shi5432

Jul 7, 2020
This thread has never taken well to criticism, for some reason there are people like this who seem to take it personally in place of the dev. I don't understand it. It's like they aren't aware that this is a piracy site and that giving money to people isn't required for an opinion.

Either way I stopped my sub quite a while back now, I could see the writing on the wall.

I think what we mistook for work ethic was in fact obsession. Which he has alluded to, but I think we all wanted to think there was an underlying work ethic that pushed it along. I think now that the obsession has faded he's unable or unwilling to work on his game because he doesn't have that work ethic to fall back on. This latest update has been just about ready, a couple of days away at most, for (nearly) the entire year so far. I don't believe that it was so close to being released and he hasn't managed to put that update out and yet managed to do... this thing. The update that, by his own account, was ready to be released bar a few minor issues. How do you manage to have something that close to being ready for a deadline end up going months and months past it? That was all said before the latest tragedy, in a long line of tragedies.

For someone who now has a kid which means he "can't afford to keep pausing pledges" you would think they would take their $20k+/month job more seriously.

It's just disappointing really, when this first began it was a beacon of light in what felt like a sea of milkers and plain ol' incompetent devs. The updates were on time and consistent in both quality and quantity. The quality of which wasn't anything special - both the renders and writing have always been average at best - but it's readable and it's a feel good story where the hero gets the girl(s) and kicks some ass in the process. He would pause pledges when shit happened, and keep them paused until shit stopped happening. You would get bite sized pieces every week or two, and could wait a little bit knowing things were progressing and when you came back a month or two later you would have a decent chunk of story to sit down and read.

Fast forward to now and it's like WVM is in a place that's an amalgamation of the very reasons people stopped their support for other games and made it successful in the first place.
Thanks! Perfect description of the situation imo

Reactions: VOYEUR

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I like the idea of third party perspectives for story exposition, but I question why it should be divorced from the main game. Why not integrate it into the game? For example, at the beginning and/or ending of each 'Day' provide a different character's perspective before MC takes off on his harem globetrotter adventure. I feel this would add gravitas to the narrative with the added benefit of waste-not want-not.

• Angry
Reactions: Ullubu and Mid4s

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
it´s sad that after waiting for that long there is no update for the maingame but insted a sideshow...and i know it´s meaningless to say anything against the dev but even if you want nomore cant you bring it to an orderly ending!? yeah whatever...i look in a coupple of months again ,if there is anything real new or not....(sideshows are boring and censored at that moreso)

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
i dont know now but before he paused the pledge for several months so he wasnt making a penny
which is what makes him a good dev. but the statement i responded to was more about a dev not using patreon at all.

Cr8tive M3dia

Developer of Limitless & OctoPussy Island
Game Developer
May 19, 2020
Well, in the main game there was the whole scandal obstacle with a former teacher getting involved with a student. That stopped anything happening with staff at WVM getting down and dirty. Only relatively recently in the story has that obstacle been removed, starting with the scenes with Mabel. For Harper, I assume it would happen after the first game he wins for her.

Oh, and since pledges were paused for most of that, subscribers aren't out of pocket. Pledges were enabled for this month and something came out this month.
Oh I know, I read the dialogue...... but doesn't mean I don't want to see it. Haha

Well that's fair enough then, if he paused it for a break and no subscribers are out of pocket, then people can't be too miffed with braindrop's decision or the time it has been since the last update. Like i said I liked it...would have been better if certain scenes were not blurred out, but as a side game was fine... as long as it doesn't go down the route of the whatif's like another game (I very much doubt however as this isn't the kind of game for it) then I'm all for these side games.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Then Harper is basically telling her daughter that she wishes she never had her etc. I get that Brain Drop is going through some mental stuff but it's bleeding into the writing and not for the better. Sorry no daughter or son wants to hear that from their mother.

View attachment 1837821
Yeah...
Harper was one of my fav. But after what she told her own daughter .. I'm not sure.
Poor Nat.

Way to ruin a LI. :cry:

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
At this point, WVM is just becoming the same meme as so many other games.
Game is great. Well, it was until a year ago. Now it's just kinda...there.
Here it will stay as another developer goes through some existential crisis, while patrons keeps shoveling money their way.
Welcome to Milfy City 2022.

I really hope I'm wrong. We'll see... In a year or so.
At least we kinda got an update...thing.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Ok, is it worth to download or not ?

Version 0.9.5 = 1800+ renders update july 2021
Version 0.10.0.1 = 208 renders
Version 0.10.0.1 Ditlo Harper = 169 renders update May 2022

10 months for two update with 377 renders.

I think i will wait to download and play and if it take another 10 months to reach almost 400 renders, well i guess it will be another game that's gonna go in the waste basket.
There're so many good game out there, that i don't see the point in waiting so long for so little, but i will give it one last chance and see.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes