splamo

Jun 26, 2018
The big issue this dev keeps making with respect to the storyline is that they feel it's important that a character can't be missing from the game for too long before they need to make an appearance. So every update feels like this laundry list of speaking to x/y/z to get their one line in and by the time we get to some kind of story progression the update is over because so much time was spent "making the rounds" on all the other girls.

The number of women is on the ridiculous side but it actually wouldn't be a problem if the dev from the beginning went with the formula:

meet new girl > setup plot point to help/woo girl > resolve plot > relegate girl to backlog/collection > move onto next girl

This gives the freedom to have a meaningful interaction with each new person but then when that's done, move on and have them make cameo appearances for big harem orgies or if it makes sense to have them appear within another girl's plot for some reason. Just don't waste time having 30 women show their face just to effectively say "hi, I'm still here" or get stuck on making new sex scenes for girls we've already had many for unless you intend something significant to come out of it i.e. pregnancy.

Don't throw too many new women at once too. The introduction of that color coded group of girls during an already overburdened scene of new girls, it just gets boring.

Other devs who only have 5 or 6 women total can get away with dedicating every update to cover everyone in some way but when you have 50+ it's just not feasible without harming the narrative.

Also there is a fine line you have to walk along to avoid a harem turning "cringe" and for me that line was crossed when they had all the girls in bikini's lined up in a row and bent over just for the MC to enjoy. It takes a lot for me to feel embarrassed? in a virtual scene in a game...but that's how I felt when that happened.
Totally agree with everything here. It's too much in too little time. I mean, BD had to redo his entire game just to stretch it out into a week(s) and not a couple days because you're quite literally overrun with pussy in like 3 days.

I may get crucified for this, and I understand it's way harder to do, but I feel like if this were more of a sandbox (or partial sandbox) type game, where you can pursue most of the girls you choose at your own pace, this game would be way more manageable with the amount of love interests currently available, the stories for each of the characters would stand better on their own, and there wouldn't have to be a redo of the first week. Maybe keep Shauna and Jaime tied to a story line, and have everyone else as an option. That would be real freedom to have meaningful interactions with who you want. Otherwise, it's introduce new girl, spoon feed the player dialogue, girl falls for MC, they bang, then we never hear from them again until -like you said- they pop up again to say "I'm still here!" There were several updates, where I just skipped some of the dialogue completely because I was supposed to be on my way to one girl, got stopped by another, pulled off in another direction, and I just didn't care.

There's just too many girls to keep track of and I don't necessarily care about 1/3 of them. Either cut down on the harem, or just give us the smut, because the story for each character is way too thin now. And throwing in the whole "Stud for hire" side plot was ridiculous. I literally don't remember the names/faces of half the girls, so how am I supposed to care about them? Or their story? Or the overall narrative when there are 6 different plot points pulling me in 6 different directions?

Looking back it's kind of sad/funny to me, when I used to come into this thread, everyone was excited about their favorite girl, discussing plotlines, and working theories. It was one of the more positive game threads on this site. People loved this game and the dev. Over time it's slowly devolved into...this. BD wasted a lot of well earned goodwill. I don't claim to know what's going on with the dev, or what would work better for him workflow wise, but as it is now, he's going to need a miracle comeback to save the integrity of this game.

Reactions: 95er and Krynh

Eticketjedi

Jul 15, 2022
So wait is this update a split path because that is what I am getting from all these posts? If so I am going to wait for a version that lets you do both paths. I hate having to use multiple saves to see all the content.
Yes, and one of the paths is waaaaaaaaay shorter than the other.

...which says something since the 'long' path is really short too.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Nope and 2 never will.
I kinda hope that this is one he saves for "the final chapter". Once he doesn't have to worry about Patreon because the funding of everything is done, he says 'fuck it!' and gives us a major sendoff. Given the amount of kissing with Azel early on and how it intensified, I can't help but think Patreon is really the only reason it hasn't happened, so once they're out of the way it may make for an amazing finish.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
*Note Season 2 also contains all previous content from Season 1 v0.10.0.1

Does this mean we don't have to have season 1 and 2 separated any more? Just want to make sure how the save transfer will work.

Deathgasm

Nov 8, 2020
This VN has really good potential. All it takes is BD to get on track with things but based on the history that I have been reading, this will take some long time to happen. Or might not happen at all...

Reactions: Elyx_

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I see the game is on the milking routine: bigger time between releases, smaller content per update, and now even remaking the game.

I think he really shot himself in the foot by doing the rework and the game at the same time. It take the focus of doing your best at one thing when you also doing another on the side. I used to like this game a lot back in the day when it first started but the recent trend just leave a bad taste in your mouth of what this has become. I think with all the delays he could have put this game onhold and work on the rework only and have it ready by the start of next year. Hearing from people that you encounter someone and the conversation doesn’t make sense is not good at all, anyway hope this gets back on track.
Lastly haven’t play in a while if someone can tell me has anything happen with Jasmine since that kiss we gave her at our house ? Cheers (y)
I think that he cornered himself with all the girls, and that he doesn't or never had a solid plan for the story and doesn't know how or what to tell anymore. So why not remaking the game from the start to "buy time". Number of patrons is decreasing so little anyway

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Well I'll be damned. I'd have bet this was going the abandoned route. Hope this isn't another BS "update" like the last one. I'm pleasantly surprised thanks dev for not throwing in the towel.

• Haha
Reactions: LinusMundane

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
It turns out if you let Penny give you a lift, you miss out on other content. But still all talking either way. With no penny car sex.

Looks like Carly's face has changed too.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
One of the recent reviews amuses me.

If you've never had sex in your life or had a real romantic relationship with someone then you'll find this game to be amazing (realism doesn't matter since you are inexperienced with romantic relationships and don't know any different).
I've both never had sex or been in a relationship and yet this game is 100% unbelievable to me, I do know the difference, you don't have to be an all knowing wizard in the way of sex and relationships to know this VN's writing is dog ass. I agree with the rest of this review mind you, I hate this VN just throwing women at you with zero challenge, it's boring and uninteresting, but this is yet another person talking mad shit like experience and understanding aren't separate.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes