Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Hello everyone.
We are sorry to announce that the update will be moved back to October 7th.

We announced on discord yesterday that Braindrop and his household are currently sick and all have fevers. They went to their doctor and everything will be okay but Braindrop has told me that he and his family were feeling worse today and that he wasn't able to get much work done due to caring for his family while trying to rest himself. They started feeling ill on Wednesday and they believe that they'll start feeling better soon.

There isn't much left to finish for the update but due to the circumstances I really do not want to push Braindrop to finish everything right now. He was very adamant about pushing through as soon as he possibly could and I convinced him to rest and we'll simply reload ourselves and be ready to continue when everyone is healthy.
He said that he doesn't want to just say "It'll be out soon" since he doesn't want people to check and get disappointed every day that it isn't out.
The latest date I could get him to agree to was the 7th.

We are very bummed about having to delay. This obviously isn't how we envisioned things going up to this point but we can not control when and if we get sick.
We're striving to achieve something maintainable and working through a bad illness, especially with a baby, is not a step in that direction.

We have already talked and planned how we'll try and avoid these interruptions going forward. I'd like to reiterate that we didn't flip a magical switch and suddenly turn perfect. There are many bad development habits that we are working on fixing, such as the constant edits up until the release day. But, we're working ourselves through a weird batch of content at the moment due to this past year and we believe things won't be as touchy when we're past a certain point.

I do hope you are understanding of the situation. We're not happy with the situation but we are overall feeling positive about the progress being made behind the scenes.
We plan to release at 5pm EST on Friday, October 7th.
I'll have news about when to expect Episode 4 as well as an update on the Season 1 redo in the next Mind Drop on October 12th.

Thanks guys. We'll see you on the 7th.
Take care.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

Hello everyone.

We announced on discord yesterday that Braindrop and his household are currently sick and all have fevers. They went to their doctor and everything will be okay but Braindrop has told me that he and his family were feeling worse today and that he wasn't able to get much work done due to caring for his family while trying to rest himself. They started feeling ill on Wednesday and they believe that they'll start feeling better soon.

There isn't much left to finish for the update but due to the circumstances I really do not want to push Braindrop to finish everything right now. He was very adamant about pushing through as soon as he possibly could and I convinced him to rest and we'll simply reload ourselves and be ready to continue when everyone is healthy.
He said that he doesn't want to just say "It'll be out soon" since he doesn't want people to check and get disappointed every day that it isn't out.

We are very bummed about having to delay. This obviously isn't how we envisioned things going up to this point but we can not control when and if we get sick.
We're striving to achieve something maintainable and working through a bad illness, especially with a baby, is not a step in that direction.

We have already talked and planned how we'll try and avoid these interruptions going forward. I'd like to reiterate that we didn't flip a magical switch and suddenly turn perfect. There are many bad development habits that we are working on fixing, such as the constant edits up until the release day. But, we're working ourselves through a weird batch of content at the moment due to this past year and we believe things won't be as touchy when we're past a certain point.

I do hope you are understanding of the situation. We're not happy with the situation but we are overall feeling positive about the progress being made behind the scenes.
I'll have news about when to expect Episode 4 as well as an update on the Season 1 redo in the next Mind Drop on October 12th.

Take care.
boi.gif

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017

Hello everyone.

Take care.
they really call 300renders an episode?
when they already use season 2, chapter 1 etc, god whats next, oh i forgot theres the chunks too

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Boy, what a short lived we are gonna be better.
I don't know anyone as unlucky as BD it seems, nothing in the last 2 years seems to have gone his way or at least game dev side of things.
But what he has done seems to be working with his supporters as he is keeping par instead of bleeding them as of late, gonna be fun to see if he drags until he starts loosing again or actually puts up some stuff (delayed of course)

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, this isn't looking good for BD to already revert back to previous release issues, where giving a date only to have it pushed back time and again is how he got into the mess he was in the first time. Only reason I'm willing to give him this one is that it's at least realistic and not some insane string of events like before. But yeah, this push back a week definitely has red flags already if he was only able to keep 1 release date somewhat accurate before reverting back. I again also feel that the whole game remake that BD is so obsessed with doing is hurting the overall progress of new updates, where I feel that at this point, perhaps he should just focus on that and get it out of the way before continuing since until it's done, he's gonna keep pumping out small updates.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
well some supporters didn´t like it it seems he lost from yesterday when was billing time to today 100 pantreons.

this guys or the guy or whatever really never learns with this timeline setting.
i didn´t know that illness can be cured at a specific time frame lol

Last edited:

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
In the interest of riling people up for a week

There is NO INCEST if MC ploughs Jamie doggystyle while she munches Azel's bearded clam
Even though every deep, hard thrust forces her mouth/tongue into/inside Azel's vulva/fun-time-hole :p:p:p
Jamie's existence in the scenario eliminates every trace of incest.

So BD could throw those Azel lovers (not me, not a MILF guy) a "bone" you know what I am sayin' ;)

PEACE

OmegaLord

Jul 30, 2022
Okay, taking bets....

What will be the October 7th release excuse?
How bout,
"The new update got corrupt and is no longer workable, not to worry BD has the pre render files still but will need time to re render them, compile and redo all the lost work. Additional benefit is since he already did it there will be just jotting it down and not trying to piece everything together, expect before Oct 31..."

But who knows :devilish:

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
I thought all these renders were done? What else is he working on? Since they pushed it by a day from Sept 30 to Oct. 1, there shouldn't be any work happening besides prepping links for download...

I'm almost certain Mack is BD based on the paragraphing style and tone of those posts. Not to mention the walls of text BD is famous for.

I'm so glad I'm not wasting money as a patron, lol.

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
The thing that irks me the most about all this is the fact that BD calls these 300 ish updates episodes. Just NO!

When Dr Pink Cake (Being a Dik) releases a update, that's a episode.
When Timepants (Exiles) releases an update, that's a episode.
When Mad King Games (VIS) releases an update, that's a episode!

What BD releases are clips at best! And for the amount of time he's had its pathetic.
There always seems to be an issue of some kind that prevents him from either releasing something on time, or meaningful.

What I hoped was a bump in the road seems to have become the norm for him. And I'm not saying that all the seemingly bad luck that throws itself at him is fake, but c'mon, there has to be a limit.

Anyway rant over. Just sad to see what was once my all time favourite dev drop the ball so hard. Don't know if its because of laziness or something else, but BD no longer has the drive that made him a rising star.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
The thing that irks me the most about all this is the fact that BD calls these 300 ish updates episodes. Just NO!

What BD releases are clips at best! And for the amount of time he's had its pathetic.
There always seems to be an issue of some kind that prevents him from either releasing something on time, or meaningful.

What I hoped was a bump in the road seems to have become the norm for him. And I'm not saying that all the seemingly bad luck that throws itself at him is fake, but c'mon, there has to be a limit.

Anyway rant over. Just sad to see what was once my all time favourite dev drop the ball so hard. Don't know if its because of laziness or something else, but BD no longer has the drive that made him a rising star.
You've hit head on there everyone has had their problems including dev's just to think of the other VN's that have released or going to release soon roughly had the same timeframe as the last big WVM update. Just think of what drifty went through he managed to complete his game then start the next one. The sad fact is every time there is a delay announced here it's always just before the patron renewal date. I used to subscribe to BD but the constant let downs with excuses that get less believable each time we all wouldn't have jobs if we used them in work

Reactions: OmegaLord

Nagash477

Dec 14, 2019
1 - Meh...
2 - LOL
3 - ...
Dude... pls... BD is a lazy ass but this 2 and 3 guys lol

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
I agree with Being a Dik.
Well..um..its been 16 months and counting for Exiles. So its more like "If Timepants releases an update".
I just played the recent update of Vis. If that was an episode than Braindrop is releasing episodes as well considering how short it was.

Reactions: DocSilence

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
Okay, taking bets....

What will be the October 7th release excuse?
Here are my guesses for this months excuse.
1: His favorite houseplant died so he is taking a break because of its death.
2: Someone stole the towels from his laundry room and now he is hunting them down.
3: He was playing for Hufflepuff in the quidditch tournament.
4: He was cleaning his ears with a Q-tip and put it too far in. Now he can't hear his alarm to wake him up to work on the VN.
5: He overslept.
6: His house was too cold so he had to go to the Caribbean to warm up before he got sick.
7: His cat ate his HDD with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
8: He forgot.
9: Stubbed his toe which caused too much pain to sit and work on his PC.
10: His PC was covered with 8 feet of snow in a surprise snowstorm.
11: He drank a glass of water forgetting that he is allergic to water so he spent the month in the hospital.
12: The police raided his home and gave him a speeding ticket for typing too fast. Now the VN is delayed again because of speeding.
13: He did get sick and had a fever of 132 fahrenheit (55.5 celcius) (Little health fact, the highest temp a body can live with is 108F/42C)
14: His cat got depressed and now requires constant attention.
15: A crow stole his HDD.
16: He spent weeks on the phone with the insurance company after his swimming pool caught fire.
17: He had to go shopping for the perfect chair to use while working on the VN after his other chair broke from overuse.
18: He tripped on the stairs on the way to his PC.
19: He saw a dodo on the way to his PC and had to follow it all around town for weeks.
20: He didn't know that he was allowed to work on the VN.

Wonder how long this will stay up before its deleted for off topic/ harassment/ hurting the devs feelings.

Last edited:

Grimstar

May 15, 2020
I agree with Being a Dik.
Well..um..its been 16 months and counting for Exiles. So its more like "If Timepants releases an update".
I just played the recent update of Vis. If that was an episode than Braindrop is releasing episodes as well considering how short it was.
Thing with Timepants is that when he releases an update (apparently looking for testers soon) at least we know it'll be more than 300ish chapters after 16 months and more than likely worth the wait.

As for Vis, although the update was short there was more plot progression and world building in it than WVM's last two updates combined. Hell, in one Vis update multiple days passed, in the past two WVM updates (if I remember correctly) the day hasn't even ended yet.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes