datfcknhunter

Oct 23, 2020
Are the characters based of real life persons? ( i know my englisch sucks) because i was wondering if Jamie is a real Person shes my Fav

Iron-Beagle

Jul 13, 2017
Given how many posts in this thread for the last couple years have been complaining about the pace of updates or wondering when they come, I'm starting to wonder if WVM would have had much success at all without Braindrop's absurd release schedule in its infancy. Was that the only appeal, or at least the main one, for most of you?
Rember back in the day when people were telling BD to slow down?

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
Hope you get better BD and come to terms with things in a good light.

Respectable amount of content you have put out up until life issues came a' callin. ( Hell there are some dev's that do far less and take a lot more time.)

Patienty waiting to see what happens. Enjoyed the story so far, will it continue time will tell.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Hey guys, just a check in to let you all know how things are going.

I mental boomed hard. Everything sort of took a while to hit me and there were some rough days there but I'm doing better.
Definitely in a really weird head space right now. I'm currently planning on how to release the update while also trying not to fuck myself up.
Due to the wait and previous delays this update will already be super stressful for me. Just because of expectations and all the goodies that come with it. So yeah, definitely not sure if I could handle a potential bad release right now with everything else also happening.
I'm flirting with the idea of releasing it in chunks over a few weeks but the prior poll showed that you guys weren't very interested in that. So I'd like to avoid doing that if I don't have to but we'll see.

In other news, while I was mentally boomed I found it comforting to work on things that weren't directly tied to the game like the bday renders and stuff I've fallen behind on. So I plan to finish the last few then have those all up to date real soon.
I've also worked on a few other things like new character sheets and things like that.

Things are still hard but they're getting easier day by day.
As his caretaker I spent a large portion of my day with him making sure he was entertained and happy so not having him to hang around with has been a major adjustment and a constant reminder.

So again, I'm so very thankful for the patience and understanding you guys have shown. Things have been very shitty and I can't stress enough how much I appreciate everything you guys have said and done for me. Aside from the kind comments I was also sent many personal messages of people sharing similar stories and memories with me and it all has helped me a lot. So thank you.

I'll have another post up soon when I decide what route I'll take with the release and the other side stuff shouldn't be far behind it.

See you all soon
Love you guys <3

May 27, 2017
I don't know what it is with AVNs, but as they gain more popularity and support, their update frequency takes a massive dive. Like, is every popular VN dev milking/scamming their audience, or do they take on more than they can handle, do they work less as they gain more money & support, are they thinking too ambitiously, are they incompetent with balancing work/life, does every single one of them really suffer through all the misfortunes and problems, do they not take proper care of their mental and physical health? It could be one of these reasons, or a mix of them all, I wish I knew. But no big and popular VN is exempt from this, at least that I know of; seeing this sort of collectively reactive behaviour to popularity and steady support, is puzzling.

I'm not supporting any of these devs, I'm just a broke pirate, so I'm not demanding anything, I just wish to understand what causes this decline in update frequency. But, I know there are some genuine devs out there, and sometimes tragedy and bad luck strikes unexpectedly; life is unfair and unequal in meting out misfortune.

Mental health issues and burnout are too common among VN devs, it comes with the kind of job they do, and where they work at. If you're working from home all the time, your schedule is likely not as regular as an office-goers, you're not taking the best care of your health, there's a chance you're not getting enough exercise & sunlight (which can lead to depression), improper management of expectations vs reality and taking on too much workload can lead to burnout, and so many other complications could hamper your work.

I just wish the people who bring some joy and entertainment in our lives, would take better care of themselves, so they can keep doing so, and hopefully flourish in life.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I don't know what it is with AVNs, but as they gain more popularity and support, their update frequency takes a massive dive. Like, is every popular VN dev milking/scamming their audience, or do they take on more than they can handle, do they work less as they gain more money & support, are they thinking too ambitiously, are they incompetent with balancing work/life, does every single one of them really suffer through all the misfortunes and problems, do they not take proper care of their mental and physical health? It could be one of these reasons, or a mix of them all, I wish I knew. But no big and popular VN is exempt from this, at least that I know of; seeing this sort of collectively reactive behaviour to popularity and steady support, is puzzling.

I'm not supporting any of these devs, I'm just a broke pirate, so I'm not demanding anything, I just wish to understand what causes this decline in update frequency. But, I know there are some genuine devs out there, and sometimes tragedy and bad luck strikes unexpectedly; life is unfair and unequal in meting out misfortune.

Mental health issues and burnout are too common among VN devs, it comes with the kind of job they do, and where they work at. If you're working from home all the time, your schedule is likely not as regular as an office-goers, you're not taking the best care of your health, there's a chance you're not getting enough exercise & sunlight (which can lead to depression), improper management of expectations vs reality and taking on too much workload can lead to burnout, and so many other complications could hamper your work.

I just wish the people who bring some joy and entertainment in our lives, would take better care of themselves, so they can keep doing so, and hopefully flourish in life.
I agree with the last part of what you said in this. Braindrop seems to be the most unluckiest person on the face of the planet. I wish nothing but the best for him and I truly hope his luck turns around and life can be kinder to him. He's taken enough beatings as it is and needs a break for the constant abuse the world hits him with. Not to mention the abuse some of these players give him.

Fucking cut him some slack, people.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Simple explanation: The college our protagonist is at is not on the planet Pluto. The days so far are extremely content-filled and are not realistic in pacing (hence my Pluto line).

Since there will also be a better in-story backstory for non-trans Shauna, it will probably either come down to starting a new save, which will also make sense in terms of new content.

crazguy4200

Aug 30, 2021

Hey guys, just a check in to let you all know how things are going.

I mental boomed hard. Everything sort of took a while to hit me and there were some rough days there but I'm doing better.
Definitely in a really weird head space right now. I'm currently planning on how to release the update while also trying not to fuck myself up.
Due to the wait and previous delays this update will already be super stressful for me. Just because of expectations and all the goodies that come with it. So yeah, definitely not sure if I could handle a potential bad release right now with everything else also happening.
I'm flirting with the idea of releasing it in chunks over a few weeks but the prior poll showed that you guys weren't very interested in that. So I'd like to avoid doing that if I don't have to but we'll see.

In other news, while I was mentally boomed I found it comforting to work on things that weren't directly tied to the game like the bday renders and stuff I've fallen behind on. So I plan to finish the last few then have those all up to date real soon.
I've also worked on a few other things like new character sheets and things like that.

Things are still hard but they're getting easier day by day.
As his caretaker I spent a large portion of my day with him making sure he was entertained and happy so not having him to hang around with has been a major adjustment and a constant reminder.

So again, I'm so very thankful for the patience and understanding you guys have shown. Things have been very shitty and I can't stress enough how much I appreciate everything you guys have said and done for me. Aside from the kind comments I was also sent many personal messages of people sharing similar stories and memories with me and it all has helped me a lot. So thank you.

I'll have another post up soon when I decide what route I'll take with the release and the other side stuff shouldn't be far behind it.

See you all soon
Love you guys <3
With time all things heal, slow and steady wins the race for you good sir!! We all have been there I'm ome aspect so I just wish the best of fortune and lady luck be with you and your family! This game is one of the best and anything good is always worth the patience

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes