Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Whoa - totally forgot about WVM. Seems like ages we last saw content updates.
If I'm not mistaken, Brain promised to release two beta's this month, but I can't imagine how this is possible, except that he will combine them into one and move them to the next month, but the full version should already be released by then :KEK: I just hope that we will see at least one beta next month. He hasn't posted anything new on patreon since December 30, I don't know if he's more active on discord. I hope he will release at least something in the near future, and how much longer to wait for the remake of the first week, I can't even imagine

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
I can understand all of Brain's private issues, what i can't tolerate however is his constant promises of updates which he then breaks, and this seems to be more constant than not. Don't throw "100 % promised updates" around unless you're absolutely sure you can keep your word. Kind of like crying wolf imo.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I can understand all of Brain's private issues, what i can't tolerate however is his constant promises of updates which he then breaks, and this seems to be more constant than not. Don't throw "100 % promised updates" around unless you're absolutely sure you can keep your word. Kind of like crying wolf imo.
"I can understand all of Brain's private issues, so to show my understanding I will continue by complaining about problems that are caused by these private issues that i understand"

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
"I can understand all of Brain's private issues, so to show my understanding I will continue by complaining about problems that are caused by these private issues that i understand"
[/QU
Look, i appreciate Brain as a dev and the fact that he keeps us updated a fuckton more than many other mods gives him cred imo, but me and (i assume) many others just wish he stops with the "100%,guaranteed updates" posts when his private life is as it is atm. It's better if he just says that the update will be out whenever instead of giving us false hopes.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Look, i appreciate Brain as a dev and the fact that he keeps us updated a fuckton more than many other mods gives him cred imo, but me and (i assume) many others just wish he stops with the "100%,guaranteed updates" posts when his private life is as it is atm. It's better if he just says that the update will be out whenever instead of giving us false hopes.
Could you be a doll and post these statements of "100 % promised updates" and "100%,guaranteed updates" because I have failed in locating them.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
My opinion is that the dev should not be sharing any details of his personal life. Patrons are not owed such private information. Keep all communications impersonal and professional. Manage expectations. Be accountable to one's self by setting modest goals and over-deliver if and when circumstances allow. If development needs to pause for an extended period (i.e., if modest goals cannot be met), then do so when appropriate. Do not feel guilty about accepting patron support during periods of low productivity ... rather than feeling guilty and pausing support, simply use those funds to ensure continued future productivity. Without patron support, there are no future updates!

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Could you be a doll and post these statements of "100 % promised updates" and "100%,guaranteed updates" because I have failed in locating them.

(Image from Jasmine's birthday render earlier this year)

Yo
I'm gonna just say it how it is, I need to move the release date to the 30th.
It will not move again.

I won't go into everything in this post since I've gone over most of it already and I don't want it to sound like I'm making excuses so I'd rather wait until after the update to talk about these things.
But to put it really short I've felt like I've been on the edge of a mental boom and I'd rather wait until after Christmas and for most of my family to leave and have all of that stuff be done because holy fuck it's so stressful to manage adults and travel especially when you require them to quarantine and be vax'd. It's been a hell hole.

But yeah, it won't be moved again.
Thank you for understanding. There likely won't be any more posts until after the update so the next mind drop will be on the 31st. Although the birthday renders will be up later tonight or tomorrow on discord.
The beta will release to all tiers and former patrons via discord.
It will release to tier 4 first and then the following tiers every hour after.

Love you guys, and I'll see you on the 30th.
I've added bold, underline and italics to the relevant parts. Sorry for the tag Bob69.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I've added bold, underline and italics to the relevant parts. Sorry for the tag Bob69.
Thank you for your time and response. :)

Ah, so it's just this one time they are referring... I apologize it read like it was a reoccurring event.

I get how that can be upsetting but I do respect how he pauses donations where others continue to squeeze on the teats of their loyal.

Real life can fuck anyone's plans up, but to me that doesn't mean don't make them...

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

W.png

Sup'ge
Thank you all for being patient. I've taken the past few weeks to settle down after the holidays and to get my mental in a better place. This whole experience has been about as hard as people told me it would be but I love it and I'm very thankful to have a community that has supported me through it.

I made some old mistakes
I never should have promised that update last month, it was very foolish and immature and I'm better than that. It was an attempt to lock myself into a date because I was having a very hard time trying to convince myself I was ready to release an update.
It's been tough because I know the only thing that's been stopping me is myself and it's a really shitty feeling whenever you do whatever you can but still can't get out of your own way.
But that's no excuse, I knew there was a part of me that didn't know if I'd be ready even before the holiday season set me back hard.
It never should have happened and I'm very regretful for doing that. That's not the kind of man I want to be.

New year
But it's in the past and I can't change it so I'm not going to beat myself up continually about it. I'm young and still have a lot of learning to do so the best thing I can do now is just learn what I can from the experience and move on.
It's a new year and a new opportunity.

Update when?
Well, I promi- Nope, no promises but I plan to release something soon™.
We're obviously past the point of the 3rd beta now and the full update was scheduled for only 25 days from now. With everything going the way it did I think it's best for me and my mental health to just wipe the slate clean.
I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to have the next update be a very large one. Modestly sized would be a better way to put it I suppose.
I don't have anything concrete on what to expect but there should be an update of some size soon.

Any news on the week 1 redo?
Yes! Tons actually.
I had taken a break from working on the redo specifically but I've been getting back into it and plans have changed. I actually have a lot to say about it and I want this post to be digestible so I plan to talk all about it in the next actual mind drop which should be next Friday. (the 28th)

What about side content like the polls and birthday renders?
Polls resume on Tuesday and I am admittedly very behind on the birthday renders. I am not certain when exactly they can be expected but I'm not going to skip any of the girls so I have to catch up on Rainn, Bailey, Yen, Red, Ivory, Elizabeth, Jamie, and Kimmy's.
I am not certain yet exactly how I'll handle it but I'll have more information next week.

Okay, that's all for me. I just wanted to quickly update you guys since I went dark for a while there. Life is good and I'm doing a lot better.
Thank you all so much for the well wishes and support. It truly means the world to us.
See you all soon™
Love you guys <3

Hinomura

Jul 27, 2020

View attachment 1606916

Sup'ge
Thank you all for being patient. I've taken the past few weeks to settle down after the holidays and to get my mental in a better place. This whole experience has been about as hard as people told me it would be but I love it and I'm very thankful to have a community that has supported me through it.

I made some old mistakes
I never should have promised that update last month, it was very foolish and immature and I'm better than that. It was an attempt to lock myself into a date because I was having a very hard time trying to convince myself I was ready to release an update.
It's been tough because I know the only thing that's been stopping me is myself and it's a really shitty feeling whenever you do whatever you can but still can't get out of your own way.
But that's no excuse, I knew there was a part of me that didn't know if I'd be ready even before the holiday season set me back hard.
It never should have happened and I'm very regretful for doing that. That's not the kind of man I want to be.

New year
But it's in the past and I can't change it so I'm not going to beat myself up continually about it. I'm young and still have a lot of learning to do so the best thing I can do now is just learn what I can from the experience and move on.

Update when?
We're obviously past the point of the 3rd beta now and the full update was scheduled for only 25 days from now. With everything going the way it did I think it's best for me and my mental health to just wipe the slate clean.
I don't think it'd be a good idea for me to have the next update be a very large one. Modestly sized would be a better way to put it I suppose.
I don't have anything concrete on what to expect but there should be an update of some size soon.

Yes! Tons actually.
I had taken a break from working on the redo specifically but I've been getting back into it and plans have changed. I actually have a lot to say about it and I want this post to be digestible so I plan to talk all about it in the next actual mind drop which should be next Friday. (the 28th)

Polls resume on Tuesday and I am admittedly very behind on the birthday renders. I am not certain when exactly they can be expected but I'm not going to skip any of the girls so I have to catch up on Rainn, Bailey, Yen, Red, Ivory, Elizabeth, Jamie, and Kimmy's.
I am not certain yet exactly how I'll handle it but I'll have more information next week.

Okay, that's all for me. I just wanted to quickly update you guys since I went dark for a while there. Life is good and I'm doing a lot better.
Thank you all so much for the well wishes and support. It truly means the world to us.
See you all soon™
Love you guys <3

That's some timing there, thanks Bøb69 for the post. (y)

Since I don't have much free time anyway, just doing a new playthrough of the game when I can : by the time I catch up, update should be up ;)

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

View attachment 1606916

Sup'ge

I made some old mistakes

New year

Update when?

Yes! Tons actually.

See you all soon™
Love you guys <3
Thank you Bøb69 that picture alone has me excited. Glad the dev seems in a good headspace and can laugh at himself :)

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Or even heard from him, no updates even on patreon for 3 weeks.
He is active on Discord so those that are there have heard from him.

For those claiming the beta in October was an "update", umm nope. Last actual update was in July.
While not an actual update there was new story in it so the game was in fact, updated.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes