Effinpist

May 10, 2018
Yeah, well, I once stood on some LEGO ....... BARE FOOT.
Most people step on a lego, but you stood on it. What dedication.
Coming in completely cold here, not read anything other than some reactons that are disappointed in the update.
I've not read up on how much work the dev has done but I hear it's something like 2k renders while he dealt with the irl stuff.
And apparantly now releases some mini updates, which people on this thread has a problem with.

How many here that are now complaining have been an active patron? I seem to remember when I was a patron, whenever he had totake a break or didin't meet the deadline he always paused his page so no one would be charged.
I don't know if that is the case this time around but from his track record I'm inclined to think so.

Point is, if he's made all this in his off time, and haven't charged anyone, then doesn't it stand to reason that he can choose to release it in portions so that he get payed for what he would usually get if he did it monthly?

As I said I have no idea what has been going on over on his patreon page and over here on the thread excpet for the last two pages, so feel free to correct me.

Hopefully with facts and proof.

And on another note.
Braindrop, if you read this thread I am glad to see you back, I've not tried the game in a while but I really liked it while I was still pledging before I had to cancel it cause of reasons. Hope you are well.
He has not suspended pledges for several months now. I can verify.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
This game went from one of the most hyped games around to literally driving itself off a cliff so quickly. BD is now banning Patrons when they ask critical questions? Not good. This thread, at least in the early days, was always an echo chamber of praise for BD. But if he is at the point where he can't deal with valid critiques, this game is doomed.

But this has probably been simmering for a while. Maybe even since the game began. Those bi-weekly updates he used to do aren't sustainable. So he slowed down. And then he released updates every few months. Then he slowed down more. And now he has a 2k render update that has almost been ready for months. And he hasn't released it, because he slowed down even more. Assuming that 2k render update actually exists, we've heard that one before from other devs.

It's like running a marathon. He sprinted out of the gates, and exhausted himself. Now he has a pulled hamstring, a twisted ankle and on his last few drops of water. Will he make it to the finish line? I doubt it. Very sad that this game has turned into a "what not to do" for future devs. And this doesn't even account for any of his mental health issues.
This my exact thoughts summed up. man just need that update

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I'm going to sit down and parse the update out in chunks that make sense to me and I'm going to release those chunks.
I'm going to allow myself to work on some of the scenes again... there are a few that I genuinely think I can improve rather easily and quickly.

This is code for "I've basically done nothing and to cover that up I'm going to pretend like I'm just releasing it in small bits over the next year and a half so I can keep the $$ coming in."
With the money he makes he could literally rough draft a script and pay someone else to do the work, its not like the writing or renders are super-awesome anyway.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
People who complain about an "improper sentence" obviously have missed the fact that Harp immediately apolgised to Natalie for the remark, and also obviously, she wasn't even bothered by it since she knows her mom truly loves her.
People who don't have kids are bothered by it most likely. Parents are no different from anyone else looking backwards.

Xegrid

Donor
Jan 22, 2019
Finally this thread showing some teeth.

Said it 3 months ago.

A month ago; Been accused of being troll. Battled with Facepalmer squad. Even some members tried to excommunicated me. Been blocked by some members. Couple of my posts deleted by mod(s?).

Last decent update was almost a year ago.

I started this game before October or November beta. I criticised the update taking too much time.

After the beta released next full update was scheduled Feb 14. Then Late Feb. After that early March. To late March. Again in April. Now May is almost over. Still no update instead some side project which i haven't played yet.

Almost 1 year with less than 500 renders.

Also this project was designed as 5 Years. Now he expanded to 10 Years. I got a suggestion for Patreon members go to the tailors and tell them "I want bigger pockets." Cause u guys will need it.

About ditlo: I just wasted 300 mb.
wanted to finaly test this game out, i know it's on the first page of top likes, so i knew about it, but i never rly see it in the latest updated list so i thoght "i will give it a try when it finally gets an update" than i;v seen your post and i'm rly greatfull that i don't need to waste my time with another one of *this* kind of devs, because i know allllll to well what you are talking about, the covid/personal life ate my homework and i need 6-9 months extra time kind of devs, but on the other hand, like with the icstore dev, i got to question myself, why would the dev be interested in doing any, ANY real work for the game since the patrons seam to be rewording there actions by first and most importanly continuing to dump money into the devs pockets without getting anything in return, and secound, like you mention, dogpileing people with facepalms who do not simp for the dev

but hey on the bright side now i know to avoid this one so thx :)
if not a single game would EVER come out from this point on, i will not have enf time in my entire life time to play ALL the games that are already done that i might want to play, sooo no lost for me ;)

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Because he's making $200k a year off of it.
Way better to milk the shit out of it until all the suckers fans realize whats going on.
Yep the Dev has definitely gone the route of Milker City. Especially after putting out this shit. We'll get another one of these and then a promise of another big update then something will happen and we'll get shit again and then another promise. The Dev just needs to release the update since apparently its already finished. Who cares if some people don't like it. You can't please everyone. But at least an update of any kind is a lot better than the shit that was put out today.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes