Xmoe22

Mar 26, 2022
So when he said 15 - 20 for the next update he meant 20th of march ( if we're lucky) , it is a habit to keep radio silent till the deadline to say something nowadays (mostly excuses)
Not much of building the trust back at this point the trust going down hill

RushCard

Mar 21, 2019
Kinda late to the party.
I think I played late last year when Season 2 came out and Season one was being reworked(?)
Season 2 episode made no sense because it didn't connect to where it ended in the first season I played.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. Now there's more episodes in season 2, does that mean the Season 1 rewrite is done?

RushCard

Mar 21, 2019
No, it's not done and likely won't be this year
Thanks for the response. Curious, is there like a "story so far" that BD provided to bridge the changes. As it is now it's weird. Suddenly MC gets groped and isn't allowed to talk to girls, I was very confused

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Thanks for the response. Curious, is there like a "story so far" that BD provided to bridge the changes. As it is now it's weird. Suddenly MC gets groped and isn't allowed to talk to girls, I was very confused
No, the original plan was to have the rework out right around now so BD never bothered for a short explanation like that.

jasonjj90

Feb 9, 2018
I'm of the same opinion. The part that really annoys me, is that every day, I come back to this thread only to find a few more thread pages of toxicity aimed at BD, so any real updates (reposts from Patreon) get missed entirely. Given that this thread has grown to 2732 pages at this point, I would estimate 90-95% of these posts/pages are toxic-laden critiques of BD's behavior and lack of updates. No wonder BD stopped posting here.

And I don't care if you think Mackenzie is a real person or a fictional character created as a "buffer" against the crowd, and unless there's hard evidence of either (not speculation), I'm going to assume this is a real person.

If the newest update comes, great, I'll play it. If it doesn't, I have hundreds of other updated VNs/games to take up my time until the update comes along.

If you're supporting BD on Patreon or Subscribestar, and you're still in the critical crowd, nobody's forcing you to support BD with money. Just drop your subscription/membership until you feel comfortable giving them money again. Take it as a lesson learned and a loss for now.

If you're NOT giving BD any money, just drop it. You've probably already said your thing countless times already. You're complaining about something you're getting for free, and that you have to wait to get more of it for free. Just wait for it. It comes out when it comes out. If you keep complaining, you're just adding to the noise at this point.
This is not a Fanpage where only Positive critics can make themselves clear. BD has been deleting critical posts from his own pages contantly so it is hard to understand for new potential supporters to know what happend with the game the last couple of years. As much as you may hate it. If a lot of people are saying it, it is worth knowing for new players. So they know to think twice about supporting this dev.

I very much dislike your positive opinion on this topic, but that doesn't mean you have no right to post it. You should give us that same respect instead of immediatly bashing other peoples opinions.

derpmcderp

May 30, 2020
Toxic comments in this thread, on his Patreon/Subscribestar, and on his Discord usually don't help; BD knows people are talking shit about him, and that puts another strain on his mental health, which is what I assume is one of the main reasons Mackenzie came into the picture, as an attempt to have a virtual buffer, so BD could focus more on getting mentally better, as well as work on WVM and promised perks to each subscriber tier with less direct pressure.
We are not here to help BD with his mental health. We are here to have fun pointing out his never ending bad faith actions and lies. The thing people like you do not yet understand, but may with time, is that there was a time where we all sounded like you and not like us. If BD hadn't deleted half of his Patreon posts, you could easily see my comments and verify this.

Trust me, if it were up to me, none of this would have happened as it has. But that's not up to me, it's up to BD. He has had literally years worth of opportunities to turn this behavior around. Instead he's lied and lied and lied and lied for years now, and the next post we hear from him is going to be more of the same because he has made no effort to actually address or change his behavior. He lies as he apologizes for lying. He thanks people as he bans them. He charges people as he tells them he won't. He sets dates that do not move and then they move. His finalities are all conditional, and wouldn't you know it, we bat 98% on the condition happening.

I try not to be a cynical person. I have given more fair criticisms and constructive suggestions than rib kicks when frankly he has only deserved the latter. And I try to be a very forgiving person too. But you don't forgive someone until they stop doing the thing you're forgiving them for. He's not sorry. He feeds off of your empathy. It's not obvious to you now because you're taking him at his word and treating him in good faith. But wait another year or two and see how you feel then. Because at that point you will see the pattern repeat itself a few times. A sorry person would make adjustments or changes. Look at what he spends his energy on. He writes 40 paragraph essays about how it will be different now, over and over and over.

But regardless whether you see it or not, telling people who feel robbed by this person to just stop complaining and move on is pointless. They either already have or aren't going to just because you don't like it.

Nov 12, 2021
Mrs Mackbrain, where the full update you were going to release if Scamdrop didn't drop it himself ?

Probably your dog boyfriend wife sister in law who ate your hardrive with the update on it, fucking dog man

jayPitt412

Jan 21, 2020
And that's where the toxic part comes in. BD comes with an excuse, 20+ people pile on to laugh and make toxic comments about why BD is a terrible person for making excuses. Like I said, if you're tired of the excuses, stop paying money to him, and move on to something else.

I don't consider myself a simp, but reading all the toxic comments is getting tiring. The "anti-fan" crowd, you might say. Also, roasting someone is only funny if the target is receptive of being roasted. Otherwise, it's just bullying with a different name.

I think it's more like he didn't think it properly through. I imagine he had a rough outline of what he wanted to happen, but miscalculated how much time it might take out of the day (both in the story and the time it would take to render and code everything that was going to happen). Also, as time went on, he probably realized that too much was happening in just the span of less than the first couple of weeks, which is likely the reason for remaking the story to stretch out the time span (fewer things happening all at once).

I think it's more like BD put out updates so often when he had less going on in his life, and powered on through. Eventually, real life and stress is going to catch up with you, along with the fact (I assume) of what happened with his family life, and he didn't handle that well. As stress in your job piles on (which is essentially what WVM became for BD), you get less motivated to actually do work, but doing less work is also a strain on your conscience, since to feel an obligation to meet the goals of your paying fans/supporters. Failing to meet those goals puts more stress on you and a further strain on your conscience, and it becomes a vicious circle.

Toxic comments in this thread, on his Patreon/Subscribestar, and on his Discord usually don't help; BD knows people are talking shit about him, and that puts another strain on his mental health, which is what I assume is one of the main reasons Mackenzie came into the picture, as an attempt to have a virtual buffer, so BD could focus more on getting mentally better, as well as work on WVM and promised perks to each subscriber tier with less direct pressure.
So by "toxic remarks" you mean the brutal truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes the snowflakes and soy boys call it toxic. Oh well

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
Amidst all the complaints and simping, I'm going to ask a simple question.

Is there anything worthy of busting a nut to in this VN?

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
So by "toxic remarks" you mean the brutal truth. Sometimes the truth hurts and sometimes the snowflakes and soy boys call it toxic. Oh well
Brutal truth? Most comments I've seen around here speak about BD as if he's a garbage person, as if he had deliberately swindled thousands of people, leading them on, and then run away with their money.

I'm just saying BD took on a development cycle early on that turned out to be unsustainable in the long run, yet people expect him to stick to the unsustainable cycle, no matter the strain on his physical and mental health.

Also, if being a decent human being, and treating people with some common human decency is comparable to being a "snowflake" and/or a "soy boy", there's something terribly wrong with the world...

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I'm just saying BD took on a development cycle early on that turned out to be unsustainable in the long run, yet people expect him to stick to the unsustainable cycle, no matter the strain on his physical and mental health.
What are you talking about? People are sick and tired of him constantly failing to meet his own deadlines. The original release date for the content we just got half of was November ~19 of last year. It's now four months later and we get 1200 of the 2500 renders. Him deleting patreon posts with release date information is also sketchy as hell. No one expects weekly releases anymore, but we do expect releases, not excuses...

Sep 16, 2021
Brutal truth? Most comments I've seen around here speak about BD as if he's a garbage person, as if he had deliberately swindled thousands of people, leading them on, and then run away with their money.

Also, if being a decent human being, and treating people with some common human decency is comparable to being a "snowflake" and/or a "soy boy", there's something terribly wrong with the world...
honestly i don't know if you're incredulous or just ignorant at this point

or maybe you're just BD himself, or one of his drones trying to drum up sympathy for a lying manipulative conman

yangjuelek

Oct 8, 2018
Whats the canon for shauna? Fem or trans?
Also if we chose fem, does the other trans character turn fem and vice versa?

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Whats the canon for shauna? Fem or trans?
Also if we chose fem, does the other trans character turn fem and vice versa?
the only other character that I know is trans in game is sky. More might be added but we will have to wait and see. As for them turning fem and vice versa no clue. Have to see what the Dev does

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes