• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
I completely agree we should do this with everything even things irl. So no one has to hear an opinion that differs from their own.
I have no trouble accepting there are people who disagree with me. But haters dogpile anyone who has even a remotely appreciative opinion.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
You might notice near the top of the page there's two tabs for this game, one for reviews, and you may notice the other is "Discussion" not "News." If you want a pure news thread, why dont you make one?
Discussion would actually be cool here, but that doesn't happen. It's fine though you're literally a moderator here and if you think this thread is acceptable I'm not gonna accomplish anything except to get myself in trouble... I'm not so old and senile yet that I don't realize that yelling at clouds is pointless.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Discussion would actually be cool here, but that doesn't happen. It's fine though you're literally a moderator here and if you think this thread is acceptable I'm not gonna accomplish anything except to get myself in trouble... I'm not so old and senile yet that I don't realize that yelling at clouds is pointless.
How is talking about a dev and their game not discussion?

Reactions: tslojr

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Yea the negativity will not change anytime soon. So that is probably the best solution. It's sad because there was a time that the thread was pretty cool but now it's just another milfy city or summertime saga. I usually defend devs a lot on this forum, but BD has fucked up a lot.
I'm a big dev defender, and while I can understand many ways BD got in this situation without him being some terrible huckster, I also don't think he warrants defense, as he doesn't seem ready in any way to change. I just also don't take any joy in dogpiling which is all this thread is at this point.

Reactions: Badjourasmix

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
Initially, people are mad/angry/sad. But eventually, those feelings are replaced by indifference and they move on to other things.

The ones that do hang around do so because they either can't get over it, which is unhealthy as you say, or more likely are just shooting the breeze and screwing around. The same thing happens to many threads on here, when developers (either rightly or wrongly) get on peoples bad sides.

Unfortunately, it's hard for people who do still like the game / don't hate the dev to have a place in those threads. Threads that for the most part don't get moderated much if any after a certain point. So actually having more positive discussion, not getting made fun of when you post something positive and finding relevant information on a game can be very hard.

So the best you can do is to use your ignore list to manually filter out the more negative stuff. Or view it as people screwing around and fishing for likes and don't take them seriously.
Nice to find someone who agrees/understands.

I just don't see any point in all that negativity. As for moderation, the only mod here seems amongst the disgruntled themselves. Can't really keep the peace if you're part of the angry mob.

I figured I'd sprinkle some emotional maturity around. It's a genuine attempt to help them cope, really. But they're free to take it or leave it. I'm a pretty solid guy so it doesn't really bother me to get dogpiled. Even a mushroom cloud has a silver lining. I'll be alright. ;)

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
If the only way to talk about the game that doesn't get one insulted by the masses is to insult the dev, that's not really discussion. Any time someone new shows up and tries to talk about the game at all they're instantly dogpiled and either treated like a naive child, or accused of being a shill or sock puppet for BD, which isn't discussion. This multiple post tangent is the most civil I've seen this board in ages.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I mean, technically, the rules are as follows.

7. Avoid excessive discussion about development. Talking about developers is fine, but derailing the game discussion with multiple pages of the same arguments concerning development speed, delays, pricing, etc is not.

And rule #1 is broken all the time too when people are called sheep, simps etc.

Spider-Venom

Mar 26, 2023

7. Avoid excessive discussion about development. Talking about developers is fine, but derailing the game discussion with multiple pages of the same arguments concerning development speed, delays, pricing, etc is not.

nearly impossible to follow unless you don't talk much.

Reactions: grim019

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
No... this is pretty much the only thread I'm in that has page after page after page talking about that. Even in other threads where people aren't happy the horse is at least allowed to rest in peace.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Yeah, that's why I mentioned in my other post threads like this aren't moderated much if at all. Because if they were, 95% of the posts would get deleted.

Of course, some threads have been locked and put in "time out" when they kept breaking the rules. The AWAM thread a while ago when people kept spamming for the update (which is ironically happening now too). The Jackerman animation thread was locked for months because people kept fighting about incest vs beast content.

Other games get mod-made OT threads for people to post in to stop clogging up the game thread.

But on the other end of that, some threads more or less become unofficial OT threads themselves.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Spider-Venom

Goopgoop

Sep 10, 2022
No one's getting mad at you, you're just the only one here defending BD and his horrible practices. I think you have an issue imprinting emotion on something/someone that has none. 95% of us here are apathetic, a bunch are former patrons as well, feeling that they got ripped off and come here to keep up with all the bullshit BDs slinging. A year or two ago you might've had a point, but now, this thread is pure catharsis.
I'm not defending anyone. He's not a professional dev by my book either. Granted I'm more forgiving and appreciative regardless, but that's a choice. What I'm saying is that it's emotionally immature to scream at the clouds week after week. You got screwed over? Awesome, it's a lesson about buying an incomplete product, learn from it. It's a risk you take any time you buy pre-order, early-access, patreon or crowd-funded games.

Oh, and saying it's cathartic implies you're not apathetic. Catharsis is purgative. To get rid of something, in this case negative emotions. So saying it's cathartic implies there's something to purge. "Coming here and keeping up with all the bullshit" isn't purgative, it's reinforcing. You're just taking yourself back to how you felt when you were disappointed or ripped off and making yourself feel that way again.

You're not paying for it anymore, right? You're not getting your hopes up to get disappointed by him again, right? So those emotions have long lost their meaning. You've already learned your lesson. The next step is catharsis. Letting go. Cleanse your emotional bowels and refocus yourself on something positive.

Reactions: wsnlndr

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
If the only way to talk about the game that doesn't get one insulted by the masses is to insult the dev, that's not really discussion.
It is, it's just not the discussion you want it to be. If we're all having a laugh at the newest excuse and lamenting the downfall of this game that we all used to like, that's a discussion.

Any time someone new shows up and tries to talk about the game at all they're instantly dogpiled and either treated like a naive child, or accused of being a shill or sock puppet for BD, which isn't discussion.
Agreed, though anyone new to this thread would indeed be naive, literally impossible that they arent. If they dont read the thread long enough to "read the room," that's ultimately on them.

I'd posit that we dont talk about the same arguments about delays or speed, BD is constantly finding new ways to fuck up. I mean sure, you could lump all of that into the same general chunk, but the game itself isnt really providing much to discuss, and never really has. The old thread was full of stupid spats about "best girl" and

I personally dont view generalizations as personal attacks, because they arent, ultimately. There's a huge difference between me calling you an asshole and me saying most people that wear red shirts are assholes.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
It is, it's just not the discussion you want it to be. If we're all having a laugh at the newest excuse and lamenting the downfall of this game that we all used to like, that's a discussion.

Agreed, though anyone new to this thread would indeed be naive, literally impossible that they arent. If they dont read the thread long enough to "read the room," that's ultimately on them.

I'd posit that we dont talk about the same arguments about delays or speed, BD is constantly finding new ways to fuck up. I mean sure, you could lump all of that into the same general chunk, but the game itself isnt really providing much to discuss, and never really has. The old thread was full of stupid spats about "best girl" and

I personally dont view generalizations as personal attacks, because they arent, ultimately. There's a huge difference between me calling you an asshole and me saying most people that wear red shirts are assholes.
1714620345261.png

• Haha
Reactions: Badjourasmix

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I'm not going to enforce only your opinion, nor am I going to turn this into a "news only" thread. If you think a post breaks the rules, report it.
Like I said this thread annoys me enough as it is, having to police it as well, knowing that at the least one mod doesn't think it's a problem is a huge exercise in futility. I would point out that you've been talking to at least 3 people who think this thread is poorly moderated, so calling it only my opinion is disingenuous.

I'd hoped that image would at least get a laugh, even from you, but I've never been accused of being the best at reading the room.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This conversations seems to be going around in circles let's try to change it a little bit.
How many new girls do you guys think BD will add in the next update?

Reactions: tslojr
3.70 star(s) 636 Votes