superham90

Mar 3, 2019
And th

Why? oh god why? Everytime "These Days" someone gets violent in response to violence, "They" are the ones with anger problems? Seriously, that shows both a lack of common sense, and decency. Wow the guy who just tried to beat me to death with his friends just punched my mom... maybe a polite yet stern talking too will get him to stop, or I just called the police, you just keep hitting my mom till they get here. Lets be honest ANYONE seeing someone punch there mom like that will get violent, to a lesser or greater degree. did the MC overreact, debatable but lets not forget he was running on adrenaline having been getting the crap beat out of him by 4 people about two minutes earlier.
I used the term Anger Managment bcs it was seen that the mc loses completely his mind, the respone after seing his mom punched was right, but he also started to get mad uickly after Ryker mentioned his father when they were with kimmy for her new house

Reactions: Stroker Ace

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I think those rage outbursts will be explored, as he's clearly out of control whenever it happens. It's not a simple reaction to an aggression, he completely loses it. It's basically the MC reacting as his father did so I also expect it to play some role in the story. Not to make something dramatic about it, but for the MC to better know himself and improve.

Reactions: superham90

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I would argue that these outbursts are the product of the former family life. Both times were when (the first time apparently) his birth mother was the target of violence. I would argue that that's where his protective instinct is triggered in those moments, because as a young boy he couldn't protect his mother.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
I would argue that these outbursts are the product of the former family life. Both times were when (the first time apparently) his birth mother was the target of violence. I would argue that that's where his protective instinct is triggered in those moments, because as a young boy he couldn't protect his mother.
I would argue you be put in the situation MC was and you have a clear head.
My money is .. on not, you won't be able to.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
And th

Why? oh god why? Everytime "These Days" someone gets violent in response to violence, "They" are the ones with anger problems? Seriously, that shows both a lack of common sense, and decency. Wow the guy who just tried to beat me to death with his friends just punched my mom... maybe a polite yet stern talking too will get him to stop, or I just called the police, you just keep hitting my mom till they get here. Lets be honest ANYONE seeing someone punch there mom like that will get violent, to a lesser or greater degree. did the MC overreact, debatable but lets not forget he was running on adrenaline having been getting the crap beat out of him by 4 people about two minutes earlier.
Sounds like you have some anger issues you need to deal with.

:ROFLMAO:
Jokes aside. I agree with you. He has no issues or anything to deal with. Someone puts hands on those you love, you damn well better step up and protect them. As Roosevelt once said, "talk softly and carry a big stick"; which I think the MC does pretty damn well.

He's reasonable and doesn't use violence, till it's needed, when it's needed, he does. Nothing wrong with that, it's the way it should be.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I would argue you be put in the situation MC was and you have a clear head.
My money is .. on not, you won't be able to.
That's not the point. The point is that he goes almost blind when it happens and just keeps punching, leaving his opponent very badly hurt, without him realizing what he's doing. That's something to explore precisely because he's not controlling it, and also something that seems to link him with his father. Learning why it is happening to him, and how to control it, seems to me like an important step in a process like the one the MC is living, coming to grips with his adult life while also recovering his lost family life. I hope Lauren to put her psychologist degree to a good use there. Now, will BD go for an in-depth exploration of this potentially interesting element, or will just overlook it and solve it the same way he threw away any kind of potential emotional conflict between Moms? That's another topic

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
He's reasonable and doesn't use violence, till it's needed, when it's needed, he does. Nothing wrong with that, it's the way it should be.
Yup.
I don't see an anger issue either.
The only two things that with enough malicious intent can be seen as such is the fact that Ryker previously had a history with dishing out mental and physical violence before and the fact he had to be stopped by an outsider.

Someone intentionally hurts and attacks someone you love and care about → you stop that.
Protecting someone from a violent person with the only working counter is not an anger issue.
What should he have done when Ryker hit his mom in the face?
Stop and scold him?

That's not the point. The point is that he goes almost blind when it happens and just keeps punching, leaving his opponent very badly hurt, without him realizing what he's doing. That's something to explore precisely because he's not controlling it, and also something that seems to link him with his father. Learning why it is happening to him, and how to control it, seems to me like an important step in a process like the one the MC is living, coming to grips with his adult life while also recovering his lost family life. I hope Lauren to put her psychologist degree to a good use there. Now, will BD go for an in-depth exploration of this potentially interesting element, or will just overlook it and solve it the same way he threw away any kind of potential emotional conflict between Moms? That's another topic
If you think that protecting someone you love and care about from potentially deadly violence via the use of violence after ALL attempts to de-escalate the situation have failed and caused further issues is an anger issue with the defending person you can't be helped.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Yup.
The only two things that with enough malicious intent can be seen as such is the fact that Ryker previously had a history with dishing out mental and physical violence before and the fact he had to be stopped by an outsider.

Someone intentionally hurts and attacks someone you love and care about → you stop that.
Protecting someone from a violent person with the only working counter is not an anger issue.
Stop and scold him?
Honestly, I think you should replay that part. MC's reaction is not a normal deffensive reaction. And it's not the first time either. It's clearly an anger issue.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Y'all keep using the word "outbursts" but I don't think you know what it means.

Reacting to a situation and protecting your loved ones, is not an outburst. Even demonstrating something twice in 18+ years, is hardly evidence of an outburst or anger management issues, particularly when every time is in response to a threat to a loved one or even an innocent.

The fact he didn't get violent with anyone or anything until there was a physical danger shows he has no "anger management issues", in fact it shows he has it managed correctly. Getting angry is not a problem or wrong. How you act on that or what you do with it is where the issues come in. There was nothing wrong with what he did or how he released that anger on any of the occasions it was shown.

That's not the point. The point is that he goes almost blind when it happens and just keeps punching, leaving his opponent very badly hurt, without him realizing what he's doing.
As Turkish said: "It's not a tickling competition. These lads are out to hurt each other. "

That's what Ryker set out to do, to hurt the MC and his family. You don't politely ask them to stop. You use the appropriate amount of force to stop the threat and you don't stop till the threat is stopped.

Side note, if you don't know who Turkish is, I point you to the greatest film ever made. .

Last edited:

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
Sounds like you have some anger issues you need to deal with.

:ROFLMAO:
Jokes aside. I agree with you. He has no issues or anything to deal with. Someone puts hands on those you love, you damn well better step up and protect them. As Roosevelt once said, "talk softly and carry a big stick"; which I think the MC does pretty damn well.

Yup.

Stop and scold him?

If you think that protecting someone you love and care about from potentially deadly violence via the use of violence after ALL attempts to de-escalate the situation have failed and caused further issues is an anger issue with the defending person you can't be helped.
those 2 quotes , exactly
I'm gonna say the same thing I said to the other user, put yourself in his position, are you going to tell me that you'd have been fine?or you'd have done the same thing as MC did.
MCs reaction is right on the money.
I see no anger issues there.

Last edited:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly, I think you should replay that part. MC's reaction is not a normal deffensive reaction. And it's not the first time either. It's clearly an anger issue.
Violence is not the solution, correct.
But at times violence is the only possible action.

You said it was not the first time either.
Yes. Yes it was.
In the known story until now MC never was in a bigger scuffle or involved in a violent outburst.

Thinking about violence is not a sign of an anger issue.
The fact he suppressed that though is a sign of good anger management.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
What is nevertheless problematic is the first situation in which Ryker was struck down by our protagonist. It was clearly the dream sequence with his father that triggered the situation and was a kind of "sleepwalking" I suppose. Fortunately, it was only Ryker in that scenario who got punched in the nose. But what would have happened if someone else who really just wanted to help him had been in Ryker's place?

What I find problematic the second time is MC's "blackout" that he has while beating up Ryker. That definitely requires more scrutiny.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
What is nevertheless problematic is the first situation in which Ryker was struck down by our protagonist. It was clearly the dream sequence with his father that triggered the situation and was a kind of "sleepwalking" I suppose. Fortunately, it was only Ryker in that scenario who got punched in the nose. But what would have happened if someone else who really just wanted to help him had been in Ryker's place?

What I find problematic the second time is MC's "blackout" that he has while beating up Ryker. That definitely requires more scrutiny.
Nope.
He saw that violence was done to one of his loved ones and was reminded of his father.

That thought was not the trigger.
There is NO danger that random bystanders are attacked by MC.

He might want to seek a therapist to solve the past issues like feeling responsible for cedeys accident or the loss of his mom in younger years but anger issues are definitely not on the list of problems he has.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
I think those rage outbursts will be explored, as he's clearly out of control whenever it happens. It's not a simple reaction to an aggression, he completely loses it. It's basically the MC reacting as his father did so I also expect it to play some role in the story. Not to make something dramatic about it, but for the MC to better know himself and improve.
I am not sure about exploring outbursts related idea or mc improving himself about this situation but In personal point of view, If loved once are threatened with this kind of situation. I would say he did what he needed to be done to that scum. His sister was punched and other were facing baseball on face.

I would be angry if mc didn't put that guy in coma.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
I am not sure about exploring outbursts related idea or mc improving himself about this situation but In personal point of view, If loved once are threatened with this kind of situation. I would say he did what he needed to be done to that scum. His sister was punched and other were facing baseball on face.

sister?I think you mean mom?

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019

I mean i've been in the MC's situation with a family member being threatend. Now i was young and impulsive so don't take me as a model case but looking back even i'd say what i did in bludgeoning a guy unconscious was a bit too far.

I can't say it's an anger issue for the MC though, seems more like tunnel vision. He was fixated on removing a problem and did it the wrong way for the right reasons.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I don't have anything else to add. Reacting violently to a violent aggression is OK. Losing out completely and being on the verge of killing someone without even realizing what you're doing, once he's already dealt with, is not. There's something there to explore, if BD wants to go that way.

I just hope don't ever get on your bad side, it's scary how you consider that losing all sense of reality and punching someone to a coma seems like a reasonable attitude to all of you.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
I mean i've been in the MC's situation with a family member being threatend. Now i was young and impulsive so don't take me as a model case but looking back even i'd say what i did in bludgeoning a guy unconscious was a bit too far.

I can't say it's an anger issue for the MC though, seems more like tunnel vision. He was fixated on removing a problem and did it the wrong way for the right reasons.
I an not agree with you on this point. In this situation for me threat need to be neutralized(I would say you did good.) It's good not to expect baseball when you turn around to huge your family. :unsure:(y)

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes