Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
In my life I've survived 5 squadmates, 4 cousins, 7 good friends, both my parents and all my grandparents. I never missed a day of work nor am I uncommon. I've known plenty just the same or stronger.
Thank you for your service, but as I'm sure you discovered in the early days not everyone is made of the same stuff. Some people ring the bell and walk the line. If a civilian who is the primary caregiver of a loved one. "grandfather" loses that loved one, they can't be expected to have the same stoicism as you, or others have. This is a mid twenties young man who has just begun "adulting" new home, new family, so new tragedy will be a very real gut punch, and I think we can show a little of the same compassion we would appreciate if the tables were turned.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

View attachment 1813804

Hey guys.

I appreciate all of the feedback on the last post about how most of you want the update to be delivered.
I will not be releasing in chunks, it will be in one large update.
I took some time to really think things through and I've come up with a hopeful solution to relieve some of my stress about releasing something though.

I do not have a current release date scheduled for the actual update and I do not plan on sharing one until it is packaged and tested and ready to release.
I am admittedly getting hit by many waves of second thoughts. I've reworked 2 of the scenes and have come to a point where I needed some time away from working on the game itself as it was becoming a bit self destructive since what I assume is grief I am dealing with was being channeled into doubting myself. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again.
It's also been very pleasant to throw myself into something to work and distract myself with that doesn't need me to be very emotionally sound.

In this time I've done a lot of "side" work and I do have some release dates for some of it.

Firstly the birthday renders will be made up to date. This will include the girls in the months of March-May. (Zoe, Wendy, Talismah, Tia, Hannah, Eden, Katie, Aubrey, Emiko, Blue/Orange, Lauren, Anna, Yuki, Green)
These will be released on May 20th at 12:00 EST

Secondly, something that's been talked about for a long time has finally been made.
It is called "Day in the life of" or "DITLO" for short. (This is my hopeful remedy for my release anxiety)
This will be a series of short stories featuring characters and what they did on previous days in the story and the first one will be centered around Harper.
All renders will be in 4k (except for in the future when they're added as playable stories from the main game, they'll have to be scaled down to 1080p, the standalone will still be 4k though)
This first set will be released on May 28th at 12:00 EST
(More info on this will be in my next post)

Thirdly, I have reworked the Character Sheets.
Looking back at it, I'm not happy with the format I chose for them previously. Also a lot of measurements have changed and I also wanted to broaden the age range a bit.
These will be released on May 30th at 12:00 EST

Once again, there are no release plans for the update yet.
I'll be completely honest when I say I'm not doing very well emotionally. I'm okay, like life is still going on but I'm finding everything to be very tasking and difficult still. This situation has caused a lot of old issues to pop back up from things that happened in the past I think.
All I want to do is lay in bed, I'm fighting myself every day to get up and be a father and husband and to work on the game.
I'm talking to my therapist twice a week and doing everything I can but nothing is working.
I know it's a "time heals all wounds" situation but the more time that passes the more I feel like I'm suffocating.
I feel like I'm on a self destructive meltdown and I have no way to stop it. Every move I can make is the wrong move somehow.
Setting the dates for this side content is very much on purpose to try and kickstart that part of my brain to get my shit together.
I don't want to unpause pledges until I release the update but at the same time I don't know when that will be and I have a family to provide for.
Either decision will stress the fuck out of me since I don't feel like I deserve anything and the guilt will eat at me and make things worse or I'll pause and feel guilty for spending time away from family for no immediate gain and the stresses of that will compound into something worse.
And that "both sides suck" is true for just about every decision I have to make right now.
God my bed looks very appealing right now thinking about this stuff.

Sorry for venting, probably shouldn't include my brain vomit here since it's a bit too personal and I don't want anyone worrying too much about me. Might edit it out later.
I just wish I could get out of my own way right now.

I don't have a whole lot left to say.
As always thank you all for showing your support and all of the kind messages.
I hope to have better news soon.
Thank you for caring enough about something I make to read these.
Love you guys and talk to you soon.

I feel like Braindrop is suffering from trying to make the story too perfect, which is a problem, since it often that level of perfection wont be reached.

About the DITLO, i assume those will be female protagonist stories, which most people wont even play, so i dont think those would be a good replacement.

This is one of the reasons why i think Patreons gave a terrible feedback when they voted to wait to full releases instead of giving the feedback for smaller releases, but well, it is what it is

We will have to keep waiting

Asmodeus34

Feb 8, 2022
Is it accepted trolling here ("when's the update? " "any news?")? Seems like them post would be dealt with for the space wasters they are.
Hi, you must be new here. This is the WVM thread, where trolls are free to come and go as they please and only the people who get annoyed by them get punished.

Edit: To actually say something productive, someone brought up that BD should hire help. I think the main help he would need is an editor, considering he has to redo the first week to be about a month because he crammed too much stuff in each day. There's a few other minor issues I have with the writing, particularly in the earlier updates. I think if he had someone to bounce ideas off of, he would benefit creatively, once he's finished grieving and is in a good mental place to start working again.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
don't feed them...
if you do they will stay longer, just ignore them
I mean I reckon it's hard to understand that sometimes life gets in the way and there's nothing you can do , but that would require to have active brain so.. yea.. no chance.
Because nothing keep people more away than insult them at the same time right? :ROFLMAO:

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes