Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Err ...
Don't know if we have played the same sequence then.

There was no break between the full pile-up when the asshat tried to use the head of the "second mother" as a baseball and the "first mother" saving MC with a car crash after he stopped the baseball bat and saved his "second mother" that way.
I mean there obviously were some seconds between these sections but they were NOT long enough to get the drug out of the system.

Adrenaline is relatively quick to flush out of the systems, it happens in some minutes.
But the beating up of the asshat happened SECONDS after MC had a new stream of adrenaline pushed into his system when the car crash saved him.

Did you seriously think in the middle of the fight there was a break long enough to host a tea party?
Without ANY form of law enforcement or reinforcements arriving at the scene?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't remember the exact conversation with Ryker about the first encounter, I just remember him trying to scare her away or something. And yes, Ryker getting punched in the nose is, in retrospect, quite justified in terms of his plans, but it doesn't change the fact that someone else who really wanted to help him could have gotten punched in the nose, precisely because our protagonist was sleepwalking and not in control of his senses.
That's assuming that his subconscious wasn't reacting to Ryker hitting him first. Someone else who really wanted to help him probably wouldn't have knocked him out and dumped him in a basement.

Breezerr

Dec 16, 2017
Err ...

There was no break between the full pile-up when the asshat tried to use the head of the "second mother" as a baseball and the "first mother" saving MC with a car crash after he stopped the baseball bat and saved his "second mother" that way.
I mean there obviously were some seconds between these sections but they were NOT long enough to get the drug out of the system.

Adrenaline is relatively quick to flush out of the systems, it happens in some minutes.
But the beating up of the asshat happened SECONDS after MC had a new stream of adrenaline pushed into his system when the car crash saved him.

Did you seriously think in the middle of the fight there was a break long enough to host a tea party?
Without ANY form of law enforcement or reinforcements arriving at the scene?
I played the scene again for the Screenshots...
Maybe you play it again, because it sounds like you don't remember it correctly.

And again: During the fight was no red visual, and it's clearly, that he had a lot of adrenalin in his body while he was beaten up. If the red stands for adrenalin, it has to get red a lot earlier.

BudgetPro

Nov 11, 2020
the only relevant question in the legal issue is the result of tox screens from Ryker when he ends up in the hospital.

If the guy is determined to have been on major substances, pretty much everything else becomes irrelevant

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not sure if I would call it anger management, but in real life it would be clearly a problem.
Depending on how big the injuries are, it also can be a big burden. The most human would struggle after they hit someone half to death. It's nothing you can control.
But that's only in real life. We will see how BD will handle it.
in that situation i would have beat him to death and then pissed on his corpse. I take offense ti someone hitting my mom. Thank my dad for that

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
I would argue that these outbursts are the product of the former family life. Both times were when (the first time apparently) his birth mother was the target of violence. I would argue that that's where his protective instinct is triggered in those moments, because as a young boy he couldn't protect his mother.
i agree, this is what happened to me

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Err ...

Off-topic from the major discussion in play here, but was something changed since the last time I played this (the beta from late last year)? Unless I'm mistaken, the targets Ethan saved from the baseball bat were Harper and Willabelle. The bat was in mid-swing toward Harper, Ethan grabbed it, and Willabelle decked the assailant. Azel was inside with the others.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
Off-topic from the major discussion in play here, but was something changed since the last time I played this (the beta from late last year)? Unless I'm mistaken, the targets Ethan saved from the baseball bat were Harper and Willabelle. The bat was in mid-swing toward Harper, Ethan grabbed it, and Willabelle decked the assailant. Azel was inside with the others.
It was Harper that almost got hit in the face with a bat, yea.

I'll say good on MC though, watching Ryker get his face caved in was worth the wait dude had it coming big time.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
I mean i've been in the MC's situation with a family member being threatend. Now i was young and impulsive so don't take me as a model case but looking back even i'd say what i did in bludgeoning a guy unconscious was a bit too far.

I can't say it's an anger issue for the MC though, seems more like tunnel vision. He was fixated on removing a problem and did it the wrong way for the right reasons.
Exactly tunnel vision, anyone who has ever been in the middle of a life or death situation, your body flooded with adrenalin if you see a threat THAT'S ALL YOU SEE the threat, you lose any and all peripheral vision and in some cases you can see red this is a natural reaction for anyone in that situation, not just people with ptsd. when your fight or flight instinct kicks in with that much adrenalin, you either become an Olympic marathon sprinter, or the Incredible Hulk.

Reactions: Brannon

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
I played the scene again for the Screenshots...
Maybe you play it again, because it sounds like you don't remember it correctly.

And again: During the fight was no red visual, and it's clearly, that he had a lot of adrenalin in his body while he was beaten up. If the red stands for adrenalin, it has to get red a lot earlier.
Not quite, seeing red doesn't happen every time. It depends on the severity of the situation, remember he was hit from behind. A surprise attack gives no opportunity for an adrenal reaction. His brain had no time to process just how screwed he was. Depending on how much time past from the elbow to the back of his head till he grabbed the bat, chances are he was just beginning to feel the adrenalin pumping, then suddenly its not a life or death situation anymore, so he starts calming down then before the first dose of adrenalin is gone mom gets hit. BOOM second dose. When that much adrenalin is in someone anything is possible, Mother lifts car off child, Father carries child out of burning building unaware he is on fire.

Reactions: Brannon

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Not quite, seeing red doesn't happen every time. It depends on the severity of the situation, remember he was hit from behind. A surprise attack gives no opportunity for an adrenal reaction. His brain had no time to process just how screwed he was. Depending on how much time past from the elbow to the back of his head till he grabbed the bat, chances are he was just beginning to feel the adrenalin pumping, then suddenly its not a life or death situation anymore, so he starts calming down then before the first dose of adrenalin is gone mom gets hit. BOOM second dose. When that much adrenalin is in someone anything is possible, Mother lifts car off child, Father carries child out of burning building unaware he is on fire.
And to say it again.

Adrenaline goes away pretty quickly. It takes only a couple of minutes before it is "out of the system".
BUT there was not NEARLY enough time in between the fight parts that the amount of adrenaline in MC's body went down by a significant margin.
Basically MC was still filled with adrenaline and when his mom got hit he got another big dose of adrenaline on top.
And that is the point he literally saw red.

Got the two mixed up for a second.
You are right.
If Azel would have been attacked with a bat "the red mist" would have descended sooner.

Last edited:

K18

Apr 19, 2018
It's March 31 for most around the globe. Meaning it's Tia's birthday, an assertive sexy girl who knows what she wants, and isn't shy about her interests. Especially with her interest in the MC ;). Gotta love that. I'm looking forward to spending more time with Tia, seeing what more sexy scenarios she'll surprise us with.

Happy Birthday Tia!
Tia_CharacterScreen.png

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes