EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
BD

"The room that I said I was changing in the last post was the locker room and there was a saucy scene in there for this update so I had to redo a lot of animation work.

Since I made these animations nearly 10 months ago they weren't as good as later ones so I was pretty happy to redo them.
The second scene in this update had better animations but I decided to go ahead and change some of them up and I added a few smaller things to beef up the scenes a bit.

I'm still feeling good, no mental battles as of late. And I still plan on dropping both within the next 10 days. The second may slip into the first days of July but that's all."

found that in the discord
If that's true, great. I'm still not optimistic. Even then of course he says two updates in June, but now one "may slip into July". :rolleyes:

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
Recently (in December) I lost my twin sister to covid, the one person in my entire family I was close to outside of my mother (my twin sister and I were both taking care of her because she has Multiple Sclerosis and was difficult to deal with alone plus she wasn't ready to be with our siblings who none of us are particularly close to) and it the loss of my sister still very much affects me to this day to the point where I find it hard to do and enjoy the things I once found solace in. Loss can affect folks differently depending on the bond and closeness for the individuals and no one here knows BD personally to say if he's "faking or not". It's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and taunt/belittle from the shadows because there's very little consequence but shit matters, especially to the person you punch down on. BD is still a person and a human being so be mindful of that, being a Patreon is not grounds to be a dick to someone.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I'm already fine with the idea this never gets finished as BD can't beat my idea of the best ending anyway. In my end the MC gets an achilles injury or something and is forced to retire from basketball and ends up as an Al Bundy except with 18 kids.
That hypothetical ending is precisely why I wanted a no-preg route :p

FatherTime-63

Dec 23, 2019
Does anyone know if Vegas is taking odds on Games that will never get updated and/or games that will only be updated to prevent the Abandoned Tag? Cause this is looking vaguely like Milfy City - I supported BD for over a year - but dropped support in January - There is no need for him to continue with updates until the numbers change or the abandoned tag comes up.

At some point - you just wish devs would A) ask for assistance - or B) pass over design and keep creative ownership - maybe C) just pass the game to public

I'll check back around July/August - see what updates are promised and what good humor this thread provides

BD - if you read this - good luck and I hope you make a comeback to a regular schedule

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Well the patreons are funding the whole game development from the beginning. He is doing this full time since he's making 100k+/year with 3000+ Patreon/supporters pledging.
After the game is complete, he's free to profit from it while also getting free funds while making it. You supporters will get whatever each tier gets. Virtual stuff.
If devs were getting 1-2 grand a month, it'd not have been such an issue. There's simply no incentive for a dev to work hard on his project where supporters have 0 stake on the project. They can work at their own pace with zero liability. This is a fraudulent model of game development no matter how you look at it. The game developer doesn't take money for renders, they take money for their time which is take them for their word.
So I don't blame the devs for taking time to do their work. Their behavior is enabled by this fraudulent model of supporting where they are able to get a lot of money for their time.
This is something everyone who supports a developer in this community should be more concerned about. This model is not good for supporters, it's extremely skewed in favor of developers.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Well the patreons are funding the whole game development from the beginning. He is doing this full time since he's making 100k+/year with 3000+ Patreon/supporters pledging.
After the game is complete, he's free to profit from it while also getting free funds while making it. You supporters will get whatever each tier gets. Virtual stuff.
If devs were getting 1-2 grand a month, it'd not have been such an issue. There's simply no incentive for a dev to work hard on his project where supporters have 0 stake on the project. They can work at their own pace with zero liability. This is a fraudulent model of game development no matter how you look at it. The game developer doesn't take money for renders, they take money for their time which is take them for their word.
So I don't blame the devs for taking time to do their work. Their behavior is enabled by this fraudulent model of supporting where they are able to get a lot of money for their time.
This is something everyone who supports a developer in this community should be more concerned about. This model is not good for supporters, it's extremely skewed in favor of developers.
Die young being a good developer, or live long enough to become an ICSTOR

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Well the last time I was able to see the total amount pledge to patreon it was around 60k a month. Unless the total is yearly and not monthly. That being said I can see why people may believe he is milking the money from his supporters. As even if his defenders come to his defense and say he pause the pledges. Yes he does but as I said if the total is figured monthly. It would take one month pledge to make him 60k. That is more than a lot of people make for the whole year. So yeah even if he pause the pledges for 10 month out of the year that is 120k before patreon take their cut and what not. I am not saying BD is milking his supporters and even if he is. That's between him and the supporters. It's their money, if they want to give it away to him with nothing to show for 6, 7, 8 months all the way to years at a time. More power to them. I can't understand it myself because a update that he has say should only has a few days of work to be done. Yet the release keeps getting delayed by months now. I can understand having a tough year but when it becomes one reason after another. It starts to feel like useless excuses.

That being said is why I think it would be a better policy to just say the update will be out when its done and nothing more. Explain the reasons to your patreon supporter. They are the ones that need to be keep happy, so they keep supporting. Which BD must be doing cause he has 3,500 supporters still. That or they have the money to keep supporting him without worry of seeing results. All the posting about the update is almost finished and will be out the next week or so only to be delayed several times. Does is upsets people and make BD's word worthless in my opinion. It will probably start costing him supporter and stop others from starting a pledge.

Reactions: G2299

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Well the last time I was able to see the total amount pledge to patreon it was around 60k a month. Unless the total is yearly and not monthly. That being said I can see why people may believe he is milking the money from his supporters. As even if his defenders come to his defense and say he pause the pledges. Yes he does but as I said if the total is figured monthly. It would take one month pledge to make him 60k. That is more than a lot of people make for the whole year. So yeah even if he pause the pledges for 10 month out of the year that is 120k before patreon take their cut and what not. I am not saying BD is milking his supporters and even if he is. That's between him and the supporters. It's their money, if they want to give it away to him with nothing to show for 6, 7, 8 months all the way to years at a time. More power to them. I can't understand it myself because a update that he has say should only has a few days of work to be done. Yet the release keeps getting delayed by months now. I can understand having a tough year but when it becomes one reason after another. It starts to feel like useless excuses.

That being said is why I think it would be a better policy to just say the update will be out when its done and nothing more. Explain the reasons to your patreon supporter. They are the ones that need to be keep happy, so they keep supporting. Which BD must be doing cause he has 3,500 supporters still. That or they have the money to keep supporting him without worry of seeing results. All the posting about the update is almost finished and will be out the next week or so only to be delayed several times. Does is upsets people and make BD's word worthless in my opinion. It will probably start costing him supporter and stop others from starting a pledge.
He never went beyond $23k monthly

Reactions: Asmodeus34

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
He never went beyond $23k monthly
Okay might of mix his patreon with another developer but I knew it was still in the double figures a month and 20k ish give or take still quite a bit. So my point still stand that in a couple of months he was making what a lot of people are for a whole year.

Reactions: kcaldw

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Which is $276,000 per year.
Wow, you sir really are good at Maths! :KEK:

From that money we should detract the months he paused pledges and the Patreon fees, so he actually earned way less than that. Also, that was at his peak, nowadays he is probably getting even less. Still, I'm not denying he is a successful dev and is well paid, no question about it. Just not so well paid as some people seem to think.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Whatever he or other top developer makes, they're making it for their time to make renders and then the whole product. It's like lawyers charging for their time but with zero transparency. And they're not making it from some big donors pledging the most. It's a lot of people crowdfunding for something none of the supporters have any financial stake in an actual product. It would have been one thing if every supporter gets a certain service for the money they're pledging every month like a netflix or youtube tv. You can pledge money for a year then the developer can bolt without delivering anything. Or use fraudulent tactics to slow down the development enough to not entirely piss off their supporters. There's a lot of money that's being transferred here without any transparency.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Which is $276,000 per year.
That would be true if he was charging his current patreons every month. If that was the case, then he should have had this update out by then. Patreon is a business. WVM is a business. BrainDrop is making a game. People are not paying Braindrop to get married or go on vacation or have mental breakdowns, they are paying or giving him money to make a game. If he didn't care about money like he says, he would not need a patreon account to accept money. But he wants to do this instead of working a job that most people do across the world to support their families.

But I think he would end up losing his patreon support if he kept making promises and then providing an excuse for a delay. So I think he pauses his patreon to keep those supporters on the page. So when he needs a quick payday check, he turns it on and provides an excuse that he has been working the month prior or redoing animations that he did 10 months ago.

Interesting that one of his discord messages says he made some animations like 10 months ago but yet no one has seen this but he feels he needs to re do them????

At the moment, I don't see this being completed. It will most likely get abandoned. Braindrop can't keep his promises. It is almost July. Today is the 22nd. I don't see two updates, not even one yet. All I see is excuses to why the game is delayed or not out yet. This has been going on for months.

Also I was a past supporter but at that time, he was on the ball, he was making timely updates. Now it's whenever? Part of me wants this game to be successful and to be completed but contrary to that. I can't blindly believe, because his lack of actions or excuses have surmounted to a landfill of delays. Now from a business perspective it would be unacceptable.

I would like to eat my words by Braindrop to start providing updates and making the game, but until that happens, I don't think my opinion is going to change any time soon.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes