Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I did pledge to a patreon once, and then he abandoned the game, so from that time, I literally only pay for completed games, I get that developing a game is not free, and they need to pay the bills, but since we have no guarantee that they're going to finish a project, I can't just give money for charity, sadly I'm not rich xD.
It boils down to this, Your content vs your update regularity vs your credibility. Now some devs have only one of these traits going for them and are doing well, but I guarantee their game will be abandoned in the long run or wrapped up with no warning just slapped with the finished tag. There are probably maybe 10% (and I think that is generous) of aspiring devs on here that have all three of these things, That can take 6-7 months to drop an update while keeping you appraised of their progress and drop a FIRE ASS 2-3 hr update on you then say " yo brethren ima take a month off to myself maybe a month in a half to recharge hang with family, catch up on life I'll have another one ready by the 1st part of next year. And people are COOL with it, they understand and they support them during the on and off time why? Because their content is good, you know their release windows are twice a year and the length of content because they keep you informed during the development process. This shits not hard people from every walk of life understand shit sometimes happens because shit happens to them. But buddy here either think people just believe everything he says or that they're stupid. So he tricks people by giving release dates he, himself knows aren't realistic.

Reactions: Noid42 and Husmi

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
Thats an interesting way to approach it.. Just out of curiosity, do you do the same thing with the Devs that develope an entire chapter per update but only update every 4-6 months? Just wondering because some devs that drop updates monthly give you about 10-20 minutes of content, and keep you as a constant supporter, but then other devs drop an entire 2 hour chapter and only get your support for one month. Do you feel that the monthly small drop Devs are ripping you off? or do you support the bulk content devs at a higher level for that one month after the update?

Not screwing with you, as a Dev myself, I am seriously intrested in your thoughts on this...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do actively support people based on these criteria. And I think if they're upfront with how they release content and do it with consistency and it's quality content then no I don't feel ripped off, I'll pay for something I like as long as I like it. And yes I do pay for what I think the content is worth in my subjective opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grif1001 and tslojr

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I do actively support people based on these criteria. And I think if they're upfront with how they release content and do it with consistency and it's quality content then no I don't feel ripped off, I'll pay for something I like as long as I like it. And yes I do pay for what I think the content is worth in my subjective opinion anyway.
Thanks for your response!

MessiahRO

Dec 14, 2018
thank you for the update guys, took me a while to read all of these comments. and great update shit for brains, keep em coming. we all know how hard you are working on your updates which is why i support your deadlines, probably the best thing about this game.
p.s. don't listen to these haters.

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
It's so weird that he keeps up setting deadlines when he knows that he misses most of them. If I were in his shoes, I would only give any release date when all the renders and animations were 100% finished and most of the code was done. Even then I think at this point he would somehow still miss the deadline.
Funny thing is, a few times he made it sound like this is what he was doing. "I have X thousand renders ready! The update is here!" and then mysteriously would upload nothing for months. Then when he finally updated some content, it was only a fraction of what he'd announced months ago was already ready because the number he'd claimed was actually false.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I am not a sub so I am not too worried about when he releases the updates. I really like the game but he doesn't really make it easy on himself with him constantly missing deadlines.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
Listen, GoldiLoxxx, no matter how hard you simp for him, BD isn't going to fuck you. Sorry bro.
Nobody simping on nothing my girl...The lies seem to have gotten to you...
I just like the game... Developer lacking principle aside.. You should massage your prostate, you should relax
Let all the BD anger just will away......

Reactions: TigerWolfe

tslojr

Apr 8, 2021
I just like the game... Developer lacking principle aside.. You should massage your prostate, you should relax
Wait, so am I a girl or do I have a prostate? If you're going to insult someone, you should at least be consistent, GoldiLoxxx.

hasssin

Feb 26, 2020
if you want you can admit "dev is knowlingly slow but i just like the game" part but "this is pirate site" or "if you don't pay, shut up" part is unacceptable. ppl of here is potential follower-subscriber-costomer. this is not "just pirate site" you can "pr" here, you can improve or learn "develop" here and you can collect "feedback" here.

First he create shauna with optional trans content and then adding "the fear of being nude in front of others" to shauna's character just to avoid the alternative rendering scene.
there are tons of examples that could be added to the list.
BD screwed up bad (again), you can see that to.
it's obvious. there's nothing left to defend...

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Lol don't try to play it cool , you ain"t just enjoying the game , which would be fine . Some of you guys have been acting pissy and patronizing , if not insulting over negative comments . Like the whole BS about suddenly discovering piracy whenever someone complain lol .
That stuff has been living rent free in some of your heads

Reactions: tslojr

shanenufc09

Aug 4, 2021
this dude would be sacked if he had a real job yet hes stealing a living off hes idiotic patreons that keep paying for hes bullsh!t week in week out what a life he must have raking all that money in doing NOTHING

Reactions: henry hopkin

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
Grif1001hey mate ,i really love your game,and im prety sure you are familiar with all the bad shit happend with BD ,but i want to give you another perspective about development,.
there is some devs,that actually have almost an entire game rdy to drop off and they cut in chapters even if they can actually put half game outhere,i do not know how exactly they work but i know at least 3 or 4 developers that work like this and they do pretty well but not in the size of bd.
i was a ptron of him till too much bs become a standard in his life,after that i just cant kkeep falling for the same shit evry fucking time,and his excuses are so lame that its impossible to even try to imagine being in his shoes,.
so problem here and in the game dev world is sometimes ppl cant accept that working alone without help is harder than its looks,tryng to be consistent when you dont have work ethic is impossible i need to say,.
im running myself a one manshow also and without any ethic i would be jobless and wihout any salvage reputation to live,.
at this moment i cant see BD like a real person ,i dont know many who will do this kind of bs and continuos like nothing is happening,.
if he st diferent kind of goals for his job with no so much expetactions from patron part i would say is possible to work with that, like 200\300 renders each month or month and half,for mnay os nothing but at least if he do in a consostent 1 year loop we will have at least something worth paying,.
peoblem is since day 9 he is doing like less 90 renders each month and for someone who should take this seriously [bcs well is his job after all,and he doing pretyy well in the sale department]he can afford 2 things mnay devs cant,...
one a full render machine without compromise any other work done,even 2 if he was wise enough,.
two a helper or someone who can put togheter his work and he can focus on the making,.
but doing this is also giving him more excusess
so a advice for you is working in your game is almost a job if is not that right now,focus on consistency 70% and quality \pace 30% is important to have some kind of comprimse on your woekdone but also don come with goals like having 1k patrons if your work at least doesnt have any of this,.
like i say before i like your game ,but for be a patron i need to see any lacking ,not only what you need but also what you dont need to show to your patrons[and that is uncertainty,if is working in your head for you just do it,finish something and chek the fruits of it even if isnt 100% excellency ,.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Wolfeszorn
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes