moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Whatever he or other top developer makes, they're making it for their time to make renders and then the whole product. It's like lawyers charging for their time but with zero transparency. And they're not making it from some big donors pledging the most. It's a lot of people crowdfunding for something none of the supporters have any financial stake in an actual product. It would have been one thing if every supporter gets a certain service for the money they're pledging every month like a netflix or youtube tv. You can pledge money for a year then the developer can bolt without delivering anything. Or use fraudulent tactics to slow down the development enough to not entirely piss off their supporters. There's a lot of money that's being transferred here without any transparency.
That's debatable, really. People support a game developer for many different reasons. Getting updates is just one of them. Some people pay because they actually care for the dev and trust his word when he says he is struggling, others pay for the work he has already done so far, and others just don't even care since it's peanuts money for them. Of course, if you subscribe only because you are convinced by his promise of a future update, and you don't get that update, you have all the right to cancel your pledge and accuse him of 'false advertisement' or whatever, but even then you won't be really able to do anything else since Patreon model means that you are not buying a future work but supporting the creation and getting some perks in exchange, and he has indeed created something and his patrons receive what he promised on his tier list: access to his discord server, to his mind-drops, to his polls, and also to the game - when released. After all these months without a proper update, I honestly find it hard to understand why 3.4k people are still supporting him monthly, but that's just a testimony of the quality of the game and how he was able to build trust precisely by not taking people's money when he didn't deliver. He always sounded sincere and he did as he promised, so now there are a lot of people who are still willing to believe this is just a temporary block. And the fact is none of us can really prove he's being dishonest and not working on his game. So everyone has to judge by themselves if he's worth their money and act accordingly. And many people still think it's worth it, even when confronted with the same facts that lead other people to call him a milker and a fraud.

Everything is way more complex than people tend to express in this forum.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
well its easy for us freebies to complain, and yeah he makes 10x more a month then me in an entire year. with all the bad stuff happening each time he is near a release, setting his word back even further.

but lets not forget, us here on this site get updates for free, someone in there releases it for us on their own accord, if they see all these complains they might deside not to give us a free update.

and lets not forget, the reason why peaple complain is becouse so far he gave us a story we enjoy playing, otherwise there would be no reason to complain, if the product he releases was bad then yall would have moved on by now, not even looking back.

so yall need to butt out, and merely be patient, even if nothing happens.
As for me, once WVM hits steam, ill still end up buying it (Just like Being a Dik) for i enjoy the story.

Greetings Riggnarock

riotwaffle

Feb 3, 2020
That's debatable, really. People support a game developer for many different reasons. Getting updates is just one of them. Some people pay because they actually care for the dev and trust his word when he says he is struggling, others pay for the work he has already done so far, and others just don't even care since it's peanuts money for them. Of course, if you subscribe only because you are convinced by his promise of a future update, and you don't get that update, you have all the right to cancel your pledge and accuse him of 'false advertisement' or whatever, but even then you won't be really able to do anything else since Patreon model means that you are not buying a future work but supporting the creation and getting some perks in exchange, and he has indeed created something and his patrons receive what he promised on his tier list: access to his discord server, to his mind-drops, to his polls, and also to the game - when released. After all these months without a proper update, I honestly find it hard to understand why 3.4k people are still supporting him monthly, but that's just a testimony of the quality of the game and how he was able to build trust precisely by not taking people's money when he didn't deliver. He always sounded sincere and he did as he promised, so now there are a lot of people who are still willing to believe this is just a temporary block. And the fact is none of us can really prove he's being dishonest and not working on his game. So everyone has to judge by themselves if he's worth their money and act accordingly. And many people still think it's worth it, even when confronted with the same facts that lead other people to call him a milker and a fraud.

Everything is way more complex than people tend to express in this forum.
Yandere Dev, people WILL follow blindly for a PROMISE. So there is nothing you can do, but wait and see it unfold.

Tsubasa96

Jan 24, 2022
Is it worth playing this game ? Looking for good games like foot of the mountais & Being a Dik but it seems this one is abandonned so I don't know if it worth time to play it

Reactions: datfcknhunter

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well the last time I was able to see the total amount pledge to patreon it was around 60k a month. Unless the total is yearly and not monthly. That being said I can see why people may believe he is milking the money from his supporters. As even if his defenders come to his defense and say he pause the pledges. Yes he does but as I said if the total is figured monthly. It would take one month pledge to make him 60k. That is more than a lot of people make for the whole year. So yeah even if he pause the pledges for 10 month out of the year that is 120k before patreon take their cut and what not.
You do realise that for a dev with around 3000-3500 patrons to be making 60K per month
all of his patrons must pledge 17-20$,right?There was no such dev ever.
BTW I am afraid you must check your eyes.
The best Braindrop ever reached was 22-23K.But around that time he was pausing his page each month.

Reactions: Asmodeus34

crabshank

Jul 5, 2020
i mean hear me out as a patron and fan at this point i really just dont get it not gonna dog pile or even agree but yeah,its kinda a problem i hope he just goes strong after this lengthy hiccup

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
well its easy for us freebies to complain, and yeah he makes 10x more a month then me in an entire year. with all the bad stuff happening each time he is near a release, setting his word back even further.

but lets not forget, us here on this site get updates for free, someone in there releases it for us on their own accord, if they see all these complains they might deside not to give us a free update.

and lets not forget, the reason why peaple complain is becouse so far he gave us a story we enjoy playing, otherwise there would be no reason to complain, if the product he releases was bad then yall would have moved on by now, not even looking back.

so yall need to butt out, and merely be patient, even if nothing happens.
As for me, once WVM hits steam, ill still end up buying it (Just like Being a Dik) for i enjoy the story.

Greetings Riggnarock
This site is a popular community for reaching the devs audience. A dev won't reach the same amount of people if they don't have a popular medium to spread the word. It's free advertising here despite most of them releasing on patreon or discord only.

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018
With the words of BD from last evening (European time) on discord
„This update is technically those first 2 chunks I had planned.“

Only if anybody wants to know….

At this point I just wanna see something. I don't care if that's the promised 2-3 updates, '2-chunks' big one update, anything.
It's been so long that I'm not even frustated anymore, just... disappointed?

On the other hand, If he's gonna end up releasing those small updates at the rate of his normal development speed, then what was the point of all of that...

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
This site is a popular community for reaching the devs audience. A dev won't reach the same amount of people if they don't have a popular medium to spread the word. It's free advertising here despite most of them releasing on patreon or discord only.
if that wer true then peaple wouldnt be banned from those discords becouse they ilegaly sharing those files here.
or did ya think this isnt a pirate website?
yes, some creators themselfs share files their games here, as to see what peaple think about it, but alot of them don't and i heard peaple get banned from their discord servers becouse they wer sharing them here without the owners consent

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

At this point I just wanna see something. I don't care if that's the promised 2-3 updates, '2-chunks' big one update, anything.
It's been so long that I'm not even frustated anymore, just... disappointed?

On the other hand, If he's gonna end up releasing those small updates at the rate of his normal development speed, then what was the point of all of that...
Bo Dallas Bolieve GIF - Bo Dallas Bolieve GIFs

..maybe :KEK:

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
Don't know if this has been asked before but, is the DITLO Harper part of the "reworked" Storyline cause it seems to have several discrepancies not following what is in the game so far.

Natalie had her first date in the second Charles home theatre room, plus Harper was in the house.
Several kisses almost all accompanied by look away Mom.
The introduction of Katie.
It may have been a while since my last play through, but I'm pretty sure DITLO Harper is not following the original storyline, so I guess this is a long winded way of asking if it is part of the new extended timeline, first week becomes more like first month?

Reactions: G2299

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Don't know if this has been asked before but, is the DITLO Harper part of the "reworked" Storyline cause it seems to have several discrepancies not following what is in the game so far.

Natalie had her first date in the second Charles home theatre room, plus Harper was in the house.
Several kisses almost all accompanied by look away Mom.
The introduction of Katie.
It may have been a while since my last play through, but I'm pretty sure DITLO Harper is not following the original storyline, so I guess this is a long winded way of asking if it is part of the new extended timeline, first week becomes more like first month?
Basically, all future content/updates (inlcuding DITLO) will follow the reworked storyline. Obviously some parts won't make much sense due to the rework yet to be released. But it's better this than following the old storyline only for it to be reworked - aka making more work for BD.

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes