Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
Any news on this game. i jus come back been playing other games
Ive dug through pages of posts looking for updates my understanding is someone passed away that was devs charge? (aka he was taking care of them) I could be wrong but this is one of the few games I enjoy when I have the time if I can ever remember my laptop I usually replay this and a few others when I am deployed.

Reactions: kcaldw and Sk1tz

Sk1tz

Nov 9, 2021
Ive dug through pages of posts looking for updates my understanding is someone passed away that was devs charge? (aka he was taking care of them) I could be wrong but this is one of the few games I enjoy when I have the time if I can ever remember my laptop I usually replay this and a few others when I am deployed.
Thanks for the reply back and i did hear about someone passing. plus i have seen alot fake news about WVM. i jus wanna know if the game is still in the works.

Reactions: Plaguerave

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
Any news on this game. i jus come back been playing other games
There is an update of sorts though depending on your definition of update it may not be an update at all.

It's a side story update essentially hence DITLO - "Day in the life of". An update to the main game hasn't happened in quite a while. You are probably better off playing the other games for now if that's what you're currently doing in the meantime.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Ergo_proxy I disagree with you on the story aspect, myself. There are a lot of plot threads. Some of them have been tied up at this point, but that's very recent, so there's time to develop more:

MC's childhood trauma and missing family - Yes, the family is back, but that doesn't mean the story wasn't there, and it doesn't mean there won't be further impact on what's to come. Additionally this added the thing in about Willow/Cedar's childhood friend that we're trying to reunite her with.
Charles/Riker/Damien/Fight - Again, what we've seen of this makes it seem like it's tied up, and done with, and it may be, but again, there was definite story there. Antagonism, betrayal, shady dealings, action, those are all story elements for sure. And we *still* don't know for sure what happened to Riker, Bella only *thinks* Riker's boss will leave everyone alone, I'm not 100% convinced we're done seeing Damien or Kenji (given that he's the brother of one of the girls), or even Charles could come back - it's not like he was killed off.
Penny/Shauna - Dealing with their pasts with the bullying and such, while it hasn't played a major role, still has some potential to create drama.
Jamie/Her Sister/Her Mom - That's definitely *not* tied up, and a big hurdle for the MC to overcome.
Rainne/Bailey - Their relationship is still very much potentially a source of drama or could provide obstacles for the MC to overcome.
School Scandal and Staff Love interests - There *still* has been no in game development to keep the previous scandal with the school's staff from blocking the MC's path to the LIs that are staff.
Basketball - It *is* there in the background. Between the pressure on Harper to succeed, their problems keeping team members, the star MC being unable to play in their first game, and other factors there are certainly elements of sports drama.

I could go on. That's all story. Some of it seems wrapped up, but even if it is, not only did that occur very recently game-time wise, that doesn't mean new elements can't be added, and it doesn't eliminate what's already happened. Now, if someone were to say "there are too many story threads thrown at the players at once, and so none of them are developed in depth" I could see where they're coming from. I might point out that there's still a lot of game left to be developed, but I'd see their point.

You are more than welcome to like this game or dislike it (I know you said you like it, I added the second part to be inclusive to people who don't), for whichever elements appeal or don't. I am, however, going to say your claim of "there is no story" is inaccurate.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
PrimeGuy, you made some very good points that I absolutely agree with as well. However, I have to make one small comment: Kenji was hit or run over at the bowling event and I think it's safe to assume that his leg is at least broken. I did some research, chances are that - given that it is only a simple fracture and there are no complications - he will need 3-4 months to recover. If his leg should be able to heal normally and he still has interest to ever play basketball again, then it can become about 6 months. So at least on his own, Kenji should not become a safety risk for MC. However, stairs should still be the preferred choice for MC.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
PrimeGuy, you made some very good points that I absolutely agree with as well. However, I have to make one small comment: Kenji was hit or run over at the bowling event and I think it's safe to assume that his leg is at least broken. I did some research, chances are that - given that it is only a simple fracture and there are no complications - he will need 3-4 months to recover. If his leg should be able to heal normally and he still has interest to ever play basketball again, then it can become about 6 months. So at least on his own, Kenji should not become a safety risk for MC. However, stairs should still be the preferred choice for MC.
Wasn't Riker the one hit by the car? Either way the final fate of those characters is still a story element hanging over the MC's head, potentially. If he finds out one of them is crippled for life, or died, even if they can't mess with him anymore, that will have an impact on the story going forward. I didn't mean to imply that any of the people involved in the fight might become violent again, necessarily, just that they can still have an impact on the story.

Edit: No, I remember now, Riker was on the ground being beaten to a pulp. Wendy likely did hit Kenji like you said (I only say likely because I can't remember myself, and don't feel like going back to see).

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Exactly. Kenji was screaming about his leg. Since it was also said later that everyone should be stable, it can be assumed that Kenji will survive. This cannot be said for his sports career. In the best case his leg will recover completely, but thanks to this night, if it becomes known what he was involved in, he won't have a leg to stand on in professional sports (Pun intended). Worst case scenario, his leg will not be able to support him and may even be permanently stiffened, so either walker, pitchers or wheelchair if he is unlucky. I knew someone who had an accident and fell off his bike and hit the curb with his knee, if I'm not mistaken. Consequence: other problems followed and the knee will never work properly.I'm not a doctor and I don't know what Kenji's path will look like, but he definitely has an interesting time ahead of him.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Exactly. Kenji was screaming about his leg. Since it was also said later that everyone should be stable, it can be assumed that Kenji will survive. This cannot be said for his sports career. In the best case his leg will recover completely, but thanks to this night, if it becomes known what he was involved in, he won't have a leg to stand on in professional sports (Pun intended). Worst case scenario, his leg will not be able to support him and may even be permanently stiffened, so either walker, pitchers or wheelchair if he is unlucky. I knew someone who had an accident and fell off his bike and hit the curb with his knee, if I'm not mistaken. Consequence: other problems followed and the knee will never work properly.I'm not a doctor and I don't know what Kenji's path will look like, but he definitely has an interesting time ahead of him.
Still, he could be trouble even so. Being related to Kimmi, he could, for example, catch the MC and Kimmi somewhere after they start a relationship, take photos, and take photos of her doing maid stuff, and send something to social media about how the MC forces her to be his sex maid. Could be very damaging, even though it's not true, especially because of his relationship with Kimmi.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Quite possible, though I have my doubts: Kenji was never one known for subtlety. Sure, he played the good teammate for a while, but his own temperament and ego revealed pretty early on that he's a pretty obvious ass, see Ethan's injury in training.

If such a photo story should happen, then I see Ryker's former boss in the forefront as far as the villains of the plot are concerned, in the direction of: We have lewd pictures of your girlfriend XY and you, don't get in the way, then these pictures will never come to light and ruin her future career.

I think such an approach would be much more promising, since Ethan is already known for his unusual love life in the media, it would definitely do more damage than another: "Oh, Ethan has another girlfriend. What a surprise, I have another one: Water is wet."

But seriously, Ethan has already shown that it only gets under his skin when:
His family...
Or else people close to him (his girlfriends, Coach Harper) get into trouble.

In that respect, I have another idea for a scenario of how Ethan could be threatened with pictures: The Bailey-Rainn situation. I had expressed in the past that one of the reasons Bailey is making Rainn squirm so much, even if Ethan is ok with the love triangle, could be that Bailey's parents are probably pretty conservative, especially when it comes to relationships. Should that be the case probably even worse than Jamie and Elizabeth's mother, who is already quite a pain in the ass as it is. Now let's imagine a three-way date with Rainn, Bailey and Ethan, as it is usual there is kissing from time to time, that is photographed from a safe distance and at some point Ethan gets an anonymous call: Do XY (like: Lose the game on purpose) or the parents of your girlfriend get to see the pictures and disown their daughter.

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
Idk if it been said but next update will it be the main game or another mini game and hos long from now?
That is the million dollar question. The answer is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle, surrounded by a mystery, buried in a peat bog for a thousand years dug up again and sold as firelighters to the rich. (In other words no-one knows)

Last edited:

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
Ergo_proxy I disagree with you on the story aspect, myself. There are a lot of plot threads. Some of them have been tied up at this point, but that's very recent, so there's time to develop more:

MC's childhood trauma and missing family - Yes, the family is back, but that doesn't mean the story wasn't there, and it doesn't mean there won't be further impact on what's to come. Additionally this added the thing in about Willow/Cedar's childhood friend that we're trying to reunite her with.
Charles/Riker/Damien/Fight - Again, what we've seen of this makes it seem like it's tied up, and done with, and it may be, but again, there was definite story there. Antagonism, betrayal, shady dealings, action, those are all story elements for sure. And we *still* don't know for sure what happened to Riker, Bella only *thinks* Riker's boss will leave everyone alone, I'm not 100% convinced we're done seeing Damien or Kenji (given that he's the brother of one of the girls), or even Charles could come back - it's not like he was killed off.
Penny/Shauna - Dealing with their pasts with the bullying and such, while it hasn't played a major role, still has some potential to create drama.
Jamie/Her Sister/Her Mom - That's definitely *not* tied up, and a big hurdle for the MC to overcome.
Rainne/Bailey - Their relationship is still very much potentially a source of drama or could provide obstacles for the MC to overcome.
School Scandal and Staff Love interests - There *still* has been no in game development to keep the previous scandal with the school's staff from blocking the MC's path to the LIs that are staff.
Basketball - It *is* there in the background. Between the pressure on Harper to succeed, their problems keeping team members, the star MC being unable to play in their first game, and other factors there are certainly elements of sports drama.

I could go on. That's all story. Some of it seems wrapped up, but even if it is, not only did that occur very recently game-time wise, that doesn't mean new elements can't be added, and it doesn't eliminate what's already happened. Now, if someone were to say "there are too many story threads thrown at the players at once, and so none of them are developed in depth" I could see where they're coming from. I might point out that there's still a lot of game left to be developed, but I'd see their point.

You are more than welcome to like this game or dislike it (I know you said you like it, I added the second part to be inclusive to people who don't), for whichever elements appeal or don't. I am, however, going to say your claim of "there is no story" is inaccurate.
fair enough though some of your points are fairly misleading and or like I listed loose plot threads but that's a decent summary from another person's perspective I appreciate the candid response.

hazyfire

Sep 11, 2018
The Dev said on May 31st that he planned to have several updates to the main game coming very soon with at least the first one being in June.
The exact wording was "So my plan is to start smaller with the first chunked release. I'm not giving out exact sizes or dates for these yet but it will be soon. I plan on having 2-3 releases in June and I want the whole update out by the end of July or early August."

But I guess hoping for that would be a bit naive :-(

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
The exact wording was "So my plan is to start smaller with the first chunked release. I'm not giving out exact sizes or dates for these yet but it will be soon. I plan on having 2-3 releases in June and I want the whole update out by the end of July or early August."

But I guess hoping for that would be a bit naive :-(
Yeah, 2-3 releases on June by this time is too ambitious. Lets hope we get 1

MrJP1974

Dec 19, 2019
This is really sad… thought after he kept the promises in May that he would be more Informative again and really start to release the update… I mean 2 updates could be out in June (15. 30.) but I think there will be nothing in this month again.

Have a nice summer everybody

Lazarus1453

Mar 14, 2021
This is really sad… thought after he kept the promises in May that he would be more Informative again and really start to release the update… I mean 2 updates could be out in June (15. 30.) but I think there will be nothing in this month again.

Have a nice summer everybody
Around summer last year, he kept making promises about the release and delaying it.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes