Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And the modder adds renders, text and animations to the game, yes?
Yes, it is not a simple case of making not-family, family with text changes. It would have to be on the scale of the Dark Mind mod for Ecchi Sensei.

Though based on my thought yesterday reminding me of the ending of Brazil, I'd be quite amused by a non-canon incest scene to the song Aquarela do Brasil to suggest that it's all happening in the character or player's head. Pulling back to see padded walls would be an extra touch, but not required.
I had that song in my head for hours after.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Pfffttt.....
"natural" "aren't cringy"

...I'm not sure we played the same game. The dialogue is literally constant hero worship. You don't get less natural or cringy than that.
The dialogue is pretty natural. Only thing missing is alot of cussing because my friends and family aren't as pc as the characters in this vn. With all vns time is a factor and talks and actions are condensed for the sake of the story.

This vn isn't for everyone. Those of us that like it, really fucking like it. Those that don't well... (excluding ava's complaint because I actually see where she is coming from even if it isn't a issue for me) seem to be grasping at straws to find fault with it. That's cool, but don't act surprised when us "fanboys" respond with a different view.

Name calling and phrases like "drinking the kool-aid" don't really show good faith or any respect which sometimes inspires the same in return.

Neither side is gonna change the other side's minds.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
The dialogue is pretty natural. Only thing missing is alot of cussing because my friends and family aren't as pc as the characters in this vn. With all vns time is a factor and talks and actions are condensed for the sake of the story.

This vn isn't for everyone. Those of us that like it, really fucking like it. Those that don't well... (excluding ava's complaint because I actually see where she is coming from even if it isn't a issue for me) seem to be grasping at straws to find fault with it. That's cool, but don't act surprised when us "fanboys" respond with a different view.

Name calling and phrases like "drinking the kool-aid" don't really show good faith or any respect which sometimes inspires the same in return.

Neither side is gonna change the other side's minds.
While I agree that no one is likely to change your(or their) mind, calling the other side's argument "grasping at straws" is ridiculous. No, I don't have to "grasp at straws" to find fault with this game. They're glaringly obvious, especially considering the negative points of this game listed by others are practically universal among those who point them out. I wouldn't call that "grasping at straws", would you?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
While I agree that no one is likely to change your(or their) mind, calling the other side's argument "grasping at straws" is ridiculous. No, I don't have to "grasp at straws" to find fault with this game. They're glaringly obvious, especially considering the negative points of this game listed by others are practically universal among those who point them out. I wouldn't call that "grasping at straws", would you?
Since you asked, "cringe" "God worship" "unrealistic" all are grasping at straws. This vn doesn't claim to be war and peace. It's exactly as advertised. You get exactly what is promised.

To me trying to insult the fans and ones that enjoy this type of vn is trollish behavior. Phrasing like "fanboys" "white knights" and "drinking the kool-aid " are basic troll 101.

You stated you don't like the dialogue and that's fine, but using statements like "cring" and "unrealistic" I kind of wondered what you expected or why you keep playing?

Apparently this is a popular vn. It has a lot of fans and that brings with haters and the jealous. When you enjoy something greatly I would hope you would state so and make your reason's known. I say hope because I have yet to read one positive post from you...

quadisstress

May 24, 2020
Since you asked, "cringe" "God worship" "unrealistic" all are grasping at straws. This vn doesn't claim to be war and peace. It's exactly as advertised. You get exactly what is promised.

To me trying to insult the fans and ones that enjoy this type of vn is trollish behavior. Phrasing like "fanboys" "white knights" and "drinking the kool-aid " are basic troll 101.

You stated you don't like the dialogue and that's fine, but using statements like "cring" and "unrealistic" I kind of wondered what you expected or why you keep playing?

Apparently this is a popular vn. It has a lot of fans and that brings with haters and the jealous. When you enjoy something greatly I would hope you would state so and make your reason's known. I say hope because I have yet to read one positive post from you...
Chill out, it's not that depp. No one is jealous of this game, trust me.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Everyone has their opinion.
I'm no fan of some games I have played here either. That just means I drop the game, scroll up on any page while in that games thread and click either Unwatch or ignore (sometimes both).
Then I go find something else instead that catches my attention instead of lasing out.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
The term "frantically searching for hairs in the soup" spontaneously comes to mind. For me, VNs like WVM or MNF are VNs for feel-good moments with a low drama factor. The real world is so fucked up that a little distraction from all the nonsense is absolutely fine. There are, in my opinion, completely different problems that make a VN absolutely uninteresting or unplayable, at least for me, here are a few such things with examples from VN:

Illogical behavior (A daughter with massive social phobias and in the worst case panic attacks is sent alone to a party where she knows no one and no one knows about her problem. No one in the family seems to get the idea that this could go south).

Inconsistent writing (A supposedly good teacher, who should also have experience with more difficult students has - without any decision options for the player - suddenly sex in a gas station toilet with a complete stranger and a little later with a girl, about 18-20 years old, who is completely on drugs, also complete strangers and also completely without decision options), later the protagonist, again without decision options, hits his niece, who is also on a drug trip, after a few silly insults in the face, because his ego can not cope with it.

The scaling (dinner plates the size of a saucer of a tea set, watermelons the size of an orange, a seemingly about 8 feet tall protagonist against whom all the others seem incredibly small, characters who eat an entire pork chop in one bite).

Female characters directly jumping the main character without any explanation. Loosely based on: Who needs memorable characters when you can have sex?

jondow1206

Jul 14, 2020
Ah fuck it, I'm sick of saying negative things this game doesn't have, I wanna say the positive things that this game does have. This is one of the only games I know of that has romanceable trans characters that aren't treated in a weird fetish way. It is also a harem VN that instead of focusing on adultery, brainwashing, manipulation, etc..., focuses on consensual monogamy (plus a kinda triad), a nice breath of fresh air. Speaking of a breath of fresh air, nice non-sexual family relationships, I know incest is popular but sometimes it's just a bit much. Can't wait for someone to start an argument about this post somehow.

Edit: Oh my god I nearly forgot, finally a VN where I don't have to look at some ugly dude face the whole time. There's just something about the dude 3D models faces in these 3D VNs that always look off.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
The term "frantically searching for hairs in the soup" spontaneously comes to mind. For me, VNs like WVM or MNF are VNs for feel-good moments with a low drama factor. The real world is so fucked up that a little distraction from all the nonsense is absolutely fine.
^^^This, right here!
Just some laid-back, feel good, moments before diving back into the grind of reality.

On a side note: I agree with your take about the other VN's you mentioned. I'm still trying o keep an open mind about the second one, although it isn't easy.

3.70 star(s) 640 Votes