Chillout1984

Nov 15, 2020
He's basically becoming like another dev whose name ended in "drop", it just took him longer to get there. I guess we should expect some weird acid trip WVM spinoff in the future.
Imo the only current spinoff about Harper has been his best storytelling besides the first couple of hours. At least it wasn't only sex like most of the latter half.

Unfortunately I didn't play this game until about january this year or so (including the spinoff) so I don't know about where in the main game he was when he dropped the spinoff (so if it already went off the deep end with sex or if it was still quite a lot about the story).

Even if it's an acid trip of a spinoff, I wouldn't mind playing it if it meant it would be more about the story again. Usually something fresh (even if it's in the same universe) will give a dev more interest in creating it, hopefully even to BD.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Imo the only current spinoff about Harper has been his best storytelling besides the first couple of hours. At least it wasn't only sex like most of the latter half.

Unfortunately I didn't play this game until about january this year or so (including the spinoff) so I don't know about where in the main game he was when he dropped the spinoff (so if it already went off the deep end with sex or if it was still quite a lot about the story).

Even if it's an acid trip of a spinoff, I wouldn't mind playing it if it meant it would be more about the story again. Usually something fresh (even if it's in the same universe) will give a dev more interest in creating it, hopefully even to BD.
I was talking about how he's slowly turning into Gumdrop the dev of Dual Family, who after many lies and failed promises came back after like 2 years of radio silence with some weird, nonsensical sequels, spinoffs or whatever they're supposed to be instead of really continuing the unfinished main game.

Reactions: NotTheReal16

Chillout1984

Nov 15, 2020
I was talking about how he's slowly turning into Gumdrop the dev of Dual Family, who after many lies and failed promises came back after like 2 years of radio silence with some weird, nonsensical sequels, spinoffs or whatever they're supposed to be instead of really continuing the unfinished main game.
Again I wouldn't mind that if it meant he went back to a more storydriven game like in the beginning of WVM, even if it's nonsensical. I'd rather have that, than just continuing the one sexscene after the other out of nowhere route like he's done for about 50-60% of the game now.

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Again I wouldn't mind that if it meant he went back to a more storydriven game like in the beginning of WVM, even if it's nonsensical. I'd rather have that, than just continuing the one sexscene after the other out of nowhere route like he's done for about 50-60% of the game now.
I'm sure most of us would like that, something like before the overload of new characters, but those Dual Family extra episodes (or whatever they should be called) from Gumdrop I was joking about are more like fever dreams than anything resembling storytelling, they make Braindrop's current work look like a masterpiece of literature. They haven't been leaked here in a long time and no one cares, they are that bad, lol.

Last edited:

Shadow74

Jun 3, 2020
Coming close to 4 months since his last update, and still no new update.

I wish I could say I´m surprised, but I´m just disappointed.

There are different kinds of Developers, the dedicated ones are the best.

When confronted with obstacles and problems they keep going on, pushing forward.

I´ve read different situations, one Dev had a fire in a chimney of the house he rented, and still he kept on going.

Another VN had technical problems with his machine and had to send it to the seller to solve the problem, but he kept on going.

Yet another one, who had his patreon shutdown and lost access to the money, was forced to travel many miles to try to solve the situation, got very serious back health problems and in the end, steam rejected his VN, with health and debt problems he had to find a new job, said the VN was not going to be finished and said his goodby to his supporters, and guess what? a few months later he came back to working his VN.

What I mean is they had setbacks, that caused delays in developing their VN, but they kept on going.

And then we have braindrop who created this VN, but since he started it he has spent more time creating bullshit excuses than creating updates for the VN.

I understand that Devs are people like me and you all, that have their lives, families and working jobs, cause very few can live out making VN´s, but come on, braindrop actions and words speak for themselves, he only does this for the money.

I mean, since the start it's excuse after excuse, either he is the most unlucky person on the whole planet, or he is full of BS.

If someone calls him out he kicks that person out, he can´t deal with criticism, he surrounds himself with supporters who stroke his ego.

In short, he simply doesn't care.

He does not deserve to be called a Dev.

I like this VN and would like to see it finished, but I do not believe it will be anything more than a milking machine for braindrop.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
You said that " he does not want to give up control over any aspect of the game, including its development and story" what story exactly??this game has neither story nor character development , MC is a guy that girls take off their clothes just because he looked at them...Not to mention that most of the things that happen in the "story" so far don't make sense at all as for what BD claims i can't say if he has another job or what, but not hiring a bunch of renderers to help with the whole project to move forward smoothly when you can afford it it's a bad decision for me
Oh I agree... I just saying what he has posted or replied to others asking why he doesnt hire a team.

dordicle

Feb 24, 2019
i liked this VN, haven't played it since the end of season #1, hope it lives up to its original stance.
it's okay. some of the sex scenes are p nice but the story has too many people worshipping the MC and a lot of the dialogue is very unnatural and distracting. it was there even in the first few chapters but it gets worse in latter chapters especially as more characters got introduced, which means there's MORE people talking unnaturally and stuff

Apr 30, 2023
Move the chains is the game that WVM could have been if BD hadn't made the weird impregnation service plot, and then decided to make a harem to end all harems.
For many players the worst part is the whole " incest" plot he was implying that will be part of the game...yet never happened that was pretty bad as for the impregnation service plot i don't see the problem it's a common thing happening all over the world the way BD add it to the story true is weird

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
The tonal whiplash i got from playing move the chains is insane. I would argue despite its flaws WVM is a better experience.
Depends on what you're looking for.... If you want a story deeper than sex god that bangs every slit with a pulse, Move the chains likely will scratch that itch... Otherwise, WVM may be me more your speed. There is nothing wrong with that btw, I enjoy WVM when updates actually come around, but I don't play WVM for the same reasons that I play move the chains... They fill different roles.

These 2 games aren't really going for the same audience, Unless you are using just a very broad loose term like "sports fan" to loop them all together.

It would be along the lines of wanting deep emotional driven story from a t.v show, and being mad that South Park isn't giving you that... Or wanting to be able to just sit back and have a laugh and being angry that you aren't getting that from Chicago med or something.

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
Depends on what you're looking for.... If you want a story deeper than sex god that bangs every slit with a pulse, Move the chains likely will scratch that itch... Otherwise, WVM may be me more your speed. There is nothing wrong with that btw, I enjoy WVM when updates actually come around, but I don't play WVM for the same reasons that I play move the chains... They fill different roles.

These 2 games aren't really going for the same audience, Unless you are using just a very broad loose term like "sports fan" to loop them all together.

It would be along the lines of wanting deep emotional driven story from a t.v show, and being mad that South Park isn't giving you that... Or wanting to be able to just sit back and have a laugh and being angry that you aren't getting that from Chicago med or something.
to be honest season 1 wasn't that much of a fuckfest, i'd say it hit the sweet spot between the story being just engaging enough and there being enough scenes. when it comes to season 2 everything crumbled and the story took a back seat in favour of filler fucking. i will say that WVM is still a good game, i mean if it was that bad most of us woudn't even be in this thread. the game took a bad direction with all said filler and the devs antics and lies don't do it any justice either. also i think story focused true harem non-sandbox games are becoming a lost art with all the new "realistic" vns where harems are big no-no.

3.70 star(s) 647 Votes