DammitBird

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2019
Yall need to calm down. So many complaints against the dev and you are all here downloading it for free.
Personally not a fan of 3dgc VN's, but I have to hand it to this guy that he achieves something different than the standard shovelware. Sometimes dev cycles get held up by 3rd parties. For example, sometimes i have to wait to release an update because my artist cant make a timeline. Its just part of being a smalltime developer.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Yall need to calm down. So many complaints against the dev and you are all here downloading it for free.
Personally not a fan of 3dgc VN's, but I have to hand it to this guy that he achieves something different than the standard shovelware. Sometimes dev cycles get held up by 3rd parties. For example, sometimes i have to wait to release an update because my artist cant make a timeline. Its just part of being a smalltime developer.
So you're saying that braindrop hired someone to help him over a year ago and he's been waiting on this guy to do his part of the work ever since then? You must know something that nobody else knows I guess.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i think Braindrop is fucking awesome ..... his renders are awesome , his story is awesome .... and he has put out a hell-alot-of content ... and added to that real life's shit that we all go thru is a flat out pain in the ass ....give BD a break .. i'm been here since day 1 .... he's never let me down .... has there been delays .. sure ... he is still at the top or very close to it as far as Dev.s go ...

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
BD works alone. He certainly makes enough money to hire out for help. However he doesn't want to have monitor other peoples work or take away his time from working on the game. He wanted to do it alone. If I'm remember what he said when this was brought up a number of times. Of course it doesn't seem like he really wants to work on the game anymore, so he should probably look into it.

i think Braindrop is fucking awesome ..... his renders are awesome , his story is awesome .... and he has put out a hell-alot-of content ... and added to that real life's shit that we all go thru is a flat out pain in the ass ....give BD a break .. i'm been here since day 1 .... he's never let me down .... has there been delays .. sure ... he is still at the top or very close to it as far as Dev.s go ...

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Some delays? :LOL: A year with only the DITLO (a terrible idea) and a 300 render update when there are supposedly more than 2000 renders finished and have been for awhile. Well if we are to take the "fucking awesome" BD at his word. Must be an interesting world you live in where no one is ever held accountable. I don't imagine much gets done though.

Most of the people on here complaining aren't the trolls that complain over anything, but fans of the game who have gotten tired of hearing all the excuses. The last one being completely ridiculous. He is feeling sensitive and couldn't handle it if the big update got bad reviews. That's a child's mentality. Anyone over the age of twelve should've realized by now that no matter what you do you can't please everyone.

I really like this game and have given BD plenty of credit in the past for pausing pledges and being upfront with his supporters, but that's just not the case anymore. Now it just seems like a dev who has gotten tired of working on his game, but doesn't want to give up the money. He doesn't even keep up with the mind drops anymore.

He said back at the end of May that he was breaking it up into chunks and wanted everything out by early August. Well it's mid July and we've only seen 300 renders. Anyone still think that's a possibility? I hope like mostly everyone else that he gets his shit together and gets the game up and rolling again, but to be optimistic about it at this point is crazy.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
wish the discord was public or partially public
Why :WaitWhat: To read his stupid apologies and pathetic explanations about how hard he works and why is there still no update? There the cultists pray to their god, you don't need it bro, you'll download an update here, or on the patreon, even though he doesn't deserve it, but being his patron only in order to read his discord is stupid

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
I just think the bad respons on his last release has gone bad for him.
If we believe BD he was in a pretty bad spot with anxiety attacks about releasing his "huge 2000 render update"

Kept it on hold, then he would release it in chunks and all the sudden this Harper day of her life was released.
That didn't fall well with alot of his patreons. Later he made a poll on how to release the next update. Smaller chunks with a week between. Slightly bigger but we had to wait for it a little longer and guess what. He just does the opposite of how his patreons voted. Followed with a huge decline in patreons. (someone posted the graph a time back and it was an insane number)

The patience, even from his most loyal fans, is gone. Time after time there was something else and even ICSTOR could have taken a lesson in making up exuses.
Don't get me wrong, mental health issues is a bitch and at first i truly respected his situation and explenations. But each time it was something else which made me reconsider his true situation. Now i think he truly has lost it and desperately trying to please or it's just a big load of crap.
He can't even keep his promise to update 2 small chunks of 300/400 renders and even ghosting his fanbase.

I just hope he gets both his feet back on the ground and leave all this behind. Even if it was all a big load of crap ;)

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes