preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
people tend to overlook the fact that there are thousands of games on F95 and still a majority of said games struggle to meet this simple criteria.
Stories in most games arent required, there's nothing wrong with you just having a bunch of girls to fuck, but praising a game like that as having a good story is just wrong.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Stories in most games arent required, there's nothing wrong with you just having a bunch of girls to fuck, but praising a game like that as having a good story is just wrong.
Nukige tag needed... :WeSmart:
By the way... how is that going for you guys... is Sam still sleeping drunk in the server room? :KEK:

• Hey there
Reactions: Lerd0

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
yeah, but it is still surprising how often visual novels struggle with the novel part the most

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
yeah, but it is still surprising how often visual novels struggle with the novel part the most
I'd be more surprised if I start a new VN and it has a good engaging story with fleshed out characters. :shrug:
Those are rare as fuck...

WVM is so far away from good characters and story it's hilarious.
And some games don't need a deep story, they just exist for the fun.

WVM takes itself too serious though.
There are dark themes of child neglect, daddy killing some girl because reasons, war in foreign countries... and then suddenly princess in the basement... yo MC go fuck all the hos at ur college... yo breed them too... what? ur GF wants u to fuck all the hos too so u don't have to cheat... amazing...

The best word I can come up to describe WVMs writing is schizophrenic...

Last edited:

Noid42

May 19, 2018
I'm not too surprised to be honest.
With a lot of projects starting as a solo dev, you need a single person who can write, code, do the art and do all that while holding an actual job.
It's not very surprising most of them are people who can code, figured DAZ and basic photoshop out and know close to nothing when it comes to writing.
Its not a problem too, unless of course you hit the jackpot and decide to go full time while being unable to do it reasonably well and still refuse to hire people to help out while you lie and lie to keep it going.
Well, I guess the money keeps coming in so maybe that's not a problem either, but I honestly think WVM could have been really good if BD hired outside help on time, now its too far gone.

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I can only speak for myself.

This story, these characters, is still, and I don't think it will ever change, one of my most favorite ones. In spite of the poor managing skills of the creator, he did make something that still stands out among the bevy of games/stories in this site. Did he always make good choices? No. He didn't. Yes, he's guilty of the cardinal sin of not being perfect. He's inconsistent, inconsiderate, unreliable, yes he's all that. I still don't care, and I still have the same feelings for WVM as I've had since the first time I played it. He can remake, redo, turn everyone into quacking Ducks, I don't care. I still love it, I am still waiting, and will keep doing it.

I am not even going to give the second part of your post the dignity of an answer.

Anyone that disagrees with me, feel free to do so. It's your life, do with it what you want.

Peace :)
Ok, but you never really said the reason it's your favorite VN and story out of all the bangers on this site so, I just have to ask..... why-pastor.gif ?

Reactions: YepperCause

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I'd be more surprised if I start a new VN and it has a good engaging story with fleshed out characters. :shrug:

There are dark themes of child neglect, daddy killing some girl because reasons, war in foreign countries... and then suddenly princess in the basement... yo MC go fuck all the hos at ur college... yo breed them too... what? ur GF wants u to fuck all the hos too so u don't have to cheat... amazing...

out-of-line-anthony-mackie.gif

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Even when there is a story and the writing is done well, people then fuss about everything else. "Why do I have to read so much?" "Why can't I just bang every girl?" "Why can't I bang the 60 year old secretary?" You just can't please everyone. WVM fills a niche. If you want sex every 8th click...This is your game.

I'm not too surprised to be honest.
With a lot of projects starting as a solo dev, you need a single person who can write, code, do the art and do all that while holding an actual job.
It's not very surprising most of them are people who can code, figured DAZ and basic photoshop out and know close to nothing when it comes to writing.
Its not a problem too, unless of course you hit the jackpot and decide to go full time while being unable to do it reasonably well and still refuse to hire people to help out while you lie and lie to keep it going.
Well, I guess the money keeps coming in so maybe that's not a problem either, but I honestly think WVM could have been really good if BD hired outside help on time, now its too far gone.
This is the true struggle, and trust me, it is way harder to make a go of this when your background is a BA in English Lit, 25 year old Photoshop knowledge fron the Art Institute of Dallas, 20 years in business management, and no prior coding experiance at all. This is why as soon as I can actually afford to hire I plan to do so! My 5 year plan is to have 3 teams of 3 each working on a seperate VN that I have already planned and plotted. (I have 16 stories currently waiting to follow my current one.)
The Purpose of a VN should be to tell the story and to COMPLETE it, not drag it out for years. If you get enough support to afford help, by all means hire and speed up production. Should any VN really take more than 3 years to put out if you have a team working on it and not just a solo person? I don't think so. but maybe I'm weird. Maybe I still see this from a consumer view point... Or from a business management one.

I predict that instead of WVM being Shauna's pick and MC following his best friend there as the reason a rising star would go to this crappy college, now it'll be like Harry Potter. MC gets a mysterious letter saying he has a full ride to this college he's never heard of, his parents went there and his name was on the books since birth. This ties into the billionaires on the yacht and the tattoo and Delilah and whatever because WVM is necessary for MC's destiny to take over the world or some shit.
Love this, but I think you may be giving him too much credit as a writer... I'd probably read this then, atleast things would tie together...

Last edited by a moderator:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
So in the nebulous "near future", we'll get 10 teaser images to calm down the patrons who are starting to break free of the hive mind, and probably another explanation to split this already split update into more pieces to give the illusion of a massive amount of renders he's cooked up. Then after that he will tell us about the release date, rather than just... releasing the update. Especially when he's learned again and again and again that giving a release date is a mistake, because he keeps missing his own deadