Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
So this new days will come alone and then when the week 1 update is done they will be reworked to be like day 31+?
Yes latest BD said mid march will come the next update. Then somewhen down the year the Week 1 redo will release and we would be now in week 4. The weeks rn doesnt really matter who really can follow the days ingame, lol.
But he wont have to redo the stuff that we have after the week 1, because there is no week indicator for the stuff now.

• Haha
Reactions: char_2.0

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
For ever? Latest will be mid March. Where did you get the "have to restart" from?

Edit: Oooooh Bro, just not read that post you liked from me, but also the Mind drop the site before. The post you liked is specifically for the Week 1 redo, but there will be a normal update. You should read a bit more and check the Mini Faq. You can find all the Mind drops from Braindrop there.

That's good. Mid March is soon but it's already been forever.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
That's good. Mid March is soon but it's already been forever.
Yeah thats what happens when he changes the release schedule from every ~1/1.5 to when its done, but a very big update.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
From my understanding the week 1 re-work with take the first 7 days of the game and spread out events over a 3 week period of time. There will be some new events, some will be the same and others will have a new look/feel to them. I am not sure if this will require us to start fresh or if we will be able to just answer some questions to pick up at the latest update.

I feel BD is doing this since there was a lot of complaints about how much the MC does in one day, and some other factors too. I also think we should start to see events per day slow down going forward too. I think maybe not until day 11 though as day 10 sounds like there is a lot there still considering what we have seen so far in the beta, and knowing there is the first actual game to see too.

The new update could be early March or mid March we just don't know. I would think that the update needs to be tested, proof read as well as any final renders/animations/script. While I am a patreon I am not a top tier one so I don't know how he goes about all this stuff. We just won't know until BD releases the update to the highest level Patreon members first.

While it has been a long time since a full update, at least we got a beta to see here to hold us over until the next full update. I know the game is not getting updates like it was early on, but when you want to improve your craft it only takes longer as you are always looking to learn new things to improve. I mean come on look at day 1 come pared to the beta there are tons of improvements. The nice thing is BD stays in communication with his patreon members and even interacts with us here sometimes. This is much better than some other devs who just go silent and say nothing to their fans and supporters.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
From my understanding the week 1 re-work with take the first 7 days of the game and spread out events over a 3 week period of time. There will be some new events, some will be the same and others will have a new look/feel to them. I am not sure if this will require us to start fresh or if we will be able to just answer some questions to pick up at the latest update.
Just saw in a comment on Patreon from BD:

On the questions of "Will we be forced replay to the whole week 1 (week 1-3 then)"

Braindrop: "The entirety of the redo will have brand new renders and animations so I do recommend playing it normally, though I do plan to include a "Just the choices" option that jumps through all of the choices so you can quickly continue from where you left off."

"How far are you into the rework of week 1"

Braindrop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tough to answer tbh since I have a lot of work left to do with restructuring it into 3 weeks. I'd guesstimate 65% though."
I did take it directly out of the Patreon comments. So we don't have to replay "Week 1" but it is recommended.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I did take it directly out of the Patreon comments. So we don't have to replay "Week 1" but it is recommended.
For me it sounds you have to restart the game.
Just there will be an option to skip almost everything except the choices.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
For me it sounds you have to restart the game.
Just there will be an option to skip almost everything except the choices.
Well yeah but its not like you have to skip everything yourself, see every render. Even just skipping tru takes quite a lot of time (I did it for the cheating route), so with those choices you decide like 15-20 times and are back at "day 10" (or what ever day it is). When I think about restart the game, I think about having to paly it again not choosing "left or right" 15 times.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well yeah but its not like you have to skip everything yourself, see every render. Even just skipping tru takes quite a lot of time (I did it for the cheating route), so with those choices you decide like 15-20 times and are back at "day 10" (or what ever day it is). When I think about restart the game, I think about having to paly it again not choosing "left or right" 15 times.
I think most people will decide to just play the game from the start.
After all there will be a lot of changes and new events+new characters.

Reactions: Talmadge

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Yeah I think so, too. Just wanted post what BD said on Patreon and clarify myself what I mean "You don't have to restart" It is more like you don't have to replay the first week.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
I replay this VN from the start after every update. Just because it's that good and one of the best currently being made. This and a few other VN's I always restart from beginning after every update.

Kronos405

Aug 25, 2020
There's no way in hell I'm starting from scratch this far along.
1. It's not happening soon
2. It literally changes the beginning of the game. Hours of the story will be changed so idk why you wouldn't play it.
3. There's a special little button that you can use to skip dialogue after you've seen the reworked week one to get back to where you were.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
It's pretty apparent to me after playing the beta that you're going to be lost as Hell if you don't replay the week 1 rework.
There are things from day 7 final-9 that don't make sense either it is not just from the beta for the week 1 rework. There is a whole section about how Stacy talks about how both the MC and her thought she was his sister. As well as other things characters say that are not in week 1 like with Yuki.

Reactions: JustPeekin
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes