Mcknobz33

Dec 29, 2017
I used to facepalm for frustration news. Now i just use haha's.

I have proposition for the mods or admins. Reset this thread view count and no more new believer/follower for brainshit. This will help beneficial to both ways. Perhaps if he gets hit by wallet maybe he'll start to own it and acting like it.
Hear, hear

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
I honestly don't understand why people are pissy with the release dates being far from each other if they apparently think this game is dumb. you're literally on a site that lets you play the game for free....you have no right to be an entitled little shit if you aren't part of the Patreon and if you hate it so much why are you crying about the release date? shut up and cry into your cum sock, you absolute troglodytes.
They hate this and cry about that yet still keep coming back to check for updates... THE FREE FUCKIN UPDATES!!!!
Which I might add they enjoy soooo much up till now and get all salty when they can't wait to get their fap fix from their favourite VN!!!!
Yes I admit that his releases are slow....maybe real slow but still moving.... As far as I'm concerned he's got no right to give excuses to no-one but the paying customers... Sometimes I think he just trolls the whole thread for entertainment...
For me its a plus as I enjoy the weird game as well as the horny masses that pass through the tread... When I'm feeling down I visit this thread and laugh my fuckin ass off to the comments

pecard255

Mar 28, 2020
They hate this and cry about that yet still keep coming back to check for updates... THE FREE FUCKIN UPDATES!!!!
Which I might add they enjoy soooo much up till now and get all salty when they can't wait to get their fap fix from their favourite VN!!!!
Yes I admit that his releases are slow....maybe real slow but still moving.... As far as I'm concerned he's got no right to give excuses to no-one but the paying customers... Sometimes I think he just trolls the whole thread for entertainment...
For me its a plus as I enjoy the weird game as well as the horny masses that pass through the tread... When I'm feeling down I visit this thread and laugh my fuckin ass off to the comments
I think it all comes down to telling the truth.
Brainfart is the poster child for bullshitting people.
People would prefer the truth whatever it is.

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
Yeah, because people here aren't and weren't paying him? Do you know how many people here have been banned for asking basic rudimentary questions like "How is development going" off the WVM's Patreon? This dude has been caught lying, Has Straight up, made up people to act on behave of him, And has tried to hide evidence of every doing so but yea, Everyone else here who takes issue with the BS is weird/salty/fap hungry? ( bro games come out every day here that are leaps and bounds better then this shit like, what?) for holding buddy accountable ok my guy, sit down.

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
Listen, GoldiLoxxx, no matter how hard you simp for him, BD isn't going to fuck you. Sorry bro.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I honestly don't understand why people are pissy with the release dates being far from each other if they apparently think this game is dumb. you're literally on a site that lets you play the game for free....you have no right to be an entitled little shit if you aren't part of the Patreon and if you hate it so much why are you crying about the release date? shut up and cry into your cum sock, you absolute troglodytes.
The fact that you think everyone is upset about the release date just goes to show that you have no idea what is going on here!

No one cares about the time between updates, or at least they care very little. There are a number of Games that only release every 6 months and very few people whine about it. The same would be true of this game if the dev would actually hit the deadline that HE provides. That's what people are upset over, the constant promise of the next update on a specific date followed by no update, and just a string of excuses followed by another promise soon to be broken.

As for getting things free on a pirate site. Whatever! Once again, the complaints aren't about the game so much as they are about the behavior of the developer.

I am a Developer. Want to know my thoughts about this Pirate site? I uploaded my game here! I want people to experiance it.

Oh, and about your "no right if you aren't part of Patreon" comment, just so you know, I was one of his supporters, about 3 years ago I finally got feed up with the excuses and quit supporting him. Glad i did too, because the content since I left has been minimum. In the same amount of time Drifty completed LOF and Stone Fox Studios is almost done with Chasing Sunsets! That's why I support them now instead.

But I did support Braindrop for a time. That's one of the reasons I still check this thread. I'm hoping to eventually get my money's worth out of him!

