ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Man you are not kidding. I would be shocked if anyone can name even 15% of the girls in this game without some kind of aid. Of course, updates coming out once every quarter that covers three of them at a time doesn't help.
the game was built as if set in a sandbox, with lots of potential women to pursue. but instead we are playing a glorified kinetic novel, with the only choices being "fuck X: yes/no" or "Y is trans:yes/no". to me these arent really choices.

it also doesnt help how the story tries to be deeper but the MC is basically a gary stue who can do no wrong. it feels off.

then there's the LIs who feel more like mindless drones throwing themselves to be used by their king. i mean, what's their defining personality besides horny cum dumps?

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
the game was built as if set in a sandbox, with lots of potential women to pursue. but instead we are playing a glorified kinetic novel, with the only choices being "fuck X: yes/no" or "Y is trans:yes/no". to me these arent really choices.

it also doesnt help how the story tries to be deeper but the MC is basically a gary stue who can do no wrong. it feels off.

then there's the LIs who feel more like mindless drones throwing themselves to be used by their king. i mean, what's their defining personality besides horny cum dumps?
I think the gigantic number of potential interests is a big part of that problem. It's basically forcing the script to only go down this goofy path now. The beginning of the game felt like it was headed a lot more places, but now the MC has 80 girlfriends and instead of developing them at all, he just keeps meeting new girls with shorter and shorter introduction arcs before they decide to join the swarm too. The only thing stopping the MC from being with every eligible girl in town is the developer taking 8 months to release five minutes of content.

jphoto802

Oct 11, 2022
The more, more, MORE problem of movie sequels, except it is all in one game. I feel like he's lost the plot, but pulling out of this tailspin would be nearly impossible now. A remake with more experience under his belt would be great for new players who have never experienced this original before.

TwinSideWings

Jan 28, 2018
hmm have read some post about damien and jasmine, i don't understand why we cannot help his mother. i mean if you choose cheat path at least you become "gigolo". where is the money from that?

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think the gigantic number of potential interests is a big part of that problem. It's basically forcing the script to only go down this goofy path now. The beginning of the game felt like it was headed a lot more places, but now the MC has 80 girlfriends and instead of developing them at all, he just keeps meeting new girls with shorter and shorter introduction arcs before they decide to join the swarm too. The only thing stopping the MC from being with every eligible girl in town is the developer taking 8 months to release five minutes of content.
I absolutely agree. The number of female characters is absolutely inflated and some characters are either irrelevant to the plot so far or interchangeable with other ladies without making a difference. Penelope, for example, has almost the same background as Shauna, except that Shauna and our protagonist have been friends forever. What Tia's plot point is, if any, no one knows, and Tali (that was the ex-princess's name, right?) is also a character that could easily be removed from the plot without it making a difference. Alternatively, one could simply put the characters into a sequel, then use the ones irrelevant to WVM 1 as potential LIs for WVM 2.

You wouldn't even have to remove them completely, but let them show up now and then, give the protagonist support to talk or whatever and then leave.

As it is, though, a lot of plot is left in limbo: what is Bailey's problem with explaining to Rainn about what's going on with the protagonist when he's ready to share? Was MC's father to blame for Ryker and Katie's parents' accident, and is this the problem he has with MC, or is it something else entirely? Does Katie have her own unscrupulous plans with the protagonist and is merely more clever than Ryker?

We can speculate all we want, but without any real progress, it's just spinning in circles, unfortunately.

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
If the dev does read these for the love of god please let Harp change her mind so we can drop 40 on those fuck heads from Thorn. Also I kinda want to let Damien back on the team and be the bro he was set up to be at first.
He stopped coming here when I was a new member. :LOL:
Agreed. This would work better for a dating sim with a lot of potential love interests, but that doesn't seem to be the course of this game.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
to me, had the game been a sandbox, the number of LIs would be a great point, but because its such a linear game, there's no real time to develop anyone, and it ends up like you said. its specially agregious when the mc goes from inside one to meeting, and then meating the next.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
to me, had the game been a sandbox, the number of LIs would be a great point, but because its such a linear game, there's no real time to develop anyone, and it ends up like you said. its specially agregious when the mc goes from inside one to meeting, and then meating the next.
Even if it were a sandbox, we're talking about like 20 DLCs deep worth of girls at this point - it's so, so many.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Even if it were a sandbox, we're talking about like 20 DLCs deep worth of girls at this point - it's so, so many.
i dont think you are wrong, but to me, it would be easier to manage. you could even have either a focused 90% content developed for 1 char per update, or something like 20% for a few per. being able to replay it(like dates with sex scenes) would allow them to stay relevant.

then again, im a defender of only adding as much as you can content for. so to me, instead of having 30+ i would make 5, and add 5 as i finish the ones before.

May 15, 2022
Mckenzy in discord yesterday:
We're currently discussing our plans for the release date as well as the content that will follow shortly after.
The Mind Drop will likely be posted tomorrow.

Also hello everyone, I am back.
Braindrop and mckenzie discuss a release date, braindrop misses it, makes a new one a week later, braindrop and mckenzie discuss a release date.
dbb791f4-6dec-4076-aa98-1f0fd4ee319d_text.gif

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Like even if Brain is milking the supporters, that's not really anything to do with her. So she can just sit back and enjoy her free money
Well, but it could always lead to get a part of blame too and this can hurt the portofolio for another job later. There is always some bad aftertaste later on. But who gives a fuck bout that, they do what they want to do ... nothing else.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Well, but it could always lead to get a part of blame too and this can hurt the portofolio for another job later. There is always some bad aftertaste later on. But who gives a fuck bout that, they do what they want to do ... nothing else.
The smart play would be using the job with Brain as a side income while working an actual job you can show future employers. It's what I'd do.

Guz007

Nov 21, 2021
Assuming McKenzie is a real person, you kinda got to envy them their gig. Like if they're getting paid, and on time, for doing next to nothing, that's kinda the dream. A victimless crime.

Like even if Brain is milking the supporters, that's not really anything to do with her. So she can just sit back and enjoy her free money
Braindrop and mckenzie discuss a release date, braindrop misses it, makes a new one a week later, braindrop and mckenzie discuss a release date.
View attachment 2287672
They are both the same person, makenzie is his alter ego.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes