jish55

Nov 23, 2017
In my life I've survived 5 squadmates, 4 cousins, 7 good friends, both my parents and all my grandparents. I never missed a day of work nor am I uncommon. I've known plenty just the same or stronger.
That's not really a good thing to brag about and honestly seems more worrying as that shit can have lasting affects on your mental sanity and psyche if you keep it bottled up and don't take the necessary time to grieve and heal.

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
Not sure about you all, but I work in a creative field. It can be really difficult to be creative when you are depressed. I had some personal stuff happen last year, and it brought me down and I couldn't really do my job. Physically, I was fine. But sit me in front of a computer to design and I couldn't really make much happen (I did end up doing heaps of work to my house though haha - that was phyiscal stuff so felt fine).

I had enough recurring income from clients that I survived, but money definitely got tight. And when you start hitting financial pressure, depression gets worse not better.

So yeah, hope this dude finds his groove. He should probably turn his patreon payments back on tbh. It will help prevent money being a factor in his depression and might even help motivate him to create.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
How some creators get a free pass, based on face value and how much likeable they are, vs some other creators where blazing pitchforks demands pause of patreon and what not if they start come up short is silly at times though.

As for the game itself. Imho way to many characters. It did water down the entire thing..
I think this Dev's history of pausing pledges when they don't meet deadlines is one of the things that have built them some credibility. Most of the other developers that have been talked about do not.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think this Dev's history of pausing pledges when they don't meet deadlines is one of the things that have built them some credibility. Most of the other developers that have been talked about do not.
Didn't say he didn't do that. Just people are quick to jump the guns on some creators while give others a free pass for same things. I haven't mentioned any other creators by name though. Just using the label creator generic in this case...

Tbh, when I pledge to a creator I do so for support the creator. Creator's doesn't necessary stop need our support just because they go through a rough time though.

jjmayne

Jan 22, 2022
From a comment Braindrop left on his most recent Patreon post.

Just to quickly speak on some of the comments here. The update is essentially ready. It's been in the "Final touches" stage for a long time and with everything happening I have really struggled with calling it done and being happy with it. With the pressure of the amount of time, the length of the update, and all of the timetable changes. There's just so much that could potentially go wrong and I am just not mentally ready to handle it. The actual update is "ready", but I'm not ready to release it... if that makes any sense.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
This kind of mindset can easily kill a game...
Any one remember CubeWorld? That dev had a similar mindset and it almost killed the game and when we finally got it sucked.

I hope that BD can recover anytime soon.
If it's done he should just release.
I get that there is fear of failing or people not being happy but thing is people aren't happy right now with the project not having an update for so long.
If the rework is anything close as good as current then he has nothing to worry anyway.
What BD needs to do is getting the WVM update released so we can play it so he gets feedback.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
There's just so much that could potentially go wrong and I am just not mentally ready to handle it. The actual update is "ready", but I'm not ready to release it... if that makes any sense.
Yes it makes sense but it's on the way to slide down the slope of procastination.

Delaying it is just worse because then the negative thoughts build up and things just keep getting pushed back in days then weeks and before you know it a year has gone again. He could release it now and have one less worry to deal with while he sorts out everything related to losing his grandfather while being a dad.

unaspajillas

Dec 6, 2021
i played a couple hours, is it worth it to keep playing if i'm not really interested on either shauna or jamie? This happens to me often, not being interested in the main girls, i guess i'm kind of a LI hipster lol, but usually there's enough side chicks to make it work. But now I see that nothing happens with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and the rest aren't looking great either. Not really interested in playing too much longer if all i'll get is a lame 15 seconds scene with a generic blonde cheerleader with no personality.

Last edited:

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
i played a couple hours, is it worth it to keep playing if i'm not really interested on either shauna or jamie? This happens to me often, not being interested in the main girls, i guess i'm kind of a LI hipster lol, but usually there's enough side chicks to make it work. But now I see that nothing happens with adoptive mom/sister (bruh whats with all the teasing then?), nothing happens with jasmine, and the rest aren't looking great either. Not really interested in playing too much longer if all i'll get is a lame 15 seconds scene with a generic blonde cheerleader with no personality.
No incest at all plus jaime and shauna are not optional

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
i played a couple hours, is it worth it to keep playing if i'm not really interested on either shauna or jamie? This happens to me often, not being interested in the main girls, i guess i'm kind of a LI hipster lol, but usually there's enough side chicks to make it work. But now I see that nothing happens with adoptive mom/sister (bruh whats with all the teasing then?), nothing happens with jasmine, and the rest aren't looking great either. Not really interested in playing too much longer if all i'll get is a lame 15 seconds scene with a generic blonde cheerleader with no personality.
Well, If your're not interested in both main and side girls then I don't see a point in playing any further.
imo. The strength of this VN are interactions between characters, not the story itself or H-scenes. So if you're not into that (and them) you should probably move on to something else.

unaspajillas

Dec 6, 2021
Well, If your're not interested in both main and side girls then I don't see a point in playing any further.
imo. The strength of this VN are interactions between characters, not the story itself or H-scenes. So if you're not into that (and them) you should probably move on to something else.
Thanks, great explanation. Character interactions aren't doing too much for me rn, and as you said, that's probably the game's strength. I'll probably fool around with it a bit more, since I peeked at the character sheets and it seems like there's a ton of girls. But yeah, it's probably just not for me.

Reactions: isotope and Bev_
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes