Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
well some supporters didn´t like it it seems he lost from yesterday when was billing time to today 100 pantreons.

this guys or the guy or whatever really never learns with this timeline setting.
i didn´t know that illness can be cured at a specific time frame lol
You do realise though that it's the beginning of the month and subscriber numbers on Patreon are always on a downward spiral during those periods? If unsure about the date, please check a calendar. ;)

Reactions: YepperCause

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
You do realise though that it's the beginning of the month and subscriber numbers on Patreon are always on a downward spiral during those periods? If unsure about the date, please check a calendar. ;)
that was already yesterday AFTER the usually loss of the supporters at the beginning of the month the numbers dropped from 3200 to 2924 pantrons.
and the posting at pantreon for the updatedelay was still not there.

after that annoncement 10 hours ago IT WAS ALREADY THE 2ND of october and the billing cycle is the 1st of october even in other timezones, it was already past the billing cycle of 1st october. it dropped again to 2822 many hours later after the billing cycle to where it is now.
the annoncement was many hours AFTER the last billing cycle rings a bell now ????
how about you check a calendar :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
that was already yesterday AFTER the usually loss of the supporters at the beginning of the month the numbers dropped from 3200 to 2924 pantrons.
and the posting at pantreon for the updatedelay was still not there.

after that annoncement 10 hours ago IT WAS ALREADY THE 2ND of october and the billing cycle is the 1st of october even in other timezones, it was already past the billing cycle of 1st october. it dropped again to 2822 many hours later after the billing cycle to where it is now.
the annoncement was many hours AFTER the last billing cycle rings a bell now ????
how about you check a calendar :rolleyes:
The first was a Saturday. The announcement about the possible delay came on the 30th on Discord. I guess people REALLY had to stomach the shock before they were able to react two days later...

Reactions: YepperCause

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
The first was a Saturday. The announcement about the possible delay came on the 30th on Discord. I guess people REALLY had to stomach the shock before they were able to react two days later...
there seems to be a reason why the pantreon posts are one to two days late every time think about it.
the money comes not from discord and a huge number of supporters don´t even use discord.

Glass Pike

Sep 8, 2018

Hello everyone.
We are sorry to announce that the update will be moved back to October 7th.

We announced on discord yesterday that Braindrop and his household are currently sick and all have fevers. They went to their doctor and everything will be okay but Braindrop has told me that he and his family were feeling worse today and that he wasn't able to get much work done due to caring for his family while trying to rest himself. They started feeling ill on Wednesday and they believe that they'll start feeling better soon.

There isn't much left to finish for the update but due to the circumstances I really do not want to push Braindrop to finish everything right now. He was very adamant about pushing through as soon as he possibly could and I convinced him to rest and we'll simply reload ourselves and be ready to continue when everyone is healthy.
He said that he doesn't want to just say "It'll be out soon" since he doesn't want people to check and get disappointed every day that it isn't out.
The latest date I could get him to agree to was the 7th.

We are very bummed about having to delay. This obviously isn't how we envisioned things going up to this point but we can not control when and if we get sick.
We're striving to achieve something maintainable and working through a bad illness, especially with a baby, is not a step in that direction.

We have already talked and planned how we'll try and avoid these interruptions going forward. I'd like to reiterate that we didn't flip a magical switch and suddenly turn perfect. There are many bad development habits that we are working on fixing, such as the constant edits up until the release day. But, we're working ourselves through a weird batch of content at the moment due to this past year and we believe things won't be as touchy when we're past a certain point.

I do hope you are understanding of the situation. We're not happy with the situation but we are overall feeling positive about the progress being made behind the scenes.
We plan to release at 5pm EST on Friday, October 7th.
I'll have news about when to expect Episode 4 as well as an update on the Season 1 redo in the next Mind Drop on October 12th.

Thanks guys. We'll see you on the 7th.
Take care.
your health is more important than any game take your time

Oct 22, 2017
Per
View attachment 2077560

BDs made well over $150k this year alone and all we've seen is some DILDO and like 500 renders. Wish I could slack off at work while making close to a 1/4 a million dollars :ROFLMAO:
Except, you're required to pay self employment taxes if you work for yourself. Better keep all your receipts.
What it definitely shows though is that BD actually gained Patrons. :unsure:

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
I'm almost certain Mack is BD based on the paragraphing style and tone of those posts. Not to mention the walls of text BD is famous for.
I always thought this myself too. They even deleted the post that the bot makes for when the Mackenzie person joined the Discord. Even mine from last year is still there, thought that was such an odd thing to do.

Just seems like the Mackenzie account is for him to post about the game from while his own Discord account is for him to talk about the Steelers.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
is there a way to download season 2 alone? or do i need to redownload season 1 just for season 2?

Oct 22, 2017
No it doesn't. Patrons are down 14% since the start of the year. Why the earnings and per-patron estimates have gone up I have no idea.
It depends on what you look at I guess? compared to one year earlier he lost 7% of his Patrons, but:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He had 2733 Patrons left in August, and 2816 in September. That means during September he gained 83 Patrons. You can literally see the September line being higher again in the left image. The peak was higher though - but I would think if Graphtreon uses the baseline for comparison, that one is more significant? :unsure:
If you look at the curve more closely, it is mainly due to the fall of Patrons at the end of September being smaller than before, so this might suggest that most people not happy with the current situation left already, and what we see now is somewhat of the die-hard-core of Patrons - who knows?

For Graphtreons money calculations - I have no idea if Graphtreon can still track that because BD removed that info from his Patreon account, as visible in the charts too.
But before he did so, the pledge per Patron was on a slow rise - so my guess is, with no new data, Graphtreon assumes, that trend just continues indefinitely, so every month it assumes everyone just gives BD a little more - forever. And of course, every new Patron pays the average of what Graphtreon knew last to be true .^^
The high rise in money per Patron might even indicate, Graphtreon looks at both curves somewhat independently - so with fewer Patrons, for the money climbing like it did last when available, everyone obviously has to be upping their pledges all the time.
So, for Graphtreon to just show what you want to be displayed, wait until you have a good run, then turn down any info it can analyze and your charts are good.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It depends on what you look at I guess? compared to one year earlier he lost 7% of his Patrons, but:
He had 2733 Patrons left in August, and 2816 in September. That means during September he gained 83 Patrons. You can literally see the September line being higher again in the left image. The peak was higher though - but I would think if Graphtreon uses the baseline for comparison, that one is more significant? :unsure:
If you look at the curve more closely, it is mainly due to the fall of Patrons at the end of September being smaller than before, so this might suggest that most people not happy with the current situation left already, and what we see now is somewhat of the die-hard-core of Patrons - who knows?

For Graphtreons money calculations - I have no idea if Graphtreon can still track that because BD removed that info from his Patreon account, as visible in the charts too.
But before he did so, the pledge per Patron was on a slow rise - so my guess is, with no new data, Graphtreon assumes, that trend just continues indefinitely, so every month it assumes everyone just gives BD a little more - forever. And of course, every new Patron pays the average of what Graphtreon knew last to be true .^^
The high rise in money per Patron might even indicate, Graphtreon looks at both curves somewhat independently - so with fewer Patrons, for the money climbing like it did last when available, everyone obviously has to be upping their pledges all the time.
So, for Graphtreon to just show what you want to be displayed, wait until you have a good run, then turn down any info it can analyze and your charts are good.
No, looking at it again it's just buggy, and it assumes that the earnings are exactly the same now as they were when they last had data. Obviously you should ignore that part completely, and just look at the patron counts. Which are up ▲2.3% since last month, but still down ▼8.6% from three months ago and down ▼11.2% from six months ago.
1m.png 3m.png 6m.png
The earnings were actually in a fairly steep decline when he switched off the data, despite patron numbers only declining slightly in the same period.
all.png

Reactions: GingerbreadMan
Oct 22, 2017
No, looking at it again it's just buggy, and it assumes that the earnings are exactly the same now as they were when they last had data. Obviously you should ignore that part completely, and just look at the patron counts. Which are up ▲2.3% since last month, but still down ▼8.6% from three months ago and down ▼11.2% from six months ago.
View attachment 2079271 View attachment 2079273 View attachment 2079274
The earnings were actually in a fairly steep decline when he switched off the data, despite patron numbers only declining slightly in the same period.
View attachment 2079275
Yeah, I was only talking about him gaining Patrons in September comparing it to August. The overall trend is negative, but it is still interesting, that he was able to 'win Patrons back' in this timeframe, going from the bottom-points of this graph. We'll see how that continues or not.

And like I said, I find it interesting, that it feels like he is zooming/zeroing? in at around 3000 Patrons from that graph, with fewer Patrons in the peak, but also fewer losses at the end of the month, so less fluctuation overall. Feels a little like most people not happy with what's going on left already, and those numbers might be the rest that'll stick with him.

Didn't take a detailed look at the earnings, but that is an interesting observation.
It is of course like you said, completely theoretical at this point and doesn't have any real value.

Edit: Is that how it feels to follow some shares/stock and analyze what's going on with that company? :LOL:

MadMonk

May 26, 2017
Here are my guesses for this months excuse.
1: His favorite houseplant died so he is taking a break because of its death.
2: Someone stole the towels from his laundry room and now he is hunting them down.
3: He was playing for Hufflepuff in the quidditch tournament.
4: He was cleaning his ears with a Q-tip and put it too far in. Now he can't hear his alarm to wake him up to work on the VN.
5: He overslept.
6: His house was too cold so he had to go to the Caribbean to warm up before he got sick.
7: His cat ate his HDD with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
8: He forgot.
9: Stubbed his toe which caused too much pain to sit and work on his PC.
10: His PC was covered with 8 feet of snow in a surprise snowstorm.
11: He drank a glass of water forgetting that he is allergic to water so he spent the month in the hospital.
12: The police raided his home and gave him a speeding ticket for typing too fast. Now the VN is delayed again because of speeding.
13: He did get sick and had a fever of 132 fahrenheit (55.5 celcius) (Little health fact, the highest temp a body can live with is 108F/42C)
14: His cat got depressed and now requires constant attention.
15: A crow stole his HDD.
16: He spent weeks on the phone with the insurance company after his swimming pool caught fire.
17: He had to go shopping for the perfect chair to use while working on the VN after his other chair broke from overuse.
18: He tripped on the stairs on the way to his PC.
19: He saw a dodo on the way to his PC and had to follow it all around town for weeks.
20: He didn't know that he was allowed to work on the VN.
Giving him ideas for the next 19 months of delays is not the best thing you could do.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes