Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
Well, seeems like a lot of patreons didn't like the recent choices made by the dev, seen as he went from 3400 or so subs to 3050.

Maybe this will wake him up and make him stop delaying the release, and finally get an update in the game, not whatever that was of DITLO. I'm sure if asked he will say it was a success and that patreons loved it, but it had not much comments and likes in the post of patreon and now losing more than a hundred patreons maybe he won't be seeing it like that, but who knows.

Now if he was afraid of the release, he should be worse now, because after this many unsub patreons, if he didn't deliver what he promised again, I'm not sure it will just be a few hundreds that leave. It must be shocking to see that many leaving after releasing something, I'm sure if instead of the thing he released, it was the normal update that was promissed, finished and delayed for a long time now, he would not lose any patreon but instead gain more, but well let's see if he can deliver what he promises now, I'm not too optimistic but we will see.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
Well, seeems like a lot of patreons didn't like the recent choices made by the dev, seen as he went from 3400 or so subs to 3050.

Maybe this will wake him up and make him stop delaying the release, and finally get an update in the game, not whatever that was of DITLO. I'm sure if asked he will say it was a success and that patreons loved it, but it had not much comments and likes in the post of patreon and now losing more than a hundred patreons maybe he won't be seeing it like that, but who knows.

Now if he was afraid of the release, he should be worse now, because after this many unsub patreons, if he didn't deliver what he promised again, I'm not sure it will just be a few hundreds that leave. It must be shocking to see that many leaving after releasing something, I'm sure if instead of the thing he released, it was the normal update that was promissed, finished and delayed for a long time now, he would not lose any patreon but instead gain more, but well let's see if he can deliver what he promises now, I'm not too optimistic but we will see.
Nice try but thats not why he "lost" all those patrons, creators always losses a big chunk of patrons on the 1st of every month.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019

All devs lose patrons at the start of each month, when cancellations during the previous month and other payment issues are actually processed. Maybe we should wait a few days into June before jumping to conclussions

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Both the game in last several months and thread are this. I mean seriously? A side game is bad enough but censored???? Did the dev have a head injury to think anything censored is OK? That's like that Japanese shit. Censored is 100% unacceptable. Don't like Hentai/cartoon period but censored is over the top bad.
That was censored because we didn't see naked Harper in the main game yet.

Reactions: joshrip

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
All devs lose patrons at the start of each month, when cancellations during the previous month and other payment issues are actually processed. Maybe we should wait a few days into June before jumping to conclussions
If you look at the statistics though it's atypical in several ways; the drop in patrons started before the end of the month, which is not normal. Also it's the lowest it's been since November, and at the end of last month it was the lowest it's been since last June. Those are not healthy numbers.

Braindrop

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2019
If you look at the statistics though it's atypical in several ways; the drop in patrons started before the end of the month, which is not normal. Also it's the lowest it's been since November, and at the end of last month it was the lowest it's been since last June. Those are not healthy numbers.
I'm not one to focus on the numbers. I was a little concerned that I may drop a lot of patrons this month not because of the money or anything it just sucks to annoy those that support you.
All things considered I was shocked at how many stuck around because I'm the first one to admit that I've put them through some bullshit. I really expected to lose a lot more than just slightly more than normal. I guess most that wanted to leave already did before the month ended.

Contrary to what some in this thread believe. Losing patrons is not a motivating thing... at least not for me.
I know a lot want to believe I'm some evil guy trying to dupe all my supporters but the truth is that I'm not motivated by money. I paused a shit ton in the past and the only reason why I'm slower to do so now is because I have a wife and kid that I have to provide for and yes I am paid too much but I'm also spending a shit ton of time away from them to work on this and I don't control how much I make.
I try to be as transparent as possible and the truth is that this won't last forever. I have to get what what I can while I can.
But even so I've never marketed this game, never made deals with other devs to advertise me besides those that just asked if they could. I didn't put my game on steam mainly because it's being redone and I don't want to cash grab shit that's being changed. I've never asked for monetary support and I try to make it clear to all my patrons that they can leave at any time. They don't owe me anything.
Ffs I'm "active" on a pirate forum, that's pretty counter intuitive to the whole trying to dupe people part.
But anyway, people sticking around with me even after everything is the most motivating thing ever. It's cheesy as fuck but knowing others believe in me really helps get me through this.

It's up to me to hold up my side of things now.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
I'm not one to focus on the numbers. I was a little concerned that I may drop a lot of patrons this month not because of the money or anything it just sucks to annoy those that support you.
All things considered I was shocked at how many stuck around because I'm the first one to admit that I've put them through some bullshit. I really expected to lose a lot more than just slightly more than normal. I guess most that wanted to leave already did before the month ended.

Contrary to what some in this thread believe. Losing patrons is not a motivating thing... at least not for me.
I know a lot want to believe I'm some evil guy trying to dupe all my supporters but the truth is that I'm not motivated by money. I paused a shit ton in the past and the only reason why I'm slower to do so now is because I have a wife and kid that I have to provide for and yes I am paid too much but I'm also spending a shit ton of time away from them to work on this and I don't control how much I make.
I try to be as transparent as possible and the truth is that this won't last forever. I have to get what what I can while I can.
But even so I've never marketed this game, never made deals with other devs to advertise me besides those that just asked if they could. I didn't put my game on steam mainly because it's being redone and I don't want to cash grab shit that's being changed. I've never asked for monetary support and I try to make it clear to all my patrons that they can leave at any time. They don't owe me anything.
Ffs I'm "active" on a pirate forum, that's pretty counter intuitive to the whole trying to dupe people part.
But anyway, people sticking around with me even after everything is the most motivating thing ever. It's cheesy as fuck but knowing others believe in me really helps get me through this.

Amen to that keep up the good work i Love your game

Fanwin

Feb 7, 2021
It may be one of my favorite game I downloaded on this webside.

The renders are awesomes , the story is captivating and the characters are very interesting to follow. I stopped jacking off how much this game got me interested

I seriously need a girl like Jamie

Bravo to the dev

Awron

Apr 11, 2019

I can't speak for people who are paying to support the game, since I'm not one of them, I just think the game is good and you should take the time you need to be happy with what you release in a reasonable way, I like the game and I'm losing no money with you being late in updates etc, I feel a lot of people are forgetting there is a person behind the screen but they also have the right to be a bit angry if they have stakes in this whole thing.

Me personally though? I don't give a shit, I'll play some other dope games till there is enough updates to make getting back into WVM reasonable. Good luck with everything though, no point making a game you yourself aren't happy with after all, take the time needed to get back into it and then try and stick with it.

Words from a random guy who has never developed a game before but eh, I like the game so I wanna see and play more of the game. I hope you can clear your head and see the direction you wanna go, family comes first though, which is a given.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Yep... and a picture is worth a thousand words. I'm sure you've heard the expression. It seems supremely appropriate here.
I learned something new today... I thought it was actions are worth more then a thousand words but i guess its not lol..

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, but Actions Speak Louder Than Words

but I grew up with this one

An action is worth more than a thousand words

so here to learning something new undefined - Imgur.gif

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017

NGL I was on the verge of cancelling myself until you decided to push out smaller updates, holding everything back and keeping on tweaking it until it's perfect was such a terrible idea, it's never going to be perfect.

jackle420

Jan 26, 2021
I like the game, I think the story is great, but I have some things which I think give some negative points to the game as well as some things the dev can improve to make it more realistic. still I think maybe its just me having these problems and actually most people like it how it is a would change nothing.

---------------------------------There may be spoilers so be carefull

1. What's up with some characters not having shoes. I mean most sex scenes dont need them but in any other moment all characters should have shoes. For example when mc is punching ryker he does not have shoes but ryker does. It's like a minor detail that does not affect the story a lot but come on, it's an essential thing.

2. I think maybe you should have expanded more ryker arc, I mean making the mc do more things to find what raykers goal is and making the mc actually do something to stop it instead of just making ryker attack the charity event which I think is a great moment but could have done so much more before reaching that moment. Maybe the dev had his reasons, maybe time, money or any life event which caused him to do it that way, so this is more like a personal recommendation which I don't know if other people would agree with me.

3. THis is also a personal recommendation and maybe it's just a me thing. Like why after the fight the mc is shirtless almost all the time. It's just nonsense any person would do that for going to a lot of places. I'm not going to have a medical examination shirtless before entering the actual doctor's room. and adding that the mc should not be recognized for some time its just dumb to make him not wear a shirt showing his injuries when fans could probably guess after watching the videos of the fight that he is injured in some way.

4. Also a personal thing, maybe not everyone agrees with me. Why make it that mc does not help Damian in any way after the charity event. Like you make a mc which revolves around doing anything to protect his family at any cost and when someone else does that he decides to not help. like damian did what he did for a reason which I think a lot of people would also do even the mc if the right circumstances were made. Like at the end it was belle who decided to help because she heard the conversation. Again maybe it's just me and that does not affect other people's opinion of that aspect of the game.

5. Finally this is definitely a personal comment. Like what's up with some names and nicknames. Brubru really. also what's up with willow entering the room and insulting millie when she has a reason to lose her mind for what's happening involving her daughters, Don't get me wrong I still want the harem to keep growing but again, making it realistic in some way. I feel like an idiot saying the same thing but I don't want people insulting me when it's just a personal opinion which may be most people don't agree with me which in that case i will now my preferences are not the same as the game or the people intended to play this game in which case all this does not apply in any way to the making of the game.

And lastly this is purely my taste but why change the mc dick. The starting moments of the game were good. I know this contradicts what I said of making some moments realistic in the game so this is 2000% my personal preference about the mc dick jjajajajajajaj #bringthedonkeydickback

Sorry for the bad spelling, english is not my native language.

Last edited:

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
1. What's up with some characters not having shoes. I mean most sex scenes dont need them but in any other moment all characters should have shoes. For example when mc is punching rayker he does not have shoes but rayker does. It's like a minor detail that does not affect the story a lot but come on, it's an essential thing.
I can explain this one fairly easily, Ryker came from outside, the last place the MC was was a bowling alley where he was preparing to play a charity game. They had asked him to take off his shoes in the alley as they'd be given bowling shoes when the game started (iirc) and he hadn't been given them yet. So that's why he's not wearing shoes in that scene.

5. Finally this is definitely a personal comment. Like what's up with some names and nicknames. Brubru really. also what's up with willow entering the room and insulting millie when she has a reason to lose her mind for what's happening involving her daughters, Don't get me wrong I still want the harem to keep growing but again, making it realistic in some way. I feel like an idiot saying the same thing but I don't want people insulting me when it's just a personal opinion which may be most people don't agree with me which in that case i will now my preferences are not the same as the game or the people intended to play this game in which case all this does not apply in any way to the making of the game.
The Cedey/Bru-Bru thing is because they were the pair's nicknames for each other during childhood and they have only recently reunited after literal years apart. It's not unreasonable for them to still be using childhood nicknames as it has been less than a week since they realised who they were to each other again.

Reactions: EJW

Awron

Apr 11, 2019
From what I am seeing the only girl interested in doing something with others is Bailey
Well Rainn was stated to be Bi in the character card too, Bailey wasn't and I'm pretty sure if you don't want Bailey to do anything with Rainn you have a choice to dissuade anything between them, although I don't think you can get any scene with Rainn in the future without her being with Bailey, as Rainn likes Bailey.

I kinda hope you can get with Rainn without telling Bailey to share, I want it to be an MC focused relationship, dissuade Bailey from exploring her feelings for Rainn and still be able to slowly get Rainn interested in you over Bailey? It sounds far-fetched I know but it'd give people that option I guess and still keep one of the fan favorites available for those who don't like sharing even with women.

We've had a few options in sex scenes I think where you can choose to have them focus on you and not on each other so I dunno if the Dev is already perhaps planning something like that?

This is pure speculation and opinion, it'd just be nice to have that option, maybe if you don't mind Bailey and Rainn being together whilst being with you as well, you can get early Rainn scenes and if not it's more of a slow burn with Rainn? Just brainstorming.

It's more work but it'd probably make more people happy to have the option.

jackle420

Jan 26, 2021
I can explain this one fairly easily, Ryker came from outside, the last place the MC was was a bowling alley where he was preparing to play a charity game. They had asked him to take off his shoes in the alley as they'd be given bowling shoes when the game started (iirc) and he hadn't been given them yet. So that's why he's not wearing shoes in that scene.

The Cedey/Bru-Bru thing is because they were the pair's nicknames for each other during childhood and they have only recently reunited after literal years apart. It's not unreasonable for them to still be using childhood nicknames as it has been less than a week since they realised who they were to each other again.
1.I mean there are other parts throughout the game where some characters don't have shoes so I meant that as an example but still now that you explained that part it makes sense, I maybe flew past those lines but with that explanation it makes me understand why the mc had no shoes in that moment. That was basically the first moment that came to me regarding the shoes so now at least that moment makes total sense to me, thanks.

2. thanks I just think those are like weird nicknames and kind of silly but it's just me. but now when you put it that way it makes sense they still refer to each other that way.

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
1.I mean there are other parts throughout the game where some characters don't have shoes so I meant that as an example but still now that you explained that part it makes sense, I maybe flew past those lines but with that explanation it makes me understand why the mc had no shoes in that moment. That was basically the first moment that came to me regarding the shoes so now at least that moment makes total sense to me, thanks.
Well, a long time ago, way earlier in the development, someone complained that a character was barefoot in a scene that the commentor thought shoudn't be barefoot and the dev thought the comment so silly and without purpose that he decided to just make characters barefoot whenever he can. And just like the incest tease, the more people complain the more he does it.
I kinda hope you can get with Rainn without telling Bailey to share, I want it to be an MC focused relationship, dissuade Bailey from exploring her feelings for Rainn and still be able to slowly get Rainn interested in you over Bailey? It sounds far-fetched I know but it'd give people that option I guess and still keep one of the fan favorites available for those who don't like sharing even with women.
The dev has confirmed that you will be able to get with Rainn after telling Bailey not to pursue the relationship, it will just take longer story-wise.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes