Jan 24, 2020
I once subcribed in Patreon to WVM, but chose to cease this when the updates never arrived. this was my choice, and my choice alone. i just want to make that clear before i get blasted.. i think this is a lovely VN, and i really want to see more content, but after over 12 months of the Developer having major issues in life, such as babies, and parting of the loved ones, i can understand the delays. i also understand that when you have a child, this throws your life into the blender. this really messes things up, and your mental train of thought goes completely out of the window. so i guess what i am trying to say, is that i get the Dev, he is in balls deep, and needs a break, without upsetting his fanbase.. but he is in too deep.. i would panic a little too... especially where thousands of dollars are being on the line, every month..
If it were me, and i am glad it is not... i would release what i had, leave for 2 weeks, then come back and continue no matter the outbursts. be proud that you had the balls to start this thing.. dont over pressure yourself to money.. just be... YOU...

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
Thank you so much for sharing this news Bøb69, as always an interesting read.
I wish BD will solve his issues, in the end this is the most important thing for him and his family, and it's good to see how he's planning the release.
I think once he will move over his apprehension about how the update will be received he will be able to start working with more ease. :)
If only that was something that could be easily fixed, I'm still going through hell myself from loss and I've hoped like hell it would've been over already (since December) but these things take time and no two people will deal with them the same way. I've lost my drive to create and I've stopped all the things I once loved because of it but I have that hope that I'll get back to it all. Ironically enough this game is one of the things I can still enjoy.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
If only that was something that could be easily fixed, I'm still going through hell myself from loss and I've hoped like hell it would've been over already (since December) but these things take time and no two people will deal with them the same way. I've lost my drive to create and I've stopped all the things I once loved because of it but I have that hope that I'll get back to it all. Ironically enough this game is one of the things I can still enjoy.
As a person that suffer of depression myself I understand and I'm sorry for you, that's why I hope he will be able to be better, since I see my own struggles reflected in this story.
I sadly know how much difficult and time consuming is to fight it, and you can't even be the same even if in the end you will be able to return to a more or less normal life since it's a lifetime battle where you need to always take care of your mind.
We need to try to be a little bit strong day by day and keep on fighting, and I wish BD will continue working it, it could be one of the way to keep the beast in check and feel better for himself and for his family. :)

Noid42

May 19, 2018
I hope things go well next month.
Feels like a make or break moment, a chance for things to go back on track... or not.
WVM used to be one my favorite VNs on this site, and I'm obviously pretty skeptical, but I seriously hope it can be that again.
Good luck BD.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

ANC

Oct 2, 2018
This upcoming update is gonna have 700 renders right? How many renders did the last release have?

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
This upcoming update is gonna have 700 renders right? How many renders did the last release have?
At the moment, no one is certain what to expect. The developer has been making release dates for some time and making wild promises about what it would entail.

So, it would better just to wait this Wednesday to see what happens. But if you want to go off by his last update, he claims to put two chunks into 1 update, supposedly. If not, he would just release whatever was available.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thanks I appreciate you breaking it down. I'm no longer a sub scriber to BD, but I used to be for a few months, and I read all the BrainDrops. I did not understand his explanation of the next steps I guess because I didn't realise that the rework was coming separately and later.
wish he held off for a remaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluetack_man

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yo

So it's been quite a few days of turmoil.
If it can go wrong it has recently... which tends to be the case when I let myself get into these crunch time scenarios.

I've been awake for about 25 hours now.
I have been stressing to finish these changes before the end of the month because I fucking want to live up to something I set out to do for once but luck isn't on my side right now.
I take adderall for my ADHD and it's been amazing for me 99% of the time but yesterday when I took it, it led me to an all day long panic attack that I did my best to fight through but it was a losing battle.
Anyway, that's not the important bit.

You guys have asked for more transparency so let me explain what exactly has been happening.
I feel like an idiot right now but I'm also happy to have finally fixed one of the issues that have plagued my animations forever.
So keep in mind that WVM is my first game ever and first time ever working on something like this. I've taught myself everything for the most part and I've just figured out a way to do things that work for me.
I've always been someone to try and get things to work on my own... whether it be shit that would break around the house or electronics or whatever.

And I've encountered thousands of issues while making WVM and for 99% of them I just found a way to make it work.
The main problem that has stopped me from being finished with the redone animations is a thing I like to call the "Royal wave".
For example, let's say the MC is "Hugging" a girl from behind and he needs to grab her hips for some extra stability. As he is going in for it he needs to pull himself or her and for that to happen his hands and arms need to stay mostly locked while the rest of his body moves.
To animate that isn't too tough, just put the hands where they need to go right?
Well, in doing so... all of the frames in-between the keyframes have to figure out how exactly to move the arms and hands to make it from point A to point B.
What sucks is that the interpolation always would end up doing something that looked like a royal wave. Where instead of staying locked on it would roll or slide down and then back up into place because that's just how the arm had to move to go between the points.
It was awful and looks awful, I made it work in the past by either just removing the arms from the shot or going frame by frame and posing the hand for each and every single render. Which takes hours and is super easy to fuck up.

This is something I've always struggled with and since I technically could fix it I never really tried to find a better solution.
Like I said, I've been awake for 25 hours now. 20 of those have been spent working on fixing this and another thing that I got fixed as well.
And the solution was so simple that it hurts.
There's a built in tool that lets you lock limbs and such in place and they wont move... and I just didn't know it existed... turning an 8 hour job into a 20 minute job.
I definitely feel foolish but I'm also happy to have learned something new that will help tremendously in the future.

Okay, long explanation just to say that I don't think the 700 render update will be ready by June 29th or 30th. But it won't be much longer at all. There is a 300 render update that's pretty much ready to go though.
I've been stressing super fucking hard about getting out a solid update before the month's end.
I tried to tweak too much. I've definitely been feeling the pressure to have to put out something good so I tried to add stuff or make something look better but it mainly led to just more frustration and stress. Not my best play.
I'm human, I've been through a fuck ton recently so I'm not gonna beat myself up.

I know a lot of you are frustrated as well and just know that I've never once tried to dupe any of you or anything.
WVM is my hobby and I do this for fun. Stressing this hard about updates and all that is the complete opposite of fun and I'll be honest when I say that I'm feeling pretty jaded about a lot of things and I desperately want to get past this. I want it out more than you do... is what I'm trying to say.
and if you aren't comfortable supporting me right now I completely understand. You owe me nothing. You've played and enjoyed my game and that's all I could ever ask for.
If you're feeling any sort of doubt then please remove your pledge but please join the discord first so you can still play the chunks as they come out.
You can always rejoin when I'm back on my shit.

Okay, so main point of this post time.
I've spent a lot of time stressing about how to deliver this update right now. I was trying to think of what the majority would want and then it hit me that I literally have the ability to poll that.
I'll admit I'm reluctant to since the last poll didn't go very well but fuck it.

So the two options are.

A:
"Release them in smaller chunks. The first one (300-ish renders) on the 29th and the other (400-ish renders) the moment it is finished (Likely July 1st-3rd)"

or

B:
"Wait and release them together (700-ish renders) the moment it is finished. (July 1st-3rd)"

As far as my personal opinion goes: I do believe the two chunks together make for a better update. But I also have no issues splitting it up especially given the circumstances. I'm cool with either.
I know my word doesn't mean a whole lot right now when it comes to release times... but these are being stuck to.
If A is chosen it will likely be released toward 8-9pm EST as I have things I have to do during that day.
Either way, something is being released soon or I'll pause pledges until 2024.

Poll ends at 4am EST. Whichever has majority vote will be the one I go with.
And this post will self destruct after whichever vote is picked gets released.

And as always, thank you all so much for everything.

A - 26 %

B - 73 %

233 votes

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019

Yo

If it can go wrong it has recently... which tends to be the case when I let myself get into these crunch time scenarios.

I have been stressing to finish these changes before the end of the month because I fucking want to live up to something I set out to do for once but luck isn't on my side right now.
I take adderall for my ADHD and it's been amazing for me 99% of the time but yesterday when I took it, it led me to an all day long panic attack that I did my best to fight through but it was a losing battle.

You guys have asked for more transparency so let me explain what exactly has been happening.
I feel like an idiot right now but I'm also happy to have finally fixed one of the issues that have plagued my animations forever.
So keep in mind that WVM is my first game ever and first time ever working on something like this. I've taught myself everything for the most part and I've just figured out a way to do things that work for me.
I've always been someone to try and get things to work on my own... whether it be shit that would break around the house or electronics or whatever.

And I've encountered thousands of issues while making WVM and for 99% of them I just found a way to make it work.
The main problem that has stopped me from being finished with the redone animations is a thing I like to call the "Royal wave".
For example, let's say the MC is "Hugging" a girl from behind and he needs to grab her hips for some extra stability. As he is going in for it he needs to pull himself or her and for that to happen his hands and arms need to stay mostly locked while the rest of his body moves.
To animate that isn't too tough, just put the hands where they need to go right?
Well, in doing so... all of the frames in-between the keyframes have to figure out how exactly to move the arms and hands to make it from point A to point B.
What sucks is that the interpolation always would end up doing something that looked like a royal wave. Where instead of staying locked on it would roll or slide down and then back up into place because that's just how the arm had to move to go between the points.
It was awful and looks awful, I made it work in the past by either just removing the arms from the shot or going frame by frame and posing the hand for each and every single render. Which takes hours and is super easy to fuck up.

This is something I've always struggled with and since I technically could fix it I never really tried to find a better solution.
Like I said, I've been awake for 25 hours now. 20 of those have been spent working on fixing this and another thing that I got fixed as well.
There's a built in tool that lets you lock limbs and such in place and they wont move... and I just didn't know it existed... turning an 8 hour job into a 20 minute job.
I definitely feel foolish but I'm also happy to have learned something new that will help tremendously in the future.

Okay, long explanation just to say that I don't think the 700 render update will be ready by June 29th or 30th. But it won't be much longer at all. There is a 300 render update that's pretty much ready to go though.
I've been stressing super fucking hard about getting out a solid update before the month's end.
I tried to tweak too much. I've definitely been feeling the pressure to have to put out something good so I tried to add stuff or make something look better but it mainly led to just more frustration and stress. Not my best play.
I'm human, I've been through a fuck ton recently so I'm not gonna beat myself up.

I know a lot of you are frustrated as well and just know that I've never once tried to dupe any of you or anything.
WVM is my hobby and I do this for fun. Stressing this hard about updates and all that is the complete opposite of fun and I'll be honest when I say that I'm feeling pretty jaded about a lot of things and I desperately want to get past this. I want it out more than you do... is what I'm trying to say.
and if you aren't comfortable supporting me right now I completely understand. You owe me nothing. You've played and enjoyed my game and that's all I could ever ask for.
If you're feeling any sort of doubt then please remove your pledge but please join the discord first so you can still play the chunks as they come out.

I've spent a lot of time stressing about how to deliver this update right now. I was trying to think of what the majority would want and then it hit me that I literally have the ability to poll that.
I'll admit I'm reluctant to since the last poll didn't go very well but fuck it.

So the two options are.

A:
"Release them in smaller chunks. The first one (300-ish renders) on the 29th and the other (400-ish renders) the moment it is finished (Likely July 1st-3rd)"

or

B:
"Wait and release them together (700-ish renders) the moment it is finished. (July 1st-3rd)"

As far as my personal opinion goes: I do believe the two chunks together make for a better update. But I also have no issues splitting it up especially given the circumstances. I'm cool with either.
I know my word doesn't mean a whole lot right now when it comes to release times... but these are being stuck to.
If A is chosen it will likely be released toward 8-9pm EST as I have things I have to do during that day.

A - 26 %

B - 73 %

233 votes
Why are people voting for a bigger update? It doesn't make any sense? These poles are stupid. Sounds like he trying to remove liability of his incompetence behind a pole. He can't even manage to release a small update. Why is he asking what the community thinks? He should be releasing something. He made a statement that he was going to release it on the 29th.

He said he would release whatever was available on the 29th. Tomorrow. It's a joke. I can't understand how people are that blind loyal to him and put up with excuses. Are those fake percentages to be in his favor to postpone it later?

That's it I am putting this on the garbage list. He can't make any promises and keep them.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Normally, I'd be all for waiting for the longer update, but I feel that with BD, giving him any more time will lead to the same issue he's been having the last few years and in turn, will again lead to him discovering more "problems" he needs to fix, going into yet another spiral and in turn will go radio silent for another few months.

Oct 19, 2020

Yo

So the two options are.

A:

or

B:

A - 26 %

B - 73 %

233 votes
What a shocking news. Another excuse another delay. Same old shit happening again. Its not dejavu anymore it's more like a loop.

And he's saying it's hobby. You don't get paid when u're doing your own hobby. Its more than hobby and it's your job. Act like it. Patreon and facepalmer squad acting like harem and treating him like Jacob.

More than 6 months passed the actual deadline. Couple times postponed again and again. Guess what probably gonna postpone AGAIN.

Time to let go this game for me. Probably dev too.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes