ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Making it a sandbox would be a TERRIBLE idea

Most people dont like sandbox, and chaging the game in the middle of the game would be like giving the majority of your players the middle finger, and if the game would have been a sandbox since the start, it wouldnt have the success it has

Not to mention, it wouldnt solve any issues at all. Sandbox is just an excuse for Devs to add gameplay time without adding real gameplay and story to the game, but you still need to develop it.

What we need is for Braindrop to get a development cycle that works for him, and then we wouldnt need any other change
i disagree, making it a sandbox would help the game alot. i think you are confusing bad sandbox games. that either dont make use of its gameplay, or force terrible grinding.

Like i said already, to me, it would fix the problem with the amount of girls, as it would give each of them a better pacing. and a road to develop them(and the story).

and i highly doubt the game would be worse than it already is. with this directionless, kinetic novel just keep the button held to progress.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Yp there is high sexual tension :cool:
I'm not privy to the Dev thoughts, but from all indications so far, there will be NO incest, not even with the adoptive (surrogate) mother.

That doesn't mean that BD can't change his mind, I truly, truly doubt it. Why? Patreon is his job. That's his moneymaker. He will not do anything to jeopardize that, and with the rules imposed on Patreon by the payment processors, that Patreon has to enforce under penalty of litigation and financial troubles, incest is NOT going to happen. Unless those rules change (wouldn't bet on it).

I know that you are all well informed and all that, but this is way bigger than just making a few scenes with this character or another. For him to please all of us that enjoy that content, he would have to drop all income from Patreon, without any real payoff for doing it. Just go to his patreon page and see how much we are talking about here, and ask yourselves if you'd do it, I don't need to think I wouldn't even consider it.

Peace :)

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
i disagree, making it a sandbox would help the game alot. i think you are confusing bad sandbox games. that either dont make use of its gameplay, or force terrible grinding.

Like i said already, to me, it would fix the problem with the amount of girls, as it would give each of them a better pacing. and a road to develop them(and the story).

and i highly doubt the game would be worse than it already is. with this directionless, kinetic novel just keep the button held to progress.
I think making it a sandbox game would lose a significant portion of the audience, myself included. The format almost never adds complexity in a good and engaging way, it's almost always confusing, slower, and grindy for no good reason. Taste aside, from a pure development standpoint, the amount of complexity added if BD can't literally go in a straight line narratively would almost assure we never saw another update again.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
If this was to ever turn into a sandbox this would be killing yourself instead of shooting yourself. Or better yet
Beating-a-dead-horse GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
I think making it a sandbox game would lose a significant portion of the audience, myself included. The format almost never adds complexity in a good and engaging way, it's almost always confusing, slower, and grindy for no good reason. Taste aside, from a pure development standpoint, the amount of complexity added if BD can't literally go in a straight line narratively would almost assure we never saw another update again.

again, i disagree, specially when i look around and see other sandbox games doing absurdly well in here. to the point some got abandoned, and people still kept going back to them in hopes of it continuing.

in my opinion, if it either changed into a sandbox, or was one from the start, the vast majority of people saying they wouldnt, still would.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
again, i disagree, specially when i look around and see other sandbox games doing absurdly well in here. to the point some got abandoned, and people still kept going back to them in hopes of it continuing.

in my opinion, if it either changed into a sandbox, or was one from the start, the vast majority of people saying they wouldnt, still would.
Na, never would have touched that thing then. Imo the game would have been also abandoned long time ago, too. BD is for me not a sandbox coder. And if it isn't done well sandbox is mostly a pain in the ass.

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
Na, never would have touched that thing then. Imo the game would have been also abandoned long time ago, too. BD is for me not a sandbox coder. And if it isn't done well sandbox is mostly a pain in the ass.
guess what, if its not done well, any genre and style will be bad. there are a number of kinetic novels here that are massive garbage. its not because something is sandbox that its bad, its because it was badly made.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
guess what, if its not done well, any genre and style will be bad. there are a number of kinetic novels here that are massive garbage. its not because something is sandbox that its bad, its because it was badly made.
That was actually the meaning of my post. I don't think BD is a developer doing sandbox games. And don't get me wrong, but in bad VN's it's mostly not the coding. But in almost all bad sandbox/freeroam ones. You must have quite some skills and like that coding style to make a good one there. So it's way easier to fail there. I actually have one dev. who thought to change a (not so bad) VN to a sandbox. Guess what, it's a mess now. After that the game even isn't leaked here anymore because of the big loss of interest and supporters...
Well, I get it. You like sandbox games. Fine, play them. But imo this one isn't meant to be one.

Last edited:

datguy0115

Feb 21, 2021
I really love that game. I backed it on patreon for quite a while and I would seriously love to continue to back it once frequent updates are back on the menu, but the differences between chapter one and two are really, really ruining the game for me right now.

Its literally like watching the second season of a show, after watching only half of the first season. You kinda know whats going on, but here and there pops something up, which doesnt make any sense with the background you got. It bothers me personally in any show I watch and it bothers me in this game as well.

I honestly think, that it would be so much better, if BD would stop making new content after the first basketball game is finally done, and focuses on the rework of the first chapter. With the new scenes, couple new characters and the new models of some characters, it could be like playing a new game with characters you kinda know. Especially if its been a while since you played it from the beginning.

But for right now, I am still waiting on the MindDrop which was announced for last Thursday. :ROFLMAO:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

I have yet to play a single interesting sandbox adult game.

If i want gameplay, i go somewhere else. I come here for the lewd stories, period

Sandbox elements ALWAYS come in detriment of story. ALWAYS. Because the Dev has to waste precious Dev time thinking of gameplay that it will 100% be dull, just clickng somewhere to go, and without even going to stupid stuff like grinding or locking events in certain time of the day

Sandbox adds nothing, removes immersion from the story, and reduces the time the Dev has to work on the important things and adult game should have: Story and Renders.

gholmes

Jun 7, 2017
Damn I remember when this game would get an update every month when it first came out :(
I saw a comment some time ago that I think might have hit the nail on the head.

Dev probably had most of the released content done beforehand, then released it bit by bit. Eventually running out of prepared content, and then he just couldn't keep up with what he made at the pace and fell apart.

3.70 star(s) 641 Votes