3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
I don't get the mentality of "he can just hire someone". It's the actual creator that make it what it is. He could hire a team of people to carry on, it would still become something and someone else's.
theres nothing really spectacular or unique here in terms of ideas or execution. with some coaching he could find someone that continues the game without any jarring change in style or quality.
Take blackheart games for example. I think the games are lower quality but he does have a unique style. Its utter nonsense going 1000 miles per hour but its unique. he couldn't really pass his work unto someone else without a jarring change.
Not trying to insult anyone involved. i really don't care that much about this game and it doesn't really seam to be a milfy city situation that makes me angry.

Reactions: MadMonk

Clumsy Wumsy

Jan 17, 2020
So didn't he had already more than 2k renders for the actual update? Why is he thinking now on releasing it in small chunks instead of just releasing all that he got done and then in the next update start doing smaller updates? It makes no sense, he got a lot of work done and will now "sell" it every month for a few months instead of just putting out the whole update he has already done, it's madness.

Having an update now with let's say 500 renders when we all know he has done more than 2k would feel like a huge BS and a slap in the face for every patreon tbh.
Maybe because these 2k+ renderers don't really exist and he hasn't done anything for the most part all this time. Haven't thought about it?:HideThePain:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
So didn't he had already more than 2k renders for the actual update? Why is he thinking now on releasing it in small chunks instead of just releasing all that he got done and then in the next update start doing smaller updates? It makes no sense, he got a lot of work done and will now "sell" it every month for a few months instead of just putting out the whole update he has already done, it's madness.

Having an update now with let's say 500 renders when we all know he has done more than 2k would feel like a huge BS and a slap in the face for every patreon tbh.
Maybe those 2k renders aren't ready for making one big, linear update. He might have different scenes ready but not other minor scenes to link them, so he can't just release the whole pack as it is, but he can start to release smaller chunks and force himself to connect them in proper order. I can totally see why in a moment of blocking he could have been editing 'already done' scenes to the point that what once was almost ready to go is now in a serious need of even more work to make it a whole, coherent thing again.

Of course, people is going to believe he's milking anyway

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
When he said he was going to break the big update into several smaller updates it gives off the vibe he is going to start milking patrons.
To play the devils advocate. If he said that, you could ask; is there really a huge update out there? Because he could keep release smaller updates over time and sort of get away with it. I won't say it is to milk any patreons, more he failed to deliver and playing catch up can be a hard thing to do. Imho would be better for creators to just keep quiet about updates, and just release a update when they feel its done. No risk of over sell or promise to much..

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

I have a feeling of déjà vu... oh yeah milfy city

Personally, with as long as these issues have been going on with the game, and the mental impact it is having on the dev (going by what they said anyway), i would just let the game die and be done with it, rather than drag it out for years and probably never getting out of this "slump".
Just dragging it out is not doing right by the subscribers or themselves.
Sometimes you just have to let things go, i mean let's be honest, the game has been going downhill for a long time anyway.
It's hard to let so much money go

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
is there a uncensored version or a patch?
LOL I thought I would never see censorship in a Braindrop game. But he pulls it in the first mini episode. If you were trying to alienate your fans, censorship is a big way to do it.

I mean if he was trying tease people, he could done it with different camera angles or towels coverings etc But to use a distortion filter over the goods is not cool at all!

deku12

Jun 13, 2021
Well after playing DITLO, I still have hope that we might get some Harper action. Fingers crossed though.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
He's censoring girls now ? lol, This is just going from bad to worse
Just Harper and MC's Face. Problem what i have with this, if he doesn't want to show Harp then it was the worst time to drop it atleast if he even has planned it to show her in the main game. For MC's Face if don't want to show it he should have just use it as he always has done through the Eyes of MC in this part. The MC's Face Censor at this part feels just so fucking creepy. Ya know some sort of Horror/Psycho Thriller style. :oops::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: grim019
Sep 26, 2019
Maybe because these 2k+ renderers don't really exist and he hasn't done anything for the most part all this time. Haven't thought about it?:HideThePain:
Can't be. Impossible. Devs always tell the truth 100% of the time and this job is harder than ice road truckers, crab fishing, fighter pilot, off shore oil rig combined. This is the most dangerous, stressful, demanding job in the world. So cut him some slack.

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020
Maybe those 2k renders aren't ready for making one big, linear update. He might have different scenes ready but not other minor scenes to link them, so he can't just release the whole pack as it is, but he can start to release smaller chunks and force himself to connect them in proper order. I can totally see why in a moment of blocking he could have been editing 'already done' scenes to the point that what once was almost ready to go is now in a serious need of even more work to make it a whole, coherent thing again.

Of course, people is going to believe he's milking anyway
I could see that but the thing is that weeks ago he said that he got the first day ready with more than 1.5k renders ready and that it was just the last day that needed to be touched up.
He now releasing anything but a complete day that was ready and was a solution he offered some time ago would be a huge fuck you to any fan of his work, if he brings an update and is not a full day or is a really small part it's a mistake, but well I will just unsub and go my way, braindrop seems to have lost his way.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Just Harper and MC's Face. Problem what i have with this, if he doesn't want to show Harp then it was the worst time to drop it atleast if he even has planned it to show her in the main game. For MC's Face if don't want to show it he should have just use it as he always has done through the Eyes of MC in this part. The MC's Face Censor at this part feels just so fucking creepy. Ya know some sort of Horror/Psycho Thriller style. :oops::ROFLMAO:
I found it funny that he was wearing a hoodie to bed lol.

May 30, 2018

Either it's a marketing strategy or there is no 2k render at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: uberzaeks

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I could see that but the thing is that weeks ago he said that he got the first day ready with more than 1.5k renders ready and that it was just the last day that needed to be touched up.
He now releasing anything but a complete day that was ready and was a solution he offered some time ago would be a huge fuck you to any fan of his work, if he brings an update and is not a full day or is a really small part it's a mistake, but well I will just unsub and go my way, braindrop seems to have lost his way.
Maybe when you start rake in nice from your Patreon, it become more fun to spend your bucks than spend your time on make more of them? idk..

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Haven't played it yet, about to start but reading all the (negative) feedback here i'm sure this will work into BD insecurity even more instead of helping him. We can all expect the real update to be even posponed longer now.

Really can't wrap my mind around it that he jumped to this instead of working on WVM itself. Ok, he is in a bad shape (mentally) but if you can start something new you can also finish the current project which only needed some polishing according to his logs.

I'm sure he would get more credits if he just dropped the update instead of working around it. And in the long run it would be better for him to get back on his feet.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes