Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
You might want to work on your observation and reading comprehension. Chapter 4 and 5 were supposed to be the same update, but it got split into several parts despite Patrons voting against it. I guess it looks like a positive to see back to back updates, even if it still less than what was promised, as a single update going back to November (and beyond).

It's amazing how quickly the 2400+ render update "Mackenzie" "had to release" a month ago is forgotten, but instead there we get a 1200+ render update followed by a missing 767 render update...and the remaining part is now delayed until...who knows when. Maybe it will be carved up into the "weekly updates" starting in April...
This will happen 100%. He even said that there will be no update until these weekly drops, and even then it will be like 2-300 renders, so literally, the missing parts will be the april weekly stuff (if those happen consistently... but we all know that we have to take his words with a grain of salt).

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017
Let him prove he keeps doing what you like for say a hand full of updates in a row - or at least half a year. If the keeps his word and you are happy enough with the ever-changing models, (non)story, and other stuff, only then give him money - not in advance.
And THIS is the so often mentioned problem BD poses for other devs.
Because normally you would expect a VN to mostly continue on in the way it started. It's easy to say 'If you don't like duck faces, then don't support him'.
Problem is, there were almost none of them in the beginning when I did support him. And even when there were very few - I'm not doing my own game, you have to compromise, as most stuff won't be exactly 100% to your liking.
But after pledging a lot of money, in case of some people hundreds of $, changing the way of your game this dramatically ...

It makes people weary of new games - how can you estimate what is to come from a first mini-demo? You really can't.
But if everyone said 'we'll estimate your game for the next 10 updates first to be sure you are doing what you claim to be doing' before supporting it, unless it is a total passion project that most likely will get only very small or drawn out updates due to at least time constraints, it is very likely to get abandoned because of lack of support.

And to then see BD getting the money he gets for mostly hindering other VNs - doesn't make one more fond of him.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
Jesus christ the guy needs to get his ego out of the drivers seat because even when he *does* release something, he's quadrupling down on every dumb decision he's ever made because people told him they didn't like it.

One can only hope that the patrons that are left dump this like the sack of shit it has became. What a waste, it had a lot of promise in the beginning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
So I am assuming we will not get an update today but what did he say exactly? I was kinda lost in that wall of text he gave us. Just please no jokes. I want to know what he said.

SidL05

Feb 8, 2021
So I am assuming we will not get an update today but what did he say exactly? I was kinda lost in that wall of text he gave us. Just please no jokes. I want to know what he said.
He said he cant do big updates anymore so he will be releasing the 3rd chunk (1000 renders) in the month of april as weekly updates of 200-300 renders.

Rick_Sim

Dec 19, 2022
There are plausible, important things or happenings that cause delays, "I had a delay because:"
  • My wife gave birth to my child
  • I have personal things going on
  • I had a death in my family
  • etc.
These things do come up, and are perfectly understandable. Things like this do not happen often, and usually only happen 1-2 times a year, if at all.

The issue with Braindrop is:

1. The sheer amount of holdups he has, more than any AVN maker or human I know of! From serious, to questionable, to downright blatant lies.

2. The blatant lies: "I was up 50-70 hours, working tirelessly to bring this update to you guys!" Yet, he was available on Patreon, where he is paid and wants to keep up his PR. But even then, there were long periods of radio silence, means he was sleeping and doing other life functions. The mysterious Mackenzie, who also seems to have tons of issues which also cause him hold ups. Once you keep delivering excuses instead of results, even if new and real events happen, you always have a huge doubt on how legitimate those claims are.

3. You can also question: "Hey, if you were working so hard on this update, which was allegedly given to Mackenzie months ago and already done, how did you have time to be on Patreon so often and work on the update? "

"Why was there so much work to do where it took almost 70 hours when this update was done already a while back?"

"Why was the update so much different than what was promised?"

"Why did you wait until the day before to start packaging this update, but if it was given to Mackenzie, it should have already been packaged?"

4. The contrarian ways. You complain about something, you get it more than before and it ends up being the "new normal for WVM". Black boxes, duck faces, and now that we are complaining of the Big T and A on the new girls, I am sure that will be the new normal as well.

5. You are only as good as your word, and when the word comes from you and you constantly use excuses instead of meeting deadlines and including what was promised (this update is 4 months late, and has 2/10 of what it was supposed to have, and not too many are impressed with it!)

6. His defenders, alway question why we complain and do what we do, instead of questioning why he does what he does! The best part is, they even acknowledge problems and also show disbelief in his excuses (as an added WTF).

7. No presence here (allegedly). This is almost as believable as his excuses.

So whoever questions our negativity, you need to question Braindrop on why he gives people so many reasons to either get pissed off at him, get incredulous because of all the blatant BS he feeds everyone on a constant basis, or get frustrated and want to quit playing WVM.

Respect and trust are earned, he has done everything he can to lose both and it happens to a lot of people when they come from nothing and suddenly get to be wealthy, or at least wealthier. If he is getting $50,000 a year, that could double his income and is as much as some starter college degree jobs here in the US and higher than most other jobs start at.

I think Dr. PinkCake from Being A Dik is a little full of himself, but he does what he says and is making way more money than BD (likely the most successful AVN maker thus far).

RJ Rhodes from Come Home is likely doing better than Braindrop, yet keeps releasing update after update and meets deadlines she sets.

Undergrad Steve from College Kings 1 and 2 has made mistakes, but owned up to them and has been constantly updating his products and releasing new content. I am sure he is doing better than BD as well.

The difference is, they are working on their products and mostly meeting their deadlines, despite their success. No black boxes, no "You hate it, well enjoy more of it". This was no all inclusive list, of course, but the point is the developer is responsible for their product, blaming criticism for delays is bullshit because there always will be trolls and people who are not happy with the products.

The only person who can fix this is Braindrop, but I am afraid he appears too far gone to change now. If he does change, it will only be because his support and money will dry up and he would be forced to regroup to get fans back. Sad, really but this is what happens when success fills your head instead of your product and fans.

Last edited:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
don't mind the short updates, but wish Braindrop would focus more on the story rather than having mc add every girl he meets to his harem. the story is just too bogged down by too many girls jumpin on mc's dick and him going, what the hell..i'll knock up so many girls i will be able to create my own basketball league out of my own kids when i retire..

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
My friend, I advise you to do what I do when it comes to this game: ignore the schedule. Don't just expect it to be delayed: just ignore it completely. There will be updates. At some time. Just don't create expectations.
oh i know how it works with BD, just asking if i didnt miss anything :D

Faith04

Jan 8, 2022
Im sorry but.... wtf is happening here ?
A fight just broke out and suddenly chicks are running at MC to get some ? Am i getting this right ? What are they, neanderthals ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:WaitWhat:
It's the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time in a visual novel. After the "black box MC".

Next update will be like this:

images.jpg

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
Lord above, I have never seen someone so hellbent on killing their own Golden Goose. Delays, duckface, bimbofication, and now scene jarring black box face. My guy is trying to collect rent while burning down the house. WTH?
not to mention Shauna. I'm worried that she'll never progress with her dick. it feels like Braindrop made it a point of saying that it won't happen about 3 times here.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023
if you look at the last delay for an update in january and the date BD set to the 23th of March,and if you look at that time period between that two dates it is probably exact the time he needed to throw this 767 Renders update together,and looking at the work behind that now and how that all looks now it confirms to me that he had trown this update together in a haste.
looking at some of the girls say it all,and honestly 70 Hours without sleep??????

as long as he believes it going on almost 3 days without sleep with a wife and a child???

i myself had sometimes a period without sleep after a loooong nightshift at my FULLTIME job for like 30 Hours but that was it after that i was dead meat ^^
about 15 years, for me.

• Sad
Reactions: atomicp
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes