Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
I dunno why you or others expect him to hire anyone to improve the game , or even expect him to improve the game at all . He is getting tons of money procrastinating and dragging his feet . There is no way he'd "waste" that money and share even some control . He's likely living his best life , for now .

Feels like wishful thinking and wasting projected hopes . Not a dig , I'm just not wired that way .
I've seen zero evidence of him trying to improve things , only "yapping" to assuage fears , or quell any hints of anger within his followers

Reactions: Ptah

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
Many devs do that, the main reason BD is viewed one of the worst now is that he used to have weekly updates, and now he's just a constant stream of bullshit.
It's even worse now considering that this game had potential to be something, or at the very least be enjoyable to a degree. Now its just slop in terms of the story, how many girls there are, and much more.

Feb 2, 2024
It's even worse now considering that this game had potential to be something, or at the very least be enjoyable to a degree. Now its just slop in terms of the story, how many girls there are, and much more.
Every girl he meets, ends up being part of his life one way or another.
I'm hoping he meets thousands of girls so there's thousands if stories to tell.
So no excuses for not coming up with a story for each one.
There's is no ending to that posibility.

warheadd

Jan 28, 2021
Every girl he meets, ends up being part of his life one way or another.
I'm hoping he meets thousands of girls so there's thousands if stories to tell.
So no excuses for not coming up with a story for each one.
There's is no ending to that posibility.
That's the main issue of this game. How can he make it so that each girls has a story with the MC even if it's very minor or even bad in some capacity? Given the already mentioned issues with BrainDrop, the most realistic case is that either he doesn't finish the game or he finishes it and is lackluster in various ways.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Unfortunately he is not the 1st one nor the last one but he is one of the worst for the simple reason that he continuesly bring out excuses or go radio silent... Personally i would like to know why he does not hire a team of people because clearly he can afford it to share the working ...I can't understand why a guy that has connections with other avn devs to hire 1-2 3d renderers or programmers to share the amount of work that needs to be done for every update....
He refuses to hire a team because he does not want to give up control over any aspect of the game, including its development and story. While this might seem like a misguided reason. Since a team would work under his direction. It is important to note he claims that this project is not a job for him. Although, it appears he does not have other employment. Thus, relies on money from his supporters to pay his bills. This game is a passion project. You can not rush a passion project.

Unfortunately, BD seems more focused on enjoying himself at his supporter's expense rather than putting effort into completing the game, It is baffling how long his supporters continue to fund his lifestyle without seeing significant progress. He appears to milk the funds until backers start asking about an update. Then he releases a small update with 300 to 400 renders, promising to meet future deadlines. This cycle repeats endlessly.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Many devs do that, the main reason BD is viewed one of the worst now is that he used to have weekly updates, and now he's just a constant stream of bullshit.
I agree but I don't think it all because he used to have weekly updates (Weekly update that were bigger than the updates we get every half year to year now).To now not having them. I think there is more to it than just that. I think it also had to do with the fact that he tried to stay in touch with people and supporters. Than the excuses he gave, after so many of them it made it seem like he was making them up or if they was true? He had to be the most unlucky dude to have ever walked the earth. To me its seems clear the guy is off spending the money his supports are giving him and only working on the game the bare minimum to keep things going. I dont care about the game anymore I think its been almost a year since I have played one of his updates. Now I come back every few month to see what his new excuses are and see how tire people are getting of him.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
This feels like Stockholm syndrome
What is really dumb is his supporters seem to be annoyed with the amount of updates. I wished they would release if they all just stopped supporting the game. I bet his ass would get to work on putting stuff out again. No instead they are like oh well what is another month. I can't wait for the point BD hasnt release an update in 3 years and see if they are still say that. My guess is they probably will.

Reactions: 36 Ninjas

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
His game level + the amount he earns per month or year is enough for him to release average updates of 2000/3000 renders,But he's just milking it, he's not even good for launching a mediocre update.
He only knows how to make excuses, soon he will say that he was trapped, or that he was abducted by aliens.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
He refuses to hire a team because he does not want to give up control over any aspect of the game, including its development and story. While this might seem like a misguided reason. Since a team would work under his direction. It is important to note he claims that this project is not a job for him. Although, it appears he does not have other employment. Thus, relies on money from his supporters to pay his bills. This game is a passion project. You can not rush a passion project.

Unfortunately, BD seems more focused on enjoying himself at his supporter's expense rather than putting effort into completing the game, It is baffling how long his supporters continue to fund his lifestyle without seeing significant progress. He appears to milk the funds until backers start asking about an update. Then he releases a small update with 300 to 400 renders, promising to meet future deadlines. This cycle repeats endlessly.
He's basically becoming like another dev whose name ended in "drop", it just took him longer to get there. I guess we should expect some weird acid trip WVM spinoff in the future.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
What is really dumb is his supporters seem to be annoyed with the amount of updates. I wished they would release if they all just stopped supporting the game. I bet his ass would get to work on putting stuff out again. No instead they are like oh well what is another month. I can't wait for the point BD hasnt release an update in 3 years and see if they are still say that. My guess is they probably will.
I mean…..yeah, they do. We already passed the 2+ years without an update mark some time ago ;)

Apr 30, 2023

You said that " he does not want to give up control over any aspect of the game, including its development and story" what story exactly??this game has neither story nor character development , MC is a guy that girls take off their clothes just because he looked at them...Not to mention that most of the things that happen in the "story" so far don't make sense at all as for what BD claims i can't say if he has another job or what, but not hiring a bunch of renderers to help with the whole project to move forward smoothly when you can afford it it's a bad decision for me

AlterdStates7

Feb 18, 2020
His game level + the amount he earns per month or year is enough for him to release average updates of 2000/3000 renders,But he's just milking it, he's not even good for launching a mediocre update.
He only knows how to make excuses, soon he will say that he was trapped, or that he was abducted by aliens.
He's not even bothering to make excuses at this point

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021

But let's be honest. Braindrop can't even manage his own workflow, how is he supposed to manage other people, or in the Mackenzie thing, how is he supposed to manage a dozen different accounts that all happen to be named like women from that train wreck without them all talking the same way and at the same time achieve his 20 hours of procrastination a day?

Apr 30, 2023
But let's be honest. Braindrop can't even manage his own workflow, how is he supposed to manage other people, or in the Mackenzie thing, how is he supposed to manage a dozen different accounts that all happen to be named like women from that train wreck without them all talking the same way and at the same time achieve his 20 hours of procrastination a day?
Well it can't be that difficult is they manage to agree on a working hours per day and the what type of work each of the assistants will do each day...Because we all know that if you want to have something ready on a schedule you have to work daily for at least 5 hours a day...Of course renders do take time but there are other type of work that needs to be completed

Reactions: mofonistik

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Well it can't be that difficult is they manage to agree on a working hours per day and the what type of work each of the assistants will do each day...Because we all know that if you want to have something ready on a schedule you have to work daily for at least 5 hours a day...Of course renders do take time but there are other type of work that needs to be completed
Using batch rendering, the renders can be done overnight, not during the actual work day.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes