Oct 22, 2017
i dont know now but before he was pausing pledge if there was a delay, is still like this? as if this is the case i dont see any issue
I'm not a patreon anylonger so I'm not sure, but I don't think he pauses pledges any longer (correct me if I'm wrong).
He did, but some time back he posted that he needs the money he gets out of this pure hobby to finance his family. So I wouldn't bet on him pausing pledges.
So like he says - assume he doesn't and adjust your pledges accordingly.

Oct 22, 2017
I thought the rework was done a year ago and would be released in June/July.
Last I remember he said the rework was intended to be released beginning of this year, potentially around January.
That was a few delays back though - so most likely not before Q3 (assuming there are no further delays) ... :whistle:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I already gave BD a final chance, where with the whole "Mackenzie" thing, was willing to push aside my suspicians and see, but BD only lasted 2 updates before reverting back and making it hard to believe anything that comes from him (oh excuse me, Mackenzie). Now if everything that's happened and has been posted is true, than I fully apologize for the things I've said and will admit I was wrong.

Sadly, that's probably not the case and as we've all figured, it's all most likely bs to save face, which sucks because I did respect BD for a long time, where when he was active on here, even when he started having to delay updates, it was understandable. Now though, as what is most likely excuses keep on coming out, and how he ruined his last chance to regain our trust, there's just nothing left to do except laugh at any announcement until the next updates drop and he starts actually keeping his word and not only giving out 1-2 updates before some other "event" happens.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I'm not a patreon anylonger so I'm not sure, but I don't think he pauses pledges any longer (correct me if I'm wrong).
You are correct, this is what ultimately made me quit my pledge and lose patience with him. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because pausing a pledge when you don't hit your deadlines is a very good faith gesture, and is indicative of someone that is forcing themselves to be accountable if not now, then some point down the road.

But once he had a child, his rationale became "well now I'm taking food out of my family's mouth if I pause" which is not an incorrect or bad sentiment, but now you need to show that initiative that you were working so hard to build. Content slowed to a total crawl. He'd sit for weeks doing absolutely NOTHING visible, and then would write a War and Peace-length treatise on all the reasons he couldn't do anything. This isn't (just) me making fun of him - the posts were literally so long that if he had spent that time on working on something he could show (even in rough draft form) it would have been preferable. He'd write 20 paragraphs, delete it and write 20 more.

Now we're in season 3, where his prime focus is the ten thousand health issues that constantly plague him. At this point, I'd almost rather he quit, because if I take him at face value, this job is literally killing him. He's taken more sick days in the last month than I have in my entire life combined. This is why everyone assumes at this point that he's a fraud - who would live like this?

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Apparently not just BD and other milker devs, this communication guy (Mackenzie) also got hit by the storm and got knocked out the power.... Are those guys cursed or what wtfo_O
If you are going to bitch and moan at least learn to read

Mackenzie - She/Her
House she was AWAY from lost power (it seems to be near BD)
She was visiting family and had power but could not remotely connect to her home machine once her UPS died

Honestly though why is everyone acting like visiting family and storms are somehow super rare and unlikely in December.
You want to assume everything is a lie fine just say you hate him(and her) and think all he(and she) tells are lies. But going into some weird thing about "storms????! Unbelieveable!!" Is just more ridiculous than anything.

Same with all the "COVID?!?? No way, no one ever gets that!!"

It fine to simply choose to believe it is all lies but stop trying to make super dumb rationalizations about it.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

Mackenzie - She/Her
She was visiting family and had power but could not remotely connect to her home machine once her UPS died

Honestly though why is everyone acting like visiting family and storms are somehow super rare and unlikely in December.
You want to assume everything is a lie fine just say you hate him(and her) and think all he(and she) tells are lies. But going into some weird thing about "storms????! Unbelieveable!!" Is just more ridiculous than anything.

It fine to simply choose to believe it is all lies but stop trying to make super dumb rationalizations about it.
100% agreed.

Also, what is there to gain from it all? Even if they are lying, what does that changes? They probably have written this thread off. It will NOT make updates come sooner. Will NOT make BD work more or faster. Will NOT do anything about your frustrations/needs/wants. Instead of proving whatever you guys think you are proving, you are just making sure that we know you are annoying as hell.

He's lying? I don't care. Mackenzie isn't real? I don't care. He's milking subscribers? I don't care. He doesn't make updates when he promises? It's annoying, but, I don't care. He makes almost nothing for all the money he gets? CEO's are even worse, and, you got it, I don't care.

Anyone that really likes this game, doesn't really care. We'll play the updates when they come. That's it. The rest is of no consequence AT ALL. If I could say something to him, it would be to stop writing excuses. It doesn't solve anything, no one really cares and it only undermines his reputation. He wouldn't listen to me, but, that's what I would say.

The rest... the rest is all fugazzi...
fugazzi.gif

Peace :(

maxrevenge

Nov 24, 2020

Mackenzie - She/Her

Sorry officer, I'll never dare to bitch and moan, not after knowing you are patrolling on this thread.

Easylovin84

Jul 2, 2022
Yeah, generally when I first start a game I don't look into all of that. If the game is good then I go back and look into things like that. It isn't worth it to me to spend that much time looking into a game I may not even like. However, I did download the "incest path" last night and put it in the game folder(as always) and it changed nothing in that scene.
100% agreed.

Also, what is there to gain from it all? Even if they are lying, what does that changes? They probably have written this thread off. It will NOT make updates come sooner. Will NOT make BD work more or faster. Will NOT do anything about your frustrations/needs/wants. Instead of proving whatever you guys think you are proving, you are just making sure that we know you are annoying as hell.

He's lying? I don't care. Mackenzie isn't real? I don't care. He's milking subscribers? I don't care. He doesn't make updates when he promises? It's annoying, but, I don't care. He makes almost nothing for all the money he gets? CEO's are even worse, and, you got it, I don't care.

Anyone that really likes this game, doesn't really care. We'll play the updates when they come. That's it. The rest is of no consequence AT ALL. If I could say something to him, it would be to stop writing excuses. It doesn't solve anything, no one really cares and it only undermines his reputation. He wouldn't listen to me, but, that's what I would say.

The rest... the rest is all fugazzi...
View attachment 2307557

Peace :(
I would estimate that the people complaining in the thread are accomplishing about the same thing that you are shaming them for complaining, absolutely nothing. You are incorrect though, you say the negative posts Will NOT do anything about your frustrations/needs/wants. That is how some people take out their frustration, since from what I hear if you complain on his patreon or discord you just get banned.

I think personally the cast has gotten too big and the story no longer has any direction, and BD's mistake was actually giving the release dates. Had he never done that there would be no need for excuses either real or fake.

Hopefully at some point he will get the ship righted, but I guess like everything you said above you don't care :)

Last edited:

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
I think personally the cast has gotten too big and the story no longer has any direction, and BD's mistake was actually giving the release dates. Had he never done that there would be no need for excuses either real or fake.
I think this is a good point. The Light of My Life dev updates very infrequently, but because they actually honor the few release dates they give, it doesn't feel like an abandoned game. At least, not to me. Breaking your word is a bigger sin than not delivering in and of itself IMO.

shadowdude111

Apr 5, 2018

Mackenzie - She/Her

why would this person need to remote into a home desktop to access fucking patreon? you can do that from a phone or even from the laptop they claim to have had with them while visiting their family. patreon doesn't require some extra software to log into or to post an update, which is literally the minimum they could have done

it's stupid, poorly thought-out nonsense like that that's setting off people's bullshit detectors

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
Anyone that really likes this game, doesn't really care. We'll play the updates when they come.
Most people complaining do it because they like the game and realize with the way things are going now this game isn't likely to ever finish. I will say that i don't think bd is Mackenzie is the same person that does seem s little ridiculous.

• Angry
Reactions: 95er

Boehmi

Dec 11, 2017

Mackenzie - She/Her

I know its not what u mean, but as someone who lifes in Europe its kinda crazy that a Storm can disconncect u not only from the Interner but from the Power too :D

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 95er and hawk784563
Oct 22, 2017
Most people complaining do it because they like the game and realize with the way things are going now this game isn't likely to ever finish. I will say that i don't think bd is Mackenzie is the same person that does seem s little ridiculous.
I'm definitely in there somewhere.

Was a long-time Patron and pledged well over a year into his problems.
There were issues, sure - but BD had some credit left and paused pledges a lot.
So for me, it felt like paying for sick leave of a guy that seemed genuine, nice, and had that hard-working vibe from the beginning.

If there were some delays - didn't matter, I didn't lose (much) money. And if someone actually takes the risk to do this full-time, they should be able to get sick and have a vacation from time to time without not getting anymore money instantly. Paid sick leave and vacations are a great thing.

Then it all began to stretch out, but I kept at it because 'pausing pledges' and I still believed that while he might not be totally honest (with himself too) he really was still trying to get stuff out, so it was like staying with someone I liked in a time of need where I hoped he was able to get the help he needed and heal.

Then, after updates, parts, chunks, and glimpses (which I still understood - if you are a perfectionist and have psychological problems, just having done 2k renders doesn't help if you question what you did and try to fill out the puzzle in your head, leading to rework renders and therefore burning time without actually having more renders after - it might help to break down the amount of stuff you have left) came the point where he said to just release everything he had without going in circles and circles anymore trying to get it right and I was happy because it seemed like he had broken the spell and was going to show he was legit.

THEN came the announcement to do another poll about if he REALLY really should release stuff after it seemed he finally had made a final decision for himself and the promise was out there.
This time he again doubting himself at that level made me believe there would be no change in the foreseeable future and I was highly disappointed, deciding that paid sick leave has to have an end too. At some point, you should be able to pick yourself up again and continue in at least some capacity.

So I quit my pledge, intending to wait until he had like at least a hand full of successful updates under his belt before thinking about supporting him again.

In the meantime we had updates and I'm not even unhappy with DITLO, but there has not been one update without issues so far, the delays came back, and the updates actually worsened the content in some ways I already felt were turning the wrong way (duck faces everywhere and boobs/asses growing all the time, clients bleeding into the 'base' game)

So right now I'm not sure I would actually support him again if he managed those updates again - which with his current schedule (if there were no delays) would still need more than a year of uninterrupted work.

And some point that seems to grow every time I think about it. Him declaring this whole thing is a hobby when he confirmed he needs it to pay for his family's expenses. If you do something for a living it's no hobby. And you should handle it like that. (I thought he did, him declaring it a hobby was a real 'in my face' moment.)

Last edited:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
why would this person need to remote into a home desktop to access fucking patreon? you can do that from a phone or even from the laptop they claim to have had with them while visiting their family. patreon doesn't require some extra software to log into or to post an update, which is literally the minimum they could have done

it's stupid, poorly thought-out nonsense like that that's setting off people's bullshit detectors
This is the issue. The ultra long-winded nonsensical rationalization. It's also the exact same thing for the last 2+ years and textbook Braindrop.

He honestly just needs to review his posts before he puts them up, and when there is a wall of text like that, just delete it and replace it with "Update coming when I can get it out".

Using Trello or some other visual indicator of progress would be awesome also, and maybe actually help Braindrop stay on task to get updates completed.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 641 Votes