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
It's so weird that he keeps up setting deadlines when he knows that he misses most of them. If I were in his shoes, I would only give any release date when all the renders and animations were 100% finished and most of the code was done. Even then I think at this point he would somehow still miss the deadline.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
How much content there is in the game now? I remember this was one of the first VN's I played, and can't quite remember how much time it took back then to go though it, but since it's taking so long to be completed, wanted to know if it is a very slow development or very long game?

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
It's so weird that he keeps up setting deadlines when he knows that he misses most of them. If I were in his shoes, I would only give any release date when all the renders and animations were 100% finished and most of the code was done. Even then I think at this point he would somehow still miss the deadline.
To be honest, I don't think he should set a date until it is ready to ship. Hell, wait until it is uploaded and all he has to do his share the link... THEN he can set a date. Any other time he has screwed it up and missed the date. (including his supposed issues with being able to upload).

I can only hope that one of these days, his patrons finally give up on him, and he gets the reality check he needs, and starts being honest.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Exactly!

With the first release of my game, I didn't give any specific date until I knew for sure. Before that, the closest that I gave was at the first of the month I said it would be that month, and even then it was still 3 weeks. (some of that was because I gave the game to Sancho before it came out so that his mod was ready the second the game thread came live that way it had a Sancho mod on the front page from day one.)

Looks like I learned at least one thing from Braindrop... not to lie about release dates.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
How much content there is in the game now? I remember this was one of the first VN's I played, and can't quite remember how much time it took back then to go though it, but since it's taking so long to be completed, wanted to know if it is a very slow development or very long game?
It is painfully slow development. There is a decent chunk of content to go through, most of it is reasonably well done. But releases are hard to come by, with tons of excuses why it's late.... if you enjoy some side drama, just his excuses are worth sticking around for.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
It is painfully slow development. There is a decent chunk of content to go through, most of it is reasonably well done. But releases are hard to come by, with tons of excuses why it's late.... if you enjoy some side drama, just his excuses are worth sticking around for.
Well, I at least hope the game will eventually be completed, now that I know it's slow development, I'm just going to wait until it's finished, it triggers me to not know the end of a story and have little peeks of content, so best for me is to keep myself out until the completed tag comes, or (let's hope not) the abandoned tag comes and I just unwatch it xD

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
the thing about that is he sets deadlines to keep the paypigs. I paid to play not the other way around I wasn't burning money every month to hear a violin story you drop an update you earn a sub for the month that's how I got down with BD personally
content-wise idk maybe 3 -5 hours depending on your reading speed. In terms of meaningful story progression zero. I mean shit happens but it's random AF with no rhyme or reason besides the fact that it's happening is why things occur in the game as of late there's no plot there is like at least 10-15 new all-female/trans characters and for zero reason besides the fact that the mc needs more holes to fill I guess.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
the thing about that is he sets deadlines to keep the paypigs. I paid to play not the other way around I wasn't burning money every month to hear a violin story you drop an update you earn a sub for the month that's how I got down with BD personally
I did pledge to a patreon once, and then he abandoned the game, so from that time, I literally only pay for completed games, I get that developing a game is not free, and they need to pay the bills, but since we have no guarantee that they're going to finish a project, I can't just give money for charity, sadly I'm not rich xD.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Well there is no cure for those people . Their "if you don't like it , just ignore it" mantra and behaviors are what usually help the worst practices and monetization schemes in gaming become commonplace . And only then , often they start complaining lol

Reactions: Easylovin84

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

content-wise idk maybe 3 -5 hours depending on your reading speed. In terms of meaningful story progression zero. I mean shit happens but it's random AF with no rhyme or reason besides the fact that it's happening is why things occur in the game as of late there's no plot there is like at least 10-15 new all-female/trans characters and for zero reason besides the fact that the mc needs more holes to fill I guess.
Thats an interesting way to approach it.. Just out of curiosity, do you do the same thing with the Devs that develope an entire chapter per update but only update every 4-6 months? Just wondering because some devs that drop updates monthly give you about 10-20 minutes of content, and keep you as a constant supporter, but then other devs drop an entire 2 hour chapter and only get your support for one month. Do you feel that the monthly small drop Devs are ripping you off? or do you support the bulk content devs at a higher level for that one month after the update?

Not screwing with you, as a Dev myself, I am seriously intrested in your thoughts on this...

Reactions: tslojr
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes