shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
I agree with the last part of what you said in this. Braindrop seems to be the most unluckiest person on the face of the planet. I wish nothing but the best for him and I truly hope his luck turns around and life can be kinder to him. He's taken enough beatings as it is and needs a break for the constant abuse the world hits him with. Not to mention the abuse some of these players give him.

Fucking cut him some slack, people.
sorry but its not about slacking him in a bad way .even the worst of us can understand his circunstances but evrything has a limit .10 months ago many of us told him to ask for help knowing he would get married and etc.so after all the events happend in his life [bad and worst and not so bad]he still want to control over things that any person have control like life and death.many of us talk to him and ask him to search for help not only in the health dept also in the work related dept and he dismiss us like flies so no i can give him peace or break like others bcs for me ethics in general define me wich kind of person i am .when you cannot control your income bcs issues outside work then real life hits hard and for many of us work isnt only that income is also a way to get control over [even if is only inmaginay] when you have datelines and bosses and clients and so on....ethics and real use of your brain hel you to understand that sometimes is better not to chew more than you can ,so he needs a team .....but he is afraid to loss control over the total development [i can understand that from many points of views]but lets be real even when he is stopping pays ,he should stop after next update take a break [yeah more than he already took]and ask himself about his proyects how he can be faster better and try to trust in other ppl who can help him do that ,.bcs lets be honest with this pace and the timeline of this proyect he will need another 10 years to finish and i cant believe that ppl will wait for him even those who can do .BD i know you want and [need ]your one man show but ppl have limits and im not talking about money here i think time is more precious than that .

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
sorry but its not about slacking him in a bad way .even the worst of us can understand his circunstances but evrything has a limit .10 months ago many of us told him to ask for help knowing he would get married and etc.so after all the events happend in his life [bad and worst and not so bad]he still want to control over things that any person have control like life and death.many of us talk to him and ask him to search for help not only in the health dept also in the work related dept and he dismiss us like flies so no i can give him peace or break like others bcs for me ethics in general define me wich kind of person i am .when you cannot control your income bcs issues outside work then real life hits hard and for many of us work isnt only that income is also a way to get control over [even if is only inmaginay] when you have datelines and bosses and clients and so on....ethics and real use of your brain hel you to understand that sometimes is better not to chew more than you can ,so he needs a team .....but he is afraid to loss control over the total development [i can understand that from many points of views]but lets be real even when he is stopping pays ,he should stop after next update take a break [yeah more than he already took]and ask himself about his proyects how he can be faster better and try to trust in other ppl who can help him do that ,.bcs lets be honest with this pace and the timeline of this proyect he will need another 10 years to finish and i cant believe that ppl will wait for him even those who can do .BD i know you want and [need ]your one man show but ppl have limits and im not talking about money here i think time is more precious than that .
Thing is, a lot of people feel they can do it on their own, you can't fault them for it. I was the same way most of my life. I'm 55 now and about 3 years ago, I finally decided to go to our family therapist. But, it took many years to finally do that. Faulting someone over it is just wrong.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

anthony11912

Mar 5, 2019

Ferlucio

Feb 21, 2018
I don't know what it is with AVNs, but as they gain more popularity and support, their update frequency takes a massive dive. Like, is every popular VN dev milking/scamming their audience, or do they take on more than they can handle, do they work less as they gain more money & support, are they thinking too ambitiously, are they incompetent with balancing work/life, does every single one of them really suffer through all the misfortunes and problems, do they not take proper care of their mental and physical health? It could be one of these reasons, or a mix of them all, I wish I knew. But no big and popular VN is exempt from this, at least that I know of; seeing this sort of collectively reactive behaviour to popularity and steady support, is puzzling.

I'm not supporting any of these devs, I'm just a broke pirate, so I'm not demanding anything, I just wish to understand what causes this decline in update frequency. But, I know there are some genuine devs out there, and sometimes tragedy and bad luck strikes unexpectedly; life is unfair and unequal in meting out misfortune.

Mental health issues and burnout are too common among VN devs, it comes with the kind of job they do, and where they work at. If you're working from home all the time, your schedule is likely not as regular as an office-goers, you're not taking the best care of your health, there's a chance you're not getting enough exercise & sunlight (which can lead to depression), improper management of expectations vs reality and taking on too much workload can lead to burnout, and so many other complications could hamper your work.

I just wish the people who bring some joy and entertainment in our lives, would take better care of themselves, so they can keep doing so, and hopefully flourish in life.

I have noticed this decline in speed as well. A House in the Rift and Mist used to be exception to it, but the people behind AHITR (Zanith) are from Russia and as far as I understand are trying/in the process of moving for obvious reason. Not so sure, but Mist started getting slower at seemingly the same time so they might also be from Russia/Ukraine.
Harem Hotel also has had pretty regular (if extremely slow) updates.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
I have noticed this decline in speed as well. A House in the Rift and Mist used to be exception to it, but the people behind AHITR (Zanith) are from Russia and as far as I understand are trying/in the process of moving for obvious reason. Not so sure, but Mist started getting slower at seemingly the same time so they might also be from Russia/Ukraine.
Harem Hotel also has had pretty regular (if extremely slow) updates.
Then you didn't pay attention.

Mist is almost done. Two updates to go.
Runey updates Harem Hotel as fast as possible but the game is huge by now and it takes its time.

Jun 30, 2020
If you’re frustrated with the lack of updates, that’s on you. Complaining won’t improve the devs productivity. Instead, pause your patreon support until the dev becomes active again. In the beginning I used to do monthly payments to a few devs but now I do single, but bigger payments occasionally to show appreciation for a particularly good update. That has reduced my frustration to zero. I also have a bunch of different VNs that I’m watching for updates for (yes, I use a spreadsheet, lol) and have no expectations for any of them. Instead, I hop on here every few days to see what’s new and usually find an update to at least one of the VNs I’m following. Does it make me a pirate if I don’t provide regular support to all the devs I’m following? Yes, but I can sleep at night because I do occasionally support the devs who I appreciate the most. And I DO plan to support BD once the next update comes out as this has been one my favorite VNs of all the ones I’ve tried. But until then, I won’t even think about when the next update might happen, until one day when I pop on here and I’ll be very pleasantly surprised to see an image with lots of yellow in it show up in the Latest Games & Updates page. When that does happen I’ll probably take a vacation day from work so that I can take my time and start it over from the beginning.

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
If you’re frustrated with the lack of updates, that’s on you. Complaining won’t improve the devs productivity. Instead, pause your patreon support until the dev becomes active again. In the beginning I used to do monthly payments to a few devs but now I do single, but bigger payments occasionally to show appreciation for a particularly good update. That has reduced my frustration to zero. I also have a bunch of different VNs that I’m watching for updates for (yes, I use a spreadsheet, lol) and have no expectations for any of them. Instead, I hop on here every few days to see what’s new and usually find an update to at least one of the VNs I’m following. Does it make me a pirate if I don’t provide regular support to all the devs I’m following? Yes, but I can sleep at night because I do occasionally support the devs who I appreciate the most. And I DO plan to support BD once the next update comes out as this has been one my favorite VNs of all the ones I’ve tried. But until then, I won’t even think about when the next update might happen, until one day when I pop on here and I’ll be very pleasantly surprised to see an image with lots of yellow in it show up in the Latest Games & Updates page. When that does happen I’ll probably take a vacation day from work so that I can take my time and start it over from the beginning.
I would like to do the same payment method as you but Patreon won't accept pre-paid credit cards. I refuse to use my regular credit card anymore because I had my ID Stolen and bad experience with my main credit card trying to fix that mess. That's why I only pay with either cash or pre-paid credit cards now. IMO devs are losing out on some money pledges just because Patreon won't accept pre-paid cards. Devs could make a lot more money if Patreon allowed pre-paid cards. I for one would pledge to quite a few devs if Patreon changed their rules on this.

Sorry...rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oghmios1337

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I would like to do the same payment method as you but Patreon won't accept pre-paid credit cards. I refuse to use my regular credit card anymore because I had my ID Stolen and bad experience with my main credit card trying to fix that mess. That's why I only pay with either cash or pre-paid credit cards now. IMO devs are losing out on some money pledges just because Patreon won't accept pre-paid cards. Devs could make a lot more money if Patreon allowed pre-paid cards. I for one would pledge to quite a few devs if Patreon changed their rules on this.

Sorry...rant over.
Use paypal then. Pre-paid cards can be fraudulent so that's why they won't take them

Reactions: LN1982

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
y won't he just release it even though it's not day 14, i heard he had over 3000+ renders already
Renders alone aren’t a finished game.

And also, just in case you missed it: the dudes grandfather died. The grandfather he was the main carer of. has significant personal things going on right now (and has had a lot over the past year or so), hence why this update is taking a while.

But he is communicating a lot about it, at least to people who support him on Patreon (who then post about it here).

Aatrox13

Apr 13, 2020
Renders alone aren’t a finished game.

And also, just in case you missed it: the dudes grandfather died. The grandfather he was the main carer of. has significant personal things going on right now (and has had a lot over the past year or so), hence why this update is taking a while.

But he is communicating a lot about it, at least to people who support him on Patreon (who then post about it here).
how do we know that it really did happen? the guy comes up with tons of excuses like how packed the mc's schedule is. he is just giving out empty promises for the past year

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes