Springbuck

Jun 28, 2018
That would be fine with me.
I dont understand the facepalms. It seems logical to me that BD would need time to heal from this devastating family tragedy. I understand how debilitating an event like this can be and am willing to allow BD as much time to heal and to put his life back together as he requires. This is after all just a game and in no respect should it overshadow real life events. I think we should just back off on calls for the update and the rework and give BD the time he needs.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
No new mind drops, well, lets keep waiting, and hope everything fixes for braindrop.

Lets calm our anxiety because i doubt it helps

Reactions: thataboo

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Given how many posts in this thread for the last couple years have been complaining about the pace of updates or wondering when they come, I'm starting to wonder if WVM would have had much success at all without Braindrop's absurd release schedule in its infancy. Was that the only appeal, or at least the main one, for most of you?
Coming from someone that doesn't complain about release dates and delays ..... yes, that was the appeal.

I've played a lot of games, like a LOT of games, and one common factor is at some point either updates slow down to a snails pace or they get abandoned.

That isn't me digging at DB slowing things down, that is common across the board. It's happened time and time again with many devs.

Getting regular updates quickly was a huge part of the reason I played this.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Given how many posts in this thread for the last couple years have been complaining about the pace of updates or wondering when they come, I'm starting to wonder if WVM would have had much success at all without Braindrop's absurd release schedule in its infancy. Was that the only appeal, or at least the main one, for most of you?
Yeah, the original release frequency was nuts though it took me awhile to really give it a try due to my dislike of Jamie's anime like eyes and the dopey expressions. How often it got bumped up on the "Latest Update" list kept giving it my attention until I gave in. I did say at some point that the update frequency would lead to the issues that have come since.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
It wouldn't have, no..
And yes, personally it was the only appeal. BD was always the epitomy of quantity over quality, subpar renders (gotten a bit better over time..), terrible story/plot, juvenile writing.. But since he churned out patches almost weekly (bi weekly? can't recall..) you kept coming back since it was there, convinient..

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Coming from someone that doesn't complain about release dates and delays ..... yes, that was the appeal.

I've played a lot of games, like a LOT of games, and one common factor is at some point either updates slow down to a snails pace or they get abandoned.

That isn't me digging at DB slowing things down, that is common across the board. It's happened time and time again with many devs.

Getting regular updates quickly was a huge part of the reason I played this.
I admit that the regular updates kept the game front and center for me. These days I don't really pay attention to WVM nor do I really anticipate updates as they will come whenever BD can put them out. And no, I am not knocking BD, life happens and I'm not going to "blame" someone for it. But these days my enjoyment of WVM has very much cooled and I've largely moved onto other games, I come into the thread every now and then to see what is going on but don't comment as much as I used to because there really isn't any new content to talk about.

Though I may not be anticipating the updates I still play them. I am interested to see the eventual redux of the game and any new content, just without the red hot pervy excitement that I had before, admittedly my interest also waned with the introduction of the color coded girls and the violence at the bowling alley.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I admit that the regular updates kept the game front and center for me. These days I don't really pay attention to WVM nor do I really anticipate updates as they will come whenever BD can put them out. And no, I am not knocking BD, life happens and I'm not going to "blame" someone for it. But these days my enjoyment of WVM has very much cooled and I've largely moved onto other games, I come into the thread every now and then to see what is going on but don't comment as much as I used to because there really isn't any new content to talk about.

Though I may not be anticipating the updates I still play them. I am interested to see eventual redux of the game and any new content, just without the red hot pervy excitement that I had before, admittedly my interest also waned with the introduction of the color coded girls and the violence at the bowling alley.
That's it, it was a regular on the updates page so got my attention quite a lot. I mainly kept up with it because it was constantly getting updates and was easily spotted.

I was never one of the mega fans though so it's kinda one of those out of sight out of mind things and now I only notice it when it pops up on my feed or I see it in the comments section which is quite rare surprisingly with how active some people are. So there are months between me seeing it at times now.

Not digging at BD, he's had a shit hand to deal with and sometimes life just sucks so there is nothing he can do about it.

Sadly with adult games being as numerous as they are now there are always new shinies taking attention away.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

Though I may not be anticipating the updates I still play them. I am interested to see the eventual redux of the game and any new content, just without the red hot pervy excitement that I had before, admittedly my interest also waned with the introduction of the color coded girls and the violence at the bowling alley.

I am on a similar boat

I love the game and are still interested in playing it. But it just not on my radar anymore, i come here and read a few posts every few weeks, and then i forget again for a few weeks.

I honestly just forgot about half the game already, but since its getting a huge rework that isnt going to be an issue i guess

I dont even get what you meant with color coded girls

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's it, it was a regular on the updates page so got my attention quite a lot. I mainly kept up with it because it was constantly getting updates and was easily spotted.

I was never one of the mega fans though so it's kinda one of those out of sight out of mind things and now I only notice it when it pops up on my feed or I see it in the comments section which is quite rare surprisingly with how active some people are. So there are months between me seeing it at times now.

Not digging at BD, he's had a shit hand to deal with and sometimes life just sucks so there is nothing he can do about it.

Sadly with adult games being as numerous as they are now there are always new shinies taking attention away.
Exactly, it really is an "out of sight, out of mind" situation. And it isn't alone, there are other games that have even longer development times that I just plain forget they exist because there is so much going on here and elsewhere. I have a lot of sympathy for BD and I'm not criticizing him. just stating how I perceive the game these days.

I am on a similar boat

I love the game and are still interested in playing it. But it just not on my radar anymore, i come here and read a few posts every few weeks, and then i forget again for a few weeks.

I honestly just forgot about half the game already, but since its getting a huge rework that isnt going to be an issue i guess

I dont even get what you meant with color coded girls
When the MC goes to the bowling alley he meets a bunch of girls that all have heart tattoos and are dressed in different colors. I don't remember their names just that it seemed each of them was wearing a different color of the rainbow to try and make them more memorable. For me they are all very forgettable and not as interesting as any of the women/girls that came before, perhaps because the women before the bowling alley had a chance to be more developed in terms of personality and relationship. I don't know if that is accurate but that is how I felt about them.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes