EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
What confuses me, was... did he not have the update done in like December of last year? Was he not handing out beta versions to testers? Where is that update?

I get life happened in the last six months... But, where does this 1, 2, 3 chunk updates come from? How is there still stuff being done when the supposed update was being beta tested for full release in January? Fine, he wanted to rework scenes in this update, but that still doesn't add up to what was happening in Nov-Dec. last year when the update was "done" at that point.

I'll admit I'm not one of his patrons. What gets me the most about this isn't that I'm not getting a free game, it's the lack of commitment on what he says versus what he does. If I was a patron, just on that alone I would pull my pledge and that's the only reason I haven't pledged yet.

I hope BD pulls through, and I look like an ass, but I'm cynical by nature.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
What confuses me, was... did he not have the update done in like December of last year? Was he not handing out beta versions to testers? Where is that update?

I get life happened in the last six months... But, where does this 1, 2, 3 chunk updates come from? How is there still stuff being done when the supposed update was being beta tested for full release in January? Fine, he wanted to rework scenes in this update, but that still doesn't add up to what was happening in Nov-Dec. last year when the update was "done" at that point.

I'll admit I'm not one of his patrons. What gets me the most about this isn't that I'm not getting a free game, it's the lack of commitment on what he says versus what he does. If I was a patron, just on that alone I would pull my pledge and that's the only reason I haven't pledged yet.

It's 50/50 between BD being paralysed by a combination of self-doubt and perfectionism and being a bullshit artist

Obviously we'd all prefer to believe the former but increasingly it seems like it may be the latter :(

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
I'd love to be wrong on this, but experience shows that BD is not very careful about the truth.
Name one time BD has come close to keeping his word on the vaporware?
In the beginning when this VN first came out he was putting out updates every 2 weeks like clockwork. He did this for almost a year, so I'm not sure what you are trying to imply with your statement there.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
In the beginning when this VN first came out he was putting out updates every 2 weeks like clockwork. He did this for almost a year, so I'm not sure what you are trying to imply with your statement there.
It was weekly, not every other week (there was the odd missed week when things went wrong which is totally understandable)

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
What's funny is I said he'd end up in this situation back then because no one can do that grind and keep it going for long, and I was sadly right. Now, he's reached a point where he doesn't even want to release updates either out of fear or he just no longer wants to make the game, but the money is too much for him to abandon it.

I think the all around biggest issue is that he kept adding and adding and adding in terms of cast and that's shot him in the foot as he's now written/rendered himself into a corner that he can't get out of as he's now stuck having to spend even more time trying to figure out which girls to focus on, which girls not to, when not to have the focus on the girls. Also, when there's 20 or so to have to go through as secondary/main LI's, that begins to make things impossible to work with on a creative level.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021

Yo

I have a few things to share about how things have been going on my end but first let me apologize for not posting or even reading comments as of late.
It's been a bit of a frustrating month. I've finally started to get my mental right and things have honestly been good on that end but I've been struggling with a few things work wise.
I've definitely been trying to keep my mental good, which is a big reason why I've disappeared a bit recently. I know a lot of you are fed up with everything and I understand that but it's not the best thing for me to get sucked into right now by reading it all and whatever so I've just been silently grinding away at it.
Anyway, I just want to explain why things got held up and also give a release date.

Positives first,
There will be a release on June 29th.
And Birthday renders for June will be posted on the 30th.

Okay, now let me explain what's up.
I set out this month to hopefully release all of Day 32.
My initial plan was 3 chunks of update for it, with the first one being the shortest. I knew I'd have the first two out this month but was optimistic about the rest. After looking it over I decided I was comfortable combining the first 2 chunks into 1 chunk.
I have known for a while that I have reworked the locker room. Which made me have to redo a scene in this chunk, which I was happy to do because it was made around 10 months ago and I knew it would look better.
I know this is my first release in a long time and I wanted it to be solid. So while I reworked the scene I added a little extra and then I added some stuff into another scene and redid some of it's animations and it led to bugs and fucked up stills and jerky things.
Basically I tried to do a little too much and ran into issues that made me shell up and focus on the update to finish it.
I'll be honest, things aren't completely ready yet. I absolutely think they will be by the 29th but just incase they aren't I plan to release up to whatever is ready. If it's anything under 700 renders then you'll know I wasn't able to fix it in time and the rest would be released in the following days.

As far as the rest of Day 32 goes I plan to release it in the first week of July. The only tinkering I have to do to it is another scene in the locker room but it's not very large.
As for the rest of it, I plan on having 3 total releases afterwards. So a total of 5 chunks.
And when this update is completely out I plan on chunking out and doing the next update the same way.

To sum it all up. The stress and expectations of my first release in a long time made me try and do a little too much which led to issues but all is good.

And once again I do apologize for not being active on here. I was mainly waiting until I had something positive at all to share. Having to explain fuck ups is never fun especially in these sort of situations but it's my responsibility to keep you guys in the know so I am sorry for that. Mind Drops are starting back up and next week will be more of the usual format.

I also have deleted all of my recent ranting posts. Those posts are usually left up until the update but I'm deleting early mainly because I haven't been moderating them and I don't really feel up to looking through it all right now.

I'll likely have a post on the 28th talking more about what to expect with the update and if it was fixed in time or not.
Thank you all for everything and I'll talk to you soon.
Love you guys <3
Still trying to figure out how BD will change the days.
I know he wants to spread it out over a longer timeline (playing the DITLO you allready see changes) but at what point do we start from the old day 10? What i mean is which days will the old day 10 hold for example.

And releasing around 700 renders. That means the epic update which was promised will be split into those chunks he's talking about. Well, if so, i hope the releasedates will be shortly after "Day 32" or we can wait again.

Really hoping BD get's his life back on the rails. A nice (big) release will get some positive feedback which in return will do him good and giving him "the good vibes" to continue WVM.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Still trying to figure out how BD will change the days.
I know he wants to spread it out over a longer timeline (playing the DITLO you allready see changes) but at what point do we start from the old day 10? What i mean is which days will the old day 10 hold for example.

And releasing around 700 renders. That means the epic update which was promised will be split into those chunks he's talking about. Well, if so, i hope the releasedates will be shortly after "Day 32" or we can wait again.

Really hoping BD get's his life back on the rails. A nice (big) release will get some positive feedback which in return will do him good and giving him "the good vibes" to continue WVM.
I hope it's not like a toxic couple that promises you that they will change and in the end defames you to the world and gets you kicked out of pirates of the caribbean, because I really like this game.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018

Yo

I have a few things to share about how things have been going on my end but first let me apologize for not posting or even reading comments as of late.
It's been a bit of a frustrating month. I've finally started to get my mental right and things have honestly been good on that end but I've been struggling with a few things work wise.
I've definitely been trying to keep my mental good, which is a big reason why I've disappeared a bit recently. I know a lot of you are fed up with everything and I understand that but it's not the best thing for me to get sucked into right now by reading it all and whatever so I've just been silently grinding away at it.
Anyway, I just want to explain why things got held up and also give a release date.

Positives first,
There will be a release on June 29th.
And Birthday renders for June will be posted on the 30th.

Okay, now let me explain what's up.
I set out this month to hopefully release all of Day 32.
My initial plan was 3 chunks of update for it, with the first one being the shortest. I knew I'd have the first two out this month but was optimistic about the rest. After looking it over I decided I was comfortable combining the first 2 chunks into 1 chunk.
I have known for a while that I have reworked the locker room. Which made me have to redo a scene in this chunk, which I was happy to do because it was made around 10 months ago and I knew it would look better.
I know this is my first release in a long time and I wanted it to be solid. So while I reworked the scene I added a little extra and then I added some stuff into another scene and redid some of it's animations and it led to bugs and fucked up stills and jerky things.
Basically I tried to do a little too much and ran into issues that made me shell up and focus on the update to finish it.
I'll be honest, things aren't completely ready yet. I absolutely think they will be by the 29th but just incase they aren't I plan to release up to whatever is ready. If it's anything under 700 renders then you'll know I wasn't able to fix it in time and the rest would be released in the following days.

As far as the rest of Day 32 goes I plan to release it in the first week of July. The only tinkering I have to do to it is another scene in the locker room but it's not very large.
As for the rest of it, I plan on having 3 total releases afterwards. So a total of 5 chunks.
And when this update is completely out I plan on chunking out and doing the next update the same way.

To sum it all up. The stress and expectations of my first release in a long time made me try and do a little too much which led to issues but all is good.

And once again I do apologize for not being active on here. I was mainly waiting until I had something positive at all to share. Having to explain fuck ups is never fun especially in these sort of situations but it's my responsibility to keep you guys in the know so I am sorry for that. Mind Drops are starting back up and next week will be more of the usual format.

I also have deleted all of my recent ranting posts. Those posts are usually left up until the update but I'm deleting early mainly because I haven't been moderating them and I don't really feel up to looking through it all right now.

I'll likely have a post on the 28th talking more about what to expect with the update and if it was fixed in time or not.
Thank you all for everything and I'll talk to you soon.
Love you guys <3
WE FINALLY GETTING AN UPDATE!??! NEED MORE tia content and the black lesbian couple content. Need more content in general but glad we are finally getting something soon.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018

True I’m curious to how many renders he’s actually created in total since then.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
What's funny is I said he'd end up in this situation back then because no one can do that grind and keep it going for long, and I was sadly right. Now, he's reached a point where he doesn't even want to release updates either out of fear or he just no longer wants to make the game, but the money is too much for him to abandon it.

I think the all around biggest issue is that he kept adding and adding and adding in terms of cast and that's shot him in the foot as he's now written/rendered himself into a corner that he can't get out of as he's now stuck having to spend even more time trying to figure out which girls to focus on, which girls not to, when not to have the focus on the girls. Also, when there's 20 or so to have to go through as secondary/main LI's, that begins to make things impossible to work with on a creative level.
True but more girls the better. Homie should’ve hired someone to help with the money he’s getting from this game now. He could’ve easily got a second helper/assistant to keep on track and organized when creating this game.

Reactions: mofonistik

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
At this point in time this Dev has almost no credibility and is so full of shit it's unreal. He promised us a large update last yearand we got nothing. He supposedly had it ready but didn't want to release it because he wasn't comfortable with the size and some of the scenes. BS. If he has it all done then just release it and stop trying to blow smoke up people asses by making more freaking excuses.

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
First, positives first, There will be a release on June 29th.
Then farther down: I absolutely think they will be by the 29th but just incase they aren't I plan to release up to whatever is ready.
Then at the end: I'll likely have a post on the 28th talking more about what to expect with the update and if it was fixed in time or not.

Anyone ever pull the petals off flowers while saying she loves me, she loves me not? This is what it seems like BrainDrop is doing. He seems to just be pulling petals while saying I'll release it, I'll release it not.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I for 1 am hoping that there is an update on the 29th so we can finally see what the Dev has been saying that he's had ready for months but I'm not even going to hold my breath at this point. It either comes out or it doesn't. With what this Dev has been doing to the fans and his supporters it's going to take more than just a few updates to get that trust back.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes