership.

Personally, I like this game and its story, and even though I don't 100% agree with the choices available, I accept them as part of the story. Or, in some cases, I accept them as part of the way I opted to play the story (in terms of the walkthrough's Cheat/Loyal path). In fact, WVM and its creator is at the top of my list of creators I plan to support as soon as my economic situation allows for it.

DocSilence

Jan 13, 2018
It isn't really blueballing and it has a great ending if you edged the entire time.
Spoil me please because now I'm not sure if I missed a scene. I did the edging and got the end of the edging that night, but I also pretty sure my MC climaxed with Zoe before that...

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes