7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
It was young kid talk for "brother" and that's what she remembered calling him.
Riiiight, I understand it was a childhood nickname, AND she remembered the MC BY that, she is no longer that child, no longer has that mindset, and can easily either call him by his name or make up a new one that doesn't make her sound retarded.

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
Riiiight, I understand it was a childhood nickname, AND she remembered the MC BY that, she is no longer that child, no longer has that mindset, and can easily either call him by his name or make up a new one that doesn't make her sound retarded.
Lots of people have childish nicknames they still use well into adulthood. I have a few that should be embarrassing, but I'd actually be upset if the people who use them stopped. There's too much emotional attachment.

jospoop1.png

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Some of my present impressions of the game as of, 01/01/2023.

1- The game. As it stands now, it's a mess, with the Remake still not done, the days are confusing. New characters appear on CH2 unintroduced as if they've always been there. Others look different. 3 updates in on Chapter 2 and we haven't seen OUR girls once (at least I don't remember).

2- The Cheating path. It is troubling that in a Harem focused game, there is a Cheating path. Not only it's existence, but, it having more content. You can argue it isn't really cheating, because our girlfriends wouldn't really care about it and would even be OK with it, yet, it is still Hiding several liaisons that make no real sense to hide.

3- Update schedule. The problem is that there isn't one. All the communication from the Dev has become him being sorry for being late. I would very much prefer a clear statement of what's done, what's to be done, estimation of TTL. Period. No excuses, no sob stories, no promises. Clear and concise. Also, periodical.

4- The content. The content, is still one of my favorite in the genre. Right now, the game suffers from a half-done state, where things are a bit too confusing, but the story is still quite good. Some of the characters are truly interesting. The lewds are good. Image quality is OK, it was revolutionary, but it's starting to look so, less and less, because, well, things evolve. The writing isn't bad, not a literary phenomenon but quite passable. There's a lot of sensitivity to LGBTQ+ issues, not the best I've seen, but, quite well done. I do like the content, but I am also aware that it has shortcomings and issues. It isn't perfect, but, it doesn't need to be.

I want to keep a positive outcome for this game, unlike most of the people in this thread. Not only because that is THE smart thing to do (if the Dev monitors the thread) but also because it becomes very boring to read constantly about how frustrated you are that someone that has NO OBLIGATION to provide any of us non-paying customers with content, hasn't done it in our preferred time frame. Even if the game goes to Abandoned,I've already spent several entertaining hours playing and replaying whatever content there is.

Peace :)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

1- The game. As it stands now, it's a mess, with the Remake still not done, the days are confusing. New characters appear on CH2 unintroduced as if they've always been there. Others look different. 3 updates in on Chapter 2 and we haven't seen OUR girls once (at least I don't remember).

2- The Cheating path. It is troubling that in a Harem focused game, there is a Cheating path. Not only it's existence, but, it having more content. You can argue it isn't really cheating, because our girlfriends wouldn't really care about it and would even be OK with it, yet, it is still Hiding several liaisons that make no real sense to hide.

3- Update schedule. The problem is that there isn't one. All the communication from the Dev has become him being sorry for being late. I would very much prefer a clear statement of what's done, what's to be done, estimation of TTL. Period. No excuses, no sob stories, no promises. Clear and concise. Also, periodical.

4- The content. The content, is still one of my favorite in the genre. Right now, the game suffers from a half-done state, where things are a bit too confusing, but the story is still quite good. Some of the characters are truly interesting. The lewds are good. Image quality is OK, it was revolutionary, but it's starting to look so, less and less, because, well, things evolve. The writing isn't bad, not a literary phenomenon but quite passable. There's a lot of sensitivity to LGBTQ+ issues, not the best I've seen, but, quite well done. I do like the content, but I am also aware that it has shortcomings and issues. It isn't perfect, but, it doesn't need to be.

I want to keep a positive outcome for this game, unlike most of the people in this thread. Not only because that is THE smart thing to do (if the Dev monitors the thread) but also because it becomes very boring to read constantly about how frustrated you are that someone that has NO OBLIGATION to provide any of us non-paying customers with content, hasn't done it in our preferred time frame. Even if the game goes to Abandoned,I've already spent several entertaining hours playing and replaying whatever content there is.

1. Everything that happens after the changed timeline that we haven't been given yet is a mess, the new characters treated like familiar faces is bad enough, but I think what messed me up more was not being able to know what was still canon and what wasn't. I think rather than continuing the game and story, and saying we'll get the reworked beginning later, he should have just reworked the beginning to start with. It'd have been much cleaner.

2. There's no way you could argue the cheating path isn't cheating. It's very obviously framed as cheating when offered to you. Never played it and don't intend to, but I don't see why or how that path could ever lead to a good ending. None of the girls should trust us if we started out with cheating on the most important girls. The entire point of harems is that all the girls knowingly and willingly share, cheating spits in the face of that concept. I don't mind there being extra content for this path at the start, but I would hope that ends once on the good path the harem is allowed.

3. Yea, frequent honest communication and updates would be a great start.

4. For all this games flaws, it's still a lot better that a lot of other games, especially in how it handles LGBTQ+ characters and stories. I wouldn't mind if the visuals etc were to remain the same quality so long as the writing quality stays the same, or even improves.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
That being said I agree with on the state of the game it is a mess. I also agree on the cheating path. I dont understand why its in the Harem focused game. Might but I'll roll with it. I agree with you on the update schedule too. I don't even care about long waits in between updates. Hell some of my favorite games here feels like they have some insane waits between updates and it is what it is. Lot of the frustration come from the fact BD was doing, so well at giving us regular updates and than all of a sudden it just stopped and became post about how and update would be dropping soon and than post on delays with excuses on why said update wont be coming as soon as said. I just wish it wasn't post telling us an update is almost done or is coming in the next week. Just tell us what is done so far and info on what still needs to be done. I would rather not even get an estimation of the update. Just leave it as "I will get it out as soon as I can." Like you said No excuses, no sob stories, no promises. Clear and concise. I also agree that with you that this is up there as one of my favorite games. I think that is why it so disappointing on the state of game is currently in. I also under stand that the dev has NO OBLIGATION to provide any of us non-paying customers with content. That being said there are people on this forum who are or have been patreon of his. Some have come here to post frustrations as they was being banned from his discord and patreon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jvalentine112

Jul 17, 2020
Has this game been abandoned? It feels like almost a year since the last update. I hope it wasn't, this was one of my favorite games and it had the best storyline.

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020

While I agree with most of what you said, I have a different take on the Cheating Path.
While it is true that it is weird, but it could have been/could be something like Jamie getting some info, and then giving the OK as to not lose the MC. But right now, if I remember correctly, it is literally just missing out on content if you go the loyal path, and she giving the OK either way when she discusses the "business" with Rachel.

It is definitely misleading if you know what happens down the line, as it is nothing more than missing out content, and not much (if anything) being in place instead if you go the Loyal route.

I hope this gets remedied somewhat if/when the rework comes out.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
While I agree with most of what you said, I have a different take on the Cheating Path.
While it is true that it is weird, but it could have been/could be something like Jamie getting some info, and then giving the OK as to not lose the MC. But right now, if I remember correctly, it is literally just missing out on content if you go the loyal path, and she giving the OK either way when she discusses the "business" with Rachel.

It is definitely misleading if you know what happens down the line, as it is nothing more than missing out content, and not much (if anything) being in place instead if you go the Loyal route.

The content under the Cheating path isn't available ever on the Loyal path. That's the issue. All the "Mothers" and even Rachel interactions are not available. Yes, Jamie negotiates a better deal, but nothing happens. No contact is ever made with anyone.

It took me quite a while to convince myself to play the Cheating path, I felt like a jerk each time. Exactly what makes me chose to play Harems is to NOT feel that. Then to my surprise, Rachel and the other women are made available almost immediately.

This path doesn't make any sense, unless you have the same content on the Loyal path, even if later. But no, it never even comes up. Neither of the "Mothers" even speaks of the possibility.

People that want to cheat, play Harem games? Really?

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
The content under the Cheating path isn't available ever on the Loyal path. That's the issue. All the "Mothers" and even Rachel interactions are not available. Yes, Jamie negotiates a better deal, but nothing happens. No contact is ever made with anyone.

It took me quite a while to convince myself to play the Cheating path, I felt like a jerk each time. Exactly what makes me chose to play Harems is to NOT feel that. Then to my surprise, Rachel and the other women are made available almost immediately.

This path doesn't make any sense, unless you have the same content on the Loyal path, even if later. But no, it never even comes up. Neither of the "Mothers" even speaks of the possibility.

People that want to cheat, play Harem games? Really?

Well, at that point in the story, from my perspective it makes sense to name it cheating.

And as you said, the 2 paths should have different type of content, and that part should be fine. But that's it. At least from the "cheating path".
My concern is that there is not even a fraction of the content amount in the Loyal path. You are literally just missing out on scenes, and there are no real corresponding scenes. Or, to make sense, consequences for going the Cheating path.

Besides what you mentioned that you feel like an a-hole, especially with Shauna and their conversations and the MC mentioning it to Rachel, I don't remember it being really acknowledged either.

As for your last statement, I have to both agree and disagree. Partially agree as let's be honest, besides some drama, most people (me included) want Harem games so that there are multiple LIs (both models and personalities), but without feeling like sh.t for moral reasons.
And partially disagree as it could have been the trigger to open up the harem, but it is just a tool to introduce some lewd content earlier, without much impact on the story.

Let's hope that the rework will handle it better (if it will be part of it). :)

Oct 22, 2017
Then to my surprise, Rachel and the other women are made available almost immediately.
I tried the cheat path for science, but only ever played the loyal one.

One of my gripes with WVM is the highlighted.
Initially, clients were supposed to be side girls chosen by Patrons and only available once as a client, vanishing afterward.
Which I found to be a great idea. You could give Patrons something to vote about and 'participate' with in the game, while neither cluttering the story nor making encountering them all weird.

And now they are all transferred over into the rest of the game.
I'm biased because I'm neither interested in Rachael nor any of the clients.
But it also makes the story so much more convoluted with LIs (and it's never going to stop unless there are no new clients going forward).
Of course, back then I didn't think the number of LIs was to rise THAT high.

It's gotten to a point where I'm uncertain about how, even if all other issues of BD were solved right now, he wanted to be able to add time, and story time too at that, with them all in a doable time frame (in-game and out).
It's also gotten to a point where I'm no longer caring about them (mostly the new ones).

In the beginning, every girl had time for her story/background to evolve. Can't say I'm caring a whole lot about Green - or have the slightest idea about anything regarding her, including her appearance and if she exists, or I just chose a rainbow color not actually represented by a rainbow-girl.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I tried the cheat path for science, but only ever played the loyal one.

One of my gripes with WVM is the highlighted.
Initially, clients were supposed to be side girls chosen by Patrons and only available once as a client, vanishing afterward.
Which I found to be a great idea. You could give Patrons something to vote about and 'participate' with in the game, while neither cluttering the story nor making encountering them all weird.

But it also makes the story so much more convoluted with LIs (and it's never going to stop unless there are no new clients going forward).

It's gotten to a point where I'm uncertain about how, even if all other issues of BD were solved right now, he wanted to be able to add time, and story time too at that, with them all in a doable time frame (in-game and out).
It's also gotten to a point where I'm no longer caring about them (mostly the new ones).

In the beginning, every girl had time for her story/background to evolve. Can't say I'm caring a whole lot about Green - or have the slightest idea about anything regarding her, including her appearance and if she exists, or I just chose a rainbow color not actually represented by a rainbow-girl.
I wasn't here for that, so I wasn't even aware of those details on the one-time-clients. In that regard, yes, I could accept it, make a save for that, see the scene and go back to the Loyal path. Then everything changed and now the Cheating path is a whole thing with way too much content. :(

I'm biased because I am VERY interested in the older girls. :D

Ah well, let me stop dreaming because next I'll have to bring up the incest theme and it's better to pretend that there's none of that, before I get sad.

This game already suffers from an embarrassment of riches, with way too many LI's. There's simply not enough time for them all (especially when you make 2 updates only for Zoe :FacePalm: , I like her, a lot, but come on... it's too much).

Annnnnyyyywayyyy, let's get back to waiting.

Oct 22, 2017
I'm biased because I am VERY interested in the older girls. :D
Before I continue waiting, one last comment about that.

While it is true I'm more interested in the younger LI's most of the time, it is less about the age.
I fit right in with the parent generation in WVM, although that means you most likely still have a couple of decades on me.

Here it is in part the client backstory - the being paid for impregnating women thing.
Nothing I'm that interested in - I'm mostly looking for the stories and some overall wholesomeness.
So while I find it a genius move for getting Patrons to participate without altering the story or anything, I want to know what happens with all the backstories and main LI's. I just have no interest in these side stories from a player's perspective.
If there is nothing interesting in WVM left - there are more than enough other games around.

Then, more generally speaking, I like LI's with smaller boobs, and a more petite frame by extension, better.
The older/MILF type characters tend to not have that most of the time.
And if we enter the 40+ range, we enter the area where I'm mostly not really into 'older' women from my personal perspective.
There exist exceptions for all of this of course. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020

I believe this is correct, and why I restarted my file once I found out BD's philosophy of the game was essentially that nothing you did was morally wrong to anyone in his universe. I don't remember the exact post and he didn't explicitly state it this way, but he more or less implied it - you just straight up will miss content and none of the girls will hold a grudge about so there's essentially no value in being faithful.

My first playthrough actually dodged a lot of girls because of how they are initially presented as 'available.'

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Man you are not kidding. I would be shocked if anyone can name even 15% of the girls in this game without some kind of aid. Of course, updates coming out once every quarter that covers three of them at a time doesn't help.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes