FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
how do we know that it really did happen? the guy comes up with tons of excuses like how packed the mc's schedule is. he is just giving out empty promises for the past year
I agree to some extent. Braindrop has had a bunch of excuses or reasons why the game is delayed. It is too convenient that when there is supposed to release a big update, he pulled another deceased relative or friend commited suicide excuse.

Yet he charges people for claiming he worked on 2000 renders for April but now people only get birthday renders instead because he feels he wants to do something that isn't game related because he is feeling sad.

I swear I kind of wished Patreon would investigate some of these claims to see if they are accurate. Because it does sound like financial fraud to me. I'm no longer supporting the developer and I am not supporting him to mope around the house like a bum taking advantage of his patreons that seem too naive to believe otherwise.

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
how do we know that it really did happen? the guy comes up with tons of excuses like how packed the mc's schedule is. he is just giving out empty promises for the past year
You don’t know, no one does except the dev and his friends/family. People choose whether they trust what they say or not. You don’t have to support or trust any developer if you don’t want to, you can continue to pirate their games for free and fap away.

I agree to some extent. Braindrop has had a bunch of excuses or reasons why the game is delayed. It is too convenient that when there is supposed to release a big update, he pulled another deceased relative or friend commited suicide excuse.

Yet he charges people for claiming he worked on 2000 renders for April but now people only get birthday renders instead because he feels he wants to do something that isn't game related because he is feeling sad.

I swear I kind of wished Patreon would investigate some of these claims to see if they are accurate. Because it does sound like financial fraud to me. I'm no longer supporting the developer and I am not supporting him to mope around the house like a bum taking advantage of his patreons that seem too naive to believe otherwise.
Thats the beauty of Patreon - if you don’t want to support a dev, you can stop.

Although I don’t think people are naive for choosing to believe what he says. If he’d been caught lying previously it would be a different story.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
You don’t know, no one does except the dev and his friends/family. People choose whether they trust what they say or not. You don’t have to support or trust any developer if you don’t want to, you can continue to pirate their games for free and fap away.

Thats the beauty of Patreon - if you don’t want to support a dev, you can stop.

Although I don’t think people are naive for choosing to believe what he says. If he’d been caught lying previously it would be a different story.
Add in that he isn't charging anyone this month or likely next because of what's going on personally!

北方玄武

Sep 11, 2017
I like this game and hope the updates will come soon. Would be a shame to leave the game unfinished (like many others)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hold up. I'm the asshole here, just ask anyone. But, even I understand RL shit comes first. Anyone who doesn't, is just a troll.
I'll corroborate this!
Really? Man, you back away from F95 a little bit and people get delusions of assholery...:ROFLMAO:

But yeah, RL comes first and since I get this shit for free I'm not going to whine about a delay. If I was a patron I might be more inclined to dickish behavior but then I am not 100% a dick.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Really? Man, you back away from F95 a little bit and people get delusions of assholery...:ROFLMAO:

But yeah, RL comes first and since I get this shit for free I'm not going to whine about a delay. If I was a patron I might be more inclined to dickish behavior but then I am not 100% a dick.
I strongly assume that the vast majority of those who complain are not patrons and have never been. I've never understood the logic behind complaining about something I get for free. In my opinion, these are just people who complain just to complain. There are always people like that, but fortunately my selective perception is quite well developed, so I don't even need an ignore list for them.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

DITLO-Preview.png

Hey guys.

I appreciate all of the feedback on the last post about how most of you want the update to be delivered.
I will not be releasing in chunks, it will be in one large update.
I took some time to really think things through and I've come up with a hopeful solution to relieve some of my stress about releasing something though.

I do not have a current release date scheduled for the actual update and I do not plan on sharing one until it is packaged and tested and ready to release.
I am admittedly getting hit by many waves of second thoughts. I've reworked 2 of the scenes and have come to a point where I needed some time away from working on the game itself as it was becoming a bit self destructive since what I assume is grief I am dealing with was being channeled into doubting myself. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.
It's also been very pleasant to throw myself into something to work and distract myself with that doesn't need me to be very emotionally sound.

In this time I've done a lot of "side" work and I do have some release dates for some of it.

Firstly the birthday renders will be made up to date. This will include the girls in the months of March-May. (Zoe, Wendy, Talismah, Tia, Hannah, Eden, Katie, Aubrey, Emiko, Blue/Orange, Lauren, Anna, Yuki, Green)
These will be released on May 20th at 12:00 EST

Secondly, something that's been talked about for a long time has finally been made.
It is called "Day in the life of" or "DITLO" for short. (This is my hopeful remedy for my release anxiety)
This will be a series of short stories featuring characters and what they did on previous days in the story and the first one will be centered around Harper.
All renders will be in 4k (except for in the future when they're added as playable stories from the main game, they'll have to be scaled down to 1080p, the standalone will still be 4k though)
This first set will be released on May 28th at 12:00 EST
(More info on this will be in my next post)

Thirdly, I have reworked the Character Sheets.
Looking back at it, I'm not happy with the format I chose for them previously. Also a lot of measurements have changed and I also wanted to broaden the age range a bit.
These will be released on May 30th at 12:00 EST

Once again, there are no release plans for the update yet.
I'll be completely honest when I say I'm not doing very well emotionally. I'm okay, like life is still going on but I'm finding everything to be very tasking and difficult still. This situation has caused a lot of old issues to pop back up from things that happened in the past I think.
All I want to do is lay in bed, I'm fighting myself every day to get up and be a father and husband and to work on the game.
I'm talking to my therapist twice a week and doing everything I can but nothing is working.
I know it's a "time heals all wounds" situation but the more time that passes the more I feel like I'm suffocating.
I feel like I'm on a self destructive meltdown and I have no way to stop it. Every move I can make is the wrong move somehow.
Setting the dates for this side content is very much on purpose to try and kickstart that part of my brain to get my shit together.
I don't want to unpause pledges until I release the update but at the same time I don't know when that will be and I have a family to provide for.
Either decision will stress the fuck out of me since I don't feel like I deserve anything and the guilt will eat at me and make things worse or I'll pause and feel guilty for spending time away from family for no immediate gain and the stresses of that will compound into something worse.
And that "both sides suck" is true for just about every decision I have to make right now.
God my bed looks very appealing right now thinking about this stuff.

Sorry for venting, probably shouldn't include my brain vomit here since it's a bit too personal and I don't want anyone worrying too much about me. Might edit it out later.
I just wish I could get out of my own way right now.

I don't have a whole lot left to say.
As always thank you all for showing your support and all of the kind messages.
I hope to have better news soon.
Thank you for caring enough about something I make to read these.
Love you guys and talk to you soon.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I feel the same way. Sure I miss my favorite characters and the story itself, but BD's mental and physical health are way more important. I know we have not had a real update in a long time and that is ok by me being a patreon of his. I know at anytime I can stop pledging to him, for any reason, but I know he is trying to work through this. I understand that the struggles with depression and losing loved ones is difficult and it effects everyone differently. With that said I will sit back and continue to wait for the update as well as continue to support him however I can.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022

View attachment 1813804

Hey guys.

I appreciate all of the feedback on the last post about how most of you want the update to be delivered.
I will not be releasing in chunks, it will be in one large update.
I took some time to really think things through and I've come up with a hopeful solution to relieve some of my stress about releasing something though.

I do not have a current release date scheduled for the actual update and I do not plan on sharing one until it is packaged and tested and ready to release.
I am admittedly getting hit by many waves of second thoughts. I've reworked 2 of the scenes and have come to a point where I needed some time away from working on the game itself as it was becoming a bit self destructive since what I assume is grief I am dealing with was being channeled into doubting myself. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.
It's also been very pleasant to throw myself into something to work and distract myself with that doesn't need me to be very emotionally sound.

In this time I've done a lot of "side" work and I do have some release dates for some of it.

Firstly the birthday renders will be made up to date. This will include the girls in the months of March-May. (Zoe, Wendy, Talismah, Tia, Hannah, Eden, Katie, Aubrey, Emiko, Blue/Orange, Lauren, Anna, Yuki, Green)
These will be released on May 20th at 12:00 EST

Secondly, something that's been talked about for a long time has finally been made.
It is called "Day in the life of" or "DITLO" for short. (This is my hopeful remedy for my release anxiety)
This will be a series of short stories featuring characters and what they did on previous days in the story and the first one will be centered around Harper.
All renders will be in 4k (except for in the future when they're added as playable stories from the main game, they'll have to be scaled down to 1080p, the standalone will still be 4k though)
This first set will be released on May 28th at 12:00 EST
(More info on this will be in my next post)

Thirdly, I have reworked the Character Sheets.
Looking back at it, I'm not happy with the format I chose for them previously. Also a lot of measurements have changed and I also wanted to broaden the age range a bit.
These will be released on May 30th at 12:00 EST

Once again, there are no release plans for the update yet.
I'll be completely honest when I say I'm not doing very well emotionally. I'm okay, like life is still going on but I'm finding everything to be very tasking and difficult still. This situation has caused a lot of old issues to pop back up from things that happened in the past I think.
All I want to do is lay in bed, I'm fighting myself every day to get up and be a father and husband and to work on the game.
I'm talking to my therapist twice a week and doing everything I can but nothing is working.
I know it's a "time heals all wounds" situation but the more time that passes the more I feel like I'm suffocating.
I feel like I'm on a self destructive meltdown and I have no way to stop it. Every move I can make is the wrong move somehow.
Setting the dates for this side content is very much on purpose to try and kickstart that part of my brain to get my shit together.
I don't want to unpause pledges until I release the update but at the same time I don't know when that will be and I have a family to provide for.
Either decision will stress the fuck out of me since I don't feel like I deserve anything and the guilt will eat at me and make things worse or I'll pause and feel guilty for spending time away from family for no immediate gain and the stresses of that will compound into something worse.
And that "both sides suck" is true for just about every decision I have to make right now.
God my bed looks very appealing right now thinking about this stuff.

Sorry for venting, probably shouldn't include my brain vomit here since it's a bit too personal and I don't want anyone worrying too much about me. Might edit it out later.
I just wish I could get out of my own way right now.

I don't have a whole lot left to say.
As always thank you all for showing your support and all of the kind messages.
I hope to have better news soon.
Thank you for caring enough about something I make to read these.
Love you guys and talk to you soon.
thanks for letting us know as always
BD I hope you feel better soon, though not sure how much of a chance there is for that to happen.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes