moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Hmm I don't know, how about the game? He can talk about movies he likes or games he interested in playing etc. You can discuss things that don't really divulge into your personal life.
How do you think people would have reacted if he started talking about those topics without releasing an update nor explaining why it's taking this long. What if people could infer that he's not updating the game because he's investing his time in watching movies or playing some other games. It's a lost battle either way so you might as well go with the truth

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Hmm I don't know, how about the game? He can talk about movies he likes or games he interested in playing etc. You can discuss things that don't really divulge into your personal life.
Call me cold-hearted pig, but lately I've only seen prolonged creative lockouts from developers who can afford not to need to answer to their bosses. But I'm not saying this is the case, not at all...

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
This was bound to happen when a dev makes this much from patreon pledges. These delays are part of the process consciously or unconsciously.
True this is also the reason he paused the pledges again for next month.
These are two things that are not mutually exclusive.
But let's put it this way, you have to be able to afford "doing nothing" to deal with your personal problems.

But to be brutally honest and really i want to say this without offending BD or to refer it "only" to him, at such a point you should think about seeing a therapist.

At a certain age we all find ourselves in the position of losing loved ones.
I`ve lost all four of my grandparents, my parents are at an age where it can happen at any time, but as cold as it may sound, life doesn't take it into account, it MUST go on.
It's also clear that every person is different and also deals with grief differently.
Losing a loved one is always sad, but it shouldn't be so upsetting that grief or everything that life throws at your feet, stops you from going on with your everyday life normally and stops you from seeing the good things that are happening in your life, like a wife or child who loves you and who needs you just as much as you need them then it really is time to seek help.

Because these are extreme signs of depression, and depression really sucks!
I wish BD all the best and that after a long time he finds his peace of mind and can finally be and stay happy.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Well, few things....

(1) If it true that BD was place as caretaker for his grandfather for last 6 years, need to give him the respect and space. Being a caretaker takes a lot of energy and effort to support the needs. With the balance being the caretaker, supporting his partner (wife/girlfriend) and new born child.

(2) Dealing with someone within the family or close ones who passed away, need to give them space. Need to allow the individual to find their grieving.

(3) Also if BD is the executor of the will, that will take a lot of work. Which means, he may need to get a lawyer to help execute his grandfather's will, taxes,and etc. Hopefully there will be no complication with the internal family members and etc it shouldn't take long to progress the will and have it all squared away with in number of months and the estate closed within less than one calendar year.

(4) As we all know that BD still learning to limited his personal life information from F95, Patreon, Discords, etc. No one is perfect, however majority of the people have done the same thing as BD.

Overall, BD has a real life and he need to take care of himself and his family. WVM can wait, since BD has pointed out that it +5 year project for him. Yes, we are aware that BD has delay few times for random reason (weather it valid or not). It is his project, he owns that project, and he delivers his project update when he believe it ready to be release.

We just need to learn to be patience. Which it is one of the most common issue today that most of us have little or no patience. Since most of us uses F95 to explore other VN/games, there are plenty of other projects to check out while we give BD his space and time.

Overall, I am still looking forward to his update whenever BD believe it is ready to be release. Since it been a while, will need to start from the beginning anyway to help refreshing the memory again.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

Aug 14, 2017
Given how many posts in this thread for the last couple years have been complaining about the pace of updates or wondering when they come, I'm starting to wonder if WVM would have had much success at all without Braindrop's absurd release schedule in its infancy. Was that the only appeal, or at least the main one, for most of you?
Consistency is the key. I don't care if it's weekly, monthly, or quarterly updates. Obviously, things happen in life that are unavoidable so delays can be expected. However, the whole "end of this month, middle of next month" cycle has been going on for some time now. Perhaps a lot of people are just jaded by other devs/projects who have burned bright and then flamed out just as quickly. I would venture to say that most people who still post here do so because they ARE still invested in WVM otherwise they wouldn't care enough to complain about updates.

I hope BD finds a comfortable rhythm in the future. I know I meme and joke about the elusive update but I'm not going anywhere. WVM is still a rare gem and definitely worth waiting for.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
hopefully a mod comes to their senses and deletes your dumbass comment before braindrop is back, you deserve a bitch slap same as anyone else who liked your comment
I don't completely disagree with you here, but I'd point out that you're still pimping an abandoned game in your sigs. Anybody can do stupid shit from time to time. ;)

I disagree with you on having a mod delete his comment. Dumbassery should be recorded and preserved as a reminder. After some time, maybe they'll find they've grown and can reflect on how stupid they once were.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
everyone of us are diferent kind of person,and bcs that we have many diferent kind of views about eveything so even if someone speak his mind, doesnt mean that is wromg or bad is only an opinion an evey each of us have one,like everyone of us have deal dif with the bad things life throw at us so i will only say this ,im very sorry for your loss BD and even if i still dont understand your work ethics i love your work and your creation so once the update goes out i will be pldge again like before but till then i prefer be a silent witness .hope you can cope with everything life have for you and try to deal with it regardless of if is good or worst.

Reactions: imaginatus

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Consistency is the key. I don't care if it's weekly, monthly, or quarterly updates. Obviously, things happen in life that are unavoidable so delays can be expected. However, the whole "end of this month, middle of next month" cycle has been going on for some time now.
Yes, unfortunately we won't be getting consistency though. He's doing a "when it's ready" model which has no timeline other than what he says it is. I think the patrons were misguided not to vote for something like quaterly or half a year which provides plenty of work time but also a fixed date.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Exactly, it really is an "out of sight, out of mind" situation. And it isn't alone, there are other games that have even longer development times that I just plain forget they exist because there is so much going on here and elsewhere. I have a lot of sympathy for BD and I'm not criticizing him. just stating how I perceive the game these days.

When the MC goes to the bowling alley he meets a bunch of girls that all have heart tattoos and are dressed in different colors. I don't remember their names just that it seemed each of them was wearing a different color of the rainbow to try and make them more memorable. For me they are all very forgettable and not as interesting as any of the women/girls that came before, perhaps because the women before the bowling alley had a chance to be more developed in terms of personality and relationship. I don't know if that is accurate but that is how I felt about them.
See? i had already forgotten them...

Reactions: MrFriendly

ShiroOkami2

Mar 14, 2020
I don't completely disagree with you here, but I'd point out that you're still pimping an abandoned game in your sigs. Anybody can do stupid shit from time to time. ;)

I disagree with you on having a mod delete his comment. Dumbassery should be recorded and preserved as a reminder. After some time, maybe they'll find they've grown and can reflect on how stupid they once were.
Pimping lol yeah its true is seems dead now much to my disappointment, but I'm rocking the fan sig cause I'm a fan and wish we could rock more than 2. Yup we all do dumb shit, I've done plenty and said plenty

Reactions: Ilhares

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Pimping lol yeah its true is seems dead now much to my disappointment, but I'm rocking the fan sig cause I'm a fan and wish we could rock more than 2. Yup we all do dumb shit, I've done plenty and said plenty
Oh, I've got my fair share, too. I just can't promote abandoned games that I liked, it's the pain of disappointment.

But that's okay, F95 is great overall, I probably wouldn't have heard of even 1/10th of these games if not for this site (and people's sigs). The second biggest pain is the wait between updates.

Reactions: ShiroOkami2

MadMonk

May 26, 2017
Why does he not just take a few months off to get back into the right mindset, a pause from everything would do him good in the current situation and then come back and rethink his strategy of tackling his project, because what he is currently doing does not work for him as we can see looking back at the past 8 months.

Working on the game, delay, pause it, explain why, go back to work, delay, pause it... that all is not really what he needs right now and only has negative effects on ones mind.

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018

[...]

Thank you all for your patience and understanding and thank you all for the kind messages. They have meant a lot.
I'll let you guys know when I'm back at it. It shouldn't be too long.
Love you guys and I'll talk to you soon.
I was about to drop a joke on the ETA shown in game, but I guess it would be too dark at this point.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Why does he not just take a few months off to get back into the right mindset, a pause from everything would do him good in the current situation and then come back and rethink his strategy of tackling his project, because what he is currently doing does not work for him as we can see looking back at the past 8 months.

Working on the game, delay, pause it, explain why, go back to work, delay, pause it... that all is not really what he needs right now and only has negative effects on ones mind.
It's not that simple as it was 2 years ago. Now he has a child that he needs to take care of, so he can't afford to pause patreon like before. This in turn leads to more issues where if he keeps delaying, it'll cause more people to lose faith in him and may hurt him far more than taking some time off would help, especially with how he's already delayed the game multiple times.

As we saw with games like Milfy City, supporters will only accept so much before giving up on a project, and although there'll be some who still will, it may eventually get to the point where people stop supporting him all together.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
It's May 5th and this time around it's double the celebration with the twins Blue and Orange. Both members of the Hearts for Hope charity group and both with their own particular sets of skills. Look forward to seeing what else is different and similar between the two.

Happy Birthday Blue and Orange!
Blue_CharacterScreen.png Orange_CharacterScreen.png

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
It's May 5th and this time around it's double the celebration with the twins Blue and Orange. Both members of the Hearts for Hope charity group and both with their own particular sets of skills. Look forward to seeing what else is different and similar between the two.

Happy Birthday Blue and Orange!
View attachment 1794023 View attachment 1794024
Did even realized they are tiny, 147 cm is so smol, it would qualify as microsomia over here :sneaky:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes