truc94

Jun 9, 2018
I have yet to play a single interesting sandbox adult game.

If i want gameplay, i go somewhere else. I come here for the lewd stories, period

Sandbox elements ALWAYS come in detriment of story. ALWAYS. Because the Dev has to waste precious Dev time thinking of gameplay that it will 100% be dull, just clickng somewhere to go, and without even going to stupid stuff like grinding or locking events in certain time of the day

Sandbox adds nothing, removes immersion from the story, and reduces the time the Dev has to work on the important things and adult game should have: Story and Renders.
Much agree. Being a DIK is one of the best game so far if not the best, but those "free-roam" parts are the worst parts of all.

It's long, it's tedious, and it brakes the story flow.

I would much prefer to have a list of places to go or characters to see than to "look for them" on a map or in statics scenes.

So regarding gameplay, I'm quite happy with WVM.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Much agree. Being a DIK is one of the best game so far if not the best, but those "free-roam" parts are the worst parts of all.

It's long, it's tedious, and it brakes the story flow.

I would much prefer to have a list of places to go or characters to see than to "look for them" on a map or in statics scenes.

So regarding gameplay, I'm quite happy with WVM.
Sandbox games also add pointless trial and error to pad the runtime. One of my least favorite things, to the degree that I will start a game and if after the intro it becomes a sandbox, I just stop playing.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Sandbox games also add pointless trial and error to pad the runtime. One of my least favorite things, to the degree that I will start a game and if after the intro it becomes a sandbox, I just stop playing.
I also have abandoned games because i start them, they start as a VN, and then all of the sudden they change into a sandbox

Oct 22, 2017
i disagree, making it a sandbox would help the game alot. i think you are confusing bad sandbox games. that either dont make use of its gameplay, or force terrible grinding.

Like i said already, to me, it would fix the problem with the amount of girls, as it would give each of them a better pacing. and a road to develop them(and the story).

and i highly doubt the game would be worse than it already is. with this directionless, kinetic novel just keep the button held to progress.
While I dislike sandboxes, I freely admit that it is because most of them are bad.

The thing is though - sandboxes mostly aren't that story heavy - which WVM wants to be.
If it succeeds is subjective, but for one coherent story, a sandbox used to separate the girls and progress them independently does not help at all.
And then - if all those girls were independent of each other, each of them would be an island - combining them would be much more difficult. Not impossible, but it would contradict the idea of separating them to be able to develop them without strings attached.
And if I hate anything more than (bad) sandboxes, it is a (non) story, that just is 5 stories in one, where you pursue '5' completely isolated girls, and they never even meet.

Also, while there were slivers of an approach to only lewd a select few girls in the beginning (where you had to answer in school which girls you wanted to pursue), that's not a viable option anymore - imagine a cast of 50+ girls (and growing, rapidly!!), where you had to render each variation of LIs. Just putting them all in your harem is much better to handle (if there were actual content handling them ...).

Reactions: CircaAD

ashkar666

Sep 26, 2018
I just want a clarification please, I haven't played since v0.09, I understand that the new season 2 download includes everything from the start of the game up through the latest update, but I wanted to be sure, is anything changed in the story or images BEFORE where the new season 2 content starts?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I just want a clarification please, I haven't played since v0.09, I understand that the new season 2 download includes everything from the start of the game up through the latest update, but I wanted to be sure, is anything changed in the story or images BEFORE where the new season 2 content starts?
In theory, yes. The first season is supposed to be rewritten to be 30 days in length instead of 10, however in actuality that hasn't happened yet(probably won't either).

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
As Phoexist said, no new content/change for what you played so far... but S2 basically happens as if the changes were in place already. So new characters who you should meet in the rework the first time around are there, but we know nothing about them.

So you either have to bite the bullet and just brush some characters aside as "I will know more later, probably", or waiting for the rework to drop (let's not go into when and stuff like these).

Reactions: hawk784563

ashkar666

Sep 26, 2018
Ok, thanks.
I'm assuming by who knows when it means wich update it will happen is unknown, and not just we don't know when the next update will drop, right?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Hello everyone, I (Mackenzie) am back.

Our goal with this Mind Drop is to announce the release date for the remainder of Day 32 as well as go over a few things.

We will also be quickly explaining what transpired over the past 1.5 months.

Let's start with the release date.

This will be a tiered release but it will be sped up due to the amount of delays.
(Available to all tiers as well as former patrons via Discord due to earlier promises)

HoF/MVP tier: January 26th 2PM EST
All Star: January 26th 6PM EST
Starter: January 26th 10PM EST
Sixth Man: January 27th 10AM EST
Bench Warmer: January 27th 2PM EST
Fan: January 27th 6PM EST
Former Patrons: January 27th 10PM EST
(We have chosen these days and times due to our personal schedules for this month.)

Side Content will resume after the update and after any potentially necessary bug fixes.

Though Rachael's Client polls will be resuming starting this upcoming Monday.

Dates for further side content will be published in the next Mind Drop that is planned for January 25th.

For those curious about the communication breakdown...

Before Braindrop hired me I had made it clear that I needed to have time off for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas. I had not been able to see most of my family since before Covid and this was my first opportunity to see them.

We had planned around this, I intended to work when I could by remote connecting into my home computer from my laptop, sadly not very long after I left my home town had really bad storms that knocked my power out long enough to drain my UPS. There was no one that I trusted enough to give access to my house when I wasn't there so there was no way for me to connect in.
(Due to how we have things set up, there was no way to log in via other devices without Braindrop being at home.)

I also received very few updates about Braindrop's condition, when I said I was going to return home for a week or two between Thanksgiving and Christmas he told me to go ahead and stay since we would be unable to accomplish much with the state he was in.
(For those unaware, Braindrop caught the flu then had an appendectomy that had complications. He is still recovering from the appendectomy as well as having pneumonia though he is doing much better and is mostly back to his normal life.)

When I returned we instantly started picking up the pieces together and planning out what we would do next.
We decided to wait a little and make sure the dates we picked would be completely solid for both of us.
We have also planned out a lot of what is to come. Things will be changing after this release but that will be talked about after the update.

One more thing we'd like to address is people being upset that we delete posts.

We only delete unscheduled out of ordinary posts such as the last few posted by Braindrop because they're usually delay announcements that we let go mostly unmoderated.
Their information is usually out of date by the recent posts and they caused confusion in the past by being left up.
We do not delete scheduled posts like Mind Drops and Side content.

That is all we have to share for today.
We will see you guys on Monday for the client poll and the next Mind Drop will be on the 25th.

Thanks for reading and thank you for the continued patience.
- Braindrop & Mackenzie

Dankmemer

Jul 15, 2017

When I returned we instantly started picking up the pieces together and planning out what we would do next.
We decided to wait a little and make sure the dates we picked would be completely solid for both of us.
We have also planned out a lot of what is to come. Things will be changing after this release but that will be talked about after the update.

- Braindrop & Mackenzie
It takes a month for this, to pick a release date for a delayed update, and then another "things will be changing" post to come after this.

Thats the next 3 months of excuses already there, changes coming btw.

And not being able to login is another excuse, but it doesn't matter, Mackenzie+Braindrop is the same person anyway.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022

Our goal with this Mind Drop is to announce the release date for the remainder of Day 32 as well as go over a few things.

This will be a tiered release but it will be sped up due to the amount of delays.
(Available to all tiers as well as former patrons via Discord due to earlier promises)

(We have chosen these days and times due to our personal schedules for this month.)

Side Content will resume after the update and after any potentially necessary bug fixes.

Dates for further side content will be published in the next Mind Drop that is planned for January 25th.

Before Braindrop hired me I had made it clear that I needed to have time off for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas. I had not been able to see most of my family since before Covid and this was my first opportunity to see them.

We had planned around this, I intended to work when I could by remote connecting into my home computer from my laptop, sadly not very long after I left my home town had really bad storms that knocked my power out long enough to drain my UPS. There was no one that I trusted enough to give access to my house when I wasn't there so there was no way for me to connect in.
(Due to how we have things set up, there was no way to log in via other devices without Braindrop being at home.)

I also received very few updates about Braindrop's condition, when I said I was going to return home for a week or two between Thanksgiving and Christmas he told me to go ahead and stay since we would be unable to accomplish much with the state he was in.
(For those unaware, Braindrop caught the flu then had an appendectomy that had complications. He is still recovering from the appendectomy as well as having pneumonia though he is doing much better and is mostly back to his normal life.)

We only delete unscheduled out of ordinary posts such as the last few posted by Braindrop because they're usually delay announcements that we let go mostly unmoderated.
Their information is usually out of date by the recent posts and they caused confusion in the past by being left up.

We will see you guys on Monday for the client poll and the next Mind Drop will be on the 25th.

- Braindrop & Mackenzie
I was taught that when you have nothing good to say it's better to say nothing at all.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022

- Braindrop & Mackenzie
Thanks mate.

Only thing I feel like saying is: Let's wait and see.

Peace :)

allosa

Sep 6, 2018
i dont know now but before he was pausing pledge if there was a delay, is still like this? as if this is the case i dont see any issue

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
i dont know now but before he was pausing pledge if there was a delay, is still like this? as if this is the case i dont see any issue
I'm not a patreon anylonger so I'm not sure, but I don't think he pauses pledges any longer (correct me if I'm wrong).

Reactions: henry hopkin
3.70 star(s) 641 Votes