Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Just curious, but by what metric has he exceeded his goal? His goal was 52 updates in 52 weeks. He failed his 1 weekly update goal almost immediately, and the first few weeks were using a backlog of prior work.
It's been 117 days since I started 52/52. I set the goal back then of releasing 100 renders a week.
That means to be on pace with that goal I'd need to have released 1671 renders at this moment.
And with the last release, we're currently at 1691 renders and 55 animations.
That's not including what will be in this upcoming beta that's already been made or a batch of renders from some scenes that I've pushed later in the timeline.
I'm no math genius. But 1691 renders > 1671 renders.

And here you are, still waiting for each update despite this deplorable record. You could be doing anything else. Writing about any other visual novel that you don't seem to have a problem with. But here you are. I wonder how many accounts you've created and had closed? Or is this account you use just to troll WVM?

Astrocreep137

Aug 3, 2022
I'm no math genius. But 1691 renders > 1671 renders.

And here you are, still waiting for each update despite this deplorable record. You could be doing anything else. Writing about any other visual novel that you don't seem to have a problem with. But here you are. I wonder how many accounts you've created and had closed? Or is this account you use just to troll WVM?
I'm no math genius either but 52/52 has not been achieved and it won't happen at this point. Pretty sure we all know basic math same as you. He clearly missed that mark and continues to miss that mark. 20 renders over, while it technically surpasses his goal, was simply a happy accident because he couldn't leave an ending hanging in mid-conversation. So, yes, technically he produced more renders than he projected. For once he was ahead, but still behind on release dates.

He should come clean and admit (he won't) his proposed schedule is not feasible and that he needs to set a more realistic expectation, both for himself and those who play this AVN. Perhaps not having a schedule at all? Announcing a release date once he has a completed product ready to release like most any reputable developer would do. That relieves the pressure on him and the expectations of the players.

I wish McKenzie had been a real human being. A production manager, because that's what he needs. He needs someone to hold him to his schedule and realistic expectations on what he can and cannot provide based on that schedule. That's really the crux of the situation here. It always has been. He's never been able to adhere to his own proposed schedule. All that anyone complaining wants is for him to do what he says he's going to do (and maybe less duck faces). No one is making that schedule up but him.

All of the above reasons are why people complain. You know why they complain? Because they like the game. They are entrusting that the person creating it, who is giving them their word that releases will happen on a schedule, set by him, happen on that schedule. When they don't happen, it is a disappointment. It's a disappointment because it was something they were looking forward to that was delayed. If it happens occasionally, that's understandable. Real life happens (some people can't accept this). When it becomes a predictable pattern, so much so that it becomes a running joke, he has no one else to blame but himself. The comments then ensue and as unfortunate as it is, they are well earned.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
BTW, why does every developer feel the need to have a character with heterochromia?
Approximately 1% of the world population have some form of hetrochromia. The world population of redheads is less than 2%. Considering the prevalence of red hair in AVNs, you'd be better suited to bitch about that.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Approximately 1% of the world population have some form of hetrochromia. The world population of redheads is less than 2%. Considering the prevalence of red hair in AVNs, you'd be better suited to bitch about that.
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darodrigues

Jul 18, 2023
Hello! I've been loving the game, and didn't end it yet, but I have a question that's bugging me... After the pool party, on the next morning there are some things coming out of nowhere, and I don't understand if it's something I've done to have missed them... For example, i walk into granny's restaurant as if she knew me and i didn't meet her, i find out the new headmaster of the school but i wasn't told about that, i talk to a girl on the corridor and find out i wasn't supposed to because there had been some incident before and there are rules about that, I go to practice and there's a new coach that I'm supposed to know from before, but never saw her... It was all OK up to that point, and i thought I've always chosen the options for full content... this is all in the first day after the pool party... where did i mess up?

Reactions: Benign Sin

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
Hello! I've been loving the game, and didn't end it yet, but I have a question that's bugging me... After the pool party, on the next morning there are some things coming out of nowhere, and I don't understand if it's something I've done to have missed them... For example, i walk into granny's restaurant as if she knew me and i didn't meet her, i find out the new headmaster of the school but i wasn't told about that, i talk to a girl on the corridor and find out i wasn't supposed to because there had been some incident before and there are rules about that, I go to practice and there's a new coach that I'm supposed to know from before, but never saw her... It was all OK up to that point, and i thought I've always chosen the options for full content... this is all in the first day after the pool party... where did i mess up?
Nothing. Because at first the timing is bad written, in fact, between every "game-day" that you see, there should be some in-between days off-screen where the MC meets and knows people that later are presented to us (the player).

darodrigues

Jul 18, 2023
Nothing. Because at first the timing is bad written, in fact, between every "game-day" that you see, there should be some in-between days off-screen where the MC meets and knows people that later are presented to us (the player).
Thanks! I stopped going further to see if I needed to go back and do something differently, but in that case i'll just go on then, and figure out what goes ahead :)

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
Thanks! I stopped going further to see if I needed to go back and do something differently, but in that case i'll just go on then, and figure out what goes ahead :)
dev is remaking earlier days of the game or something, that's why some character acts as if we knew them.

_doodle_

Dec 11, 2022
do our saves stay for each update? if i play up to the end point now, will i be able to load my last save point when the next update comes out?

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes