Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
you do realize that the patreons voted for longer updates and waiting for the dev to finish the update right?
when they were given the choice.
so.. your comment is .. stupid at it's best.
at least the part about the patreons...
also calling this dev a scammer is so .. siilly to put it in the nicest way...
but I guess people such as yourself and others who have posted here have nothing better to do.
carry on.
are you a patreon?
With that logic we will have 99% of the new devs giving up very soon.
When you are an independant worker, you have to have funds on your own for your own first project. or you have to present at least 50% of your project to get funds. It is a business.
Most "developers", if you can call them that, post a "chapter one" that can be played in 15 minutes and hope that you are going to fund the rest of their project.
I am not the one who is wrong here. They are. Their mindset is wrong to start with. If people are smart about who they are going to show support and invest their money, most of these developers, who aren't really developers won't exist and will be left only those who are really willing to work and have an actual project to be supported.
Funny how the wrong becomes right and the right becomes wrong;
99% of those devs, if they aren't serious about their project they shouldn't exist. And it is not the supporter fault.
No one should start supporting people for a 15 minutes gameplay chapter. You can't even call that person who deliver a 15 minutes project a developer.
And if they are to be independant as I said, they have to have at least 50% of their project done. People will pay for those 50% and support the next updates. Reason why my way to invest on these kinds of games comes from Steam. Others only get my support when I see they are a reliable developer.
I don't know where you took this idea that we should support their work since the start as if we were their mom or dad.
Even streamers on twitch, that are also supported by subscribers, invest on their gear first.
They have to have a good pc, mic, camera, etc to be a good streamer and deliver good content. That means they invested some time and money on what they are willing to do.
I can tell you that 99% of those wannabe developers that you mentioned only 1% of those will actually finish their project even with support.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I simply don't believe that he's sitting on 2k complete renders.
I already stated my conjecture about those renders, which is just a personal belief, like yours. Only that mine is based on what I've read from BD since he started making this game, and yours is, most likely, based on your experience with other devs (or on others' experiences with other devs)
Maybe those 2k renders aren't ready for making one big, linear update. He might have different scenes ready but not other minor scenes to link them, so he can't just release the whole pack as it is, but he can start to release smaller chunks and force himself to connect them in proper order. I can totally see why in a moment of blocking he could have been editing 'already done' scenes to the point that what once was almost ready to go is now in a serious need of even more work to make it a whole, coherent thing again.
We'll see (hopefully).

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Since mine does exactly what it should be doing may I ask your setting for how many posts shown per page? Mine is 60, so if you have anything different your link version may not work correctly.
Mine, like the vast majority of people, is set to DEFAULT

Which is 20, BTW

So do not bother linking as long as you are using non-default settings
You will always be sending people wrong unless they have your particular same modified per page settings

Screen cap is your friend instead

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
I don't know where you took this idea that we should support their work since the start as if we were their mom or dad.
Even streamers on twitch, that are also supported by subscribers invest on their gear first.
They have to have a good pc, mic, camera, etc to be a good streamer and deliver good content. That means they invested some money on what they are willing to do.
So the streamers are the good one, because they invested in hardware.
A dev who payed for at least a new GPU, assets and the electricity on the other hand has to buy all that by himself.

Not speaking about one or two hour prepearing for a stream compared to hundreds of hours making a VN.

Sounds a little bit ... biased.

A dev that has delivered 2 hours+ playtime has shown that he is into that work.
At least if you look at daz VNs with good renders.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Mine, like the vast majority of people, is set to DEFAULT

Which is 20, BTW

So do not bother linking as long as you are using non-default settings
You will always be sending people wrong unless they have your particular same modified per page settings

Screen cap is your friend instead
Or he can link using the correct option, which is the share this post option, and is independent on the page which makes it independent on how many posts per page you have

https://f95zone.to/threads/wvm-v0-10-0-1-ditlo-harper-braindrop.35910/post-4032346

This is the post he is referring

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
you do realize that the patreons voted for longer updates and waiting for the dev to finish the update right?
when they were given the choice.
so.. your comment is .. stupid at it's best.
at least the part about the patreons...
also calling this dev a scammer is so .. siilly to put it in the nicest way...
but I guess people such as yourself and others who have posted here have nothing better to do.
carry on.
When BD asked that question he had, for the most part, been putting out 100-200 render updates every week so it was implied that, if he was moving to a 2-3 month cycle then we should be getting, at the absolute minimum 800 render updates every 2 months or, at the other end of the scale 2400 render updates every 3 months.

If he does in fact have a 2000 render update ready to go right now then that is, given the amount of time which has passed since the last update, approximately half the size the patrons should expect to recieve assuming he was consistently hitting 100 per week and potentially a quarter of it.

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021
When BD asked that question he had, for the most part, been putting out 100-200 render updates every week so it was implied that, if he was moving to a 2-3 month cycle then we should be getting, at the absolute minimum 800 render updates every 2 months or, at the other end of the scale 2400 render updates every 3 months.

If he does in fact have a 2000 render update ready to go right now then that is, given the amount of time which has passed since the last update, approximately half the size the patrons should expect to recieve assuming he was consistently hitting 100 per week and potentially a quarter of it.
He's backed himself into a corner with 2k render claim and just made the situation even worse.

Reactions: VOYEUR

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018

Thats true especially since we wont see the results of all his work on the Month 1 remake until it releases. Meaning most peiple will just accuse him of lying regardless of what we receive

Reactions: csmk14

Bacara

Aug 29, 2021

The whole point of the longer release time was because of a lot of changes in his personal life. But he also promised more content, if he releases this supposed 2k update in several parts he's breaking his original plan/promise.

Reactions: jjmayne

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
He's backed himself into a corner with 2k render claim and just made the situation even worse.
Which at this point would, had he continued at his former pace, be 8000 renders. Well, probably more like 6500-7000 since he used to miss the odd week now and then and not every weekly was on the upper end of the scale.

The issue I think many raised at the time was that when he had a bad week and didn't get much done he could make up for it the following week and put out a 250 render update which everyone was perfectly happy with. With a 2-3 month cycle there's far less ongoing accountability' he could have 6 bad weeks in a row, producing 500 renders in that time and have no way to produce something satisfying.

That was always the danger and people were pointing that out before he even put up the poll

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022

again talking from our behinds because I reckon that's the way people do it here
the pole in question was made at the end of january.
He was working on the current update.
and before this he wasn't dishing out 200-300 renders update, that was quite a bit of time ago.

• Angry
Reactions: MadMonk

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
Patrons behave!
I know it doesn't fit your guy's new echo chamber of negativity's narrative of me being the evil guy but the guy who said he was blocked for simply asking why I made DITLO was being a bit cheeky.

He had made multiple comments overnight while I slept and the one asking why I made it just so happened to be the last one he posted and I guess he thought it was why he got blocked but it wasn't.

Any patron of mine can attest that there are many negative comments on there about me right now that I haven't touched. They can criticize whatever about me I don't care. The only rule is to not compare me to others (Just because I don't want to put other devs down when it's my actions), and not to harass or argue with other patrons on either side.
I delete comments complaining about the complainers too.

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
I know it doesn't fit your guy's new echo chamber of negativity's narrative of me being the evil guy but the guy who said he was blocked for simply asking why I made DITLO was being a bit cheeky.

He had made multiple comments overnight while I slept and the one asking why I made it just so happened to be the last one he posted and I guess he thought it was why he got blocked but it wasn't.

Any patron of mine can attest that there are many negative comments on there about me right now that I haven't touched. They can criticize whatever about me I don't care. The only rule is to not compare me to others (Just because I don't want to put other devs down when it's my actions), and not to harass or argue with other patrons on either side.
I delete comments complaining about the complainers too.

This thread is a hilarious dumpster fire of bad takes and butthurt people and i'm just sitting on my couch enjoying the drama. Better than tv (I would have said sex but NOTHING is better than sex).

And BD keep on keeping on. Don't let the bastards grind you down and other platitudes of that order. Good luck with the rest of your game. I'm off to get more popcorn

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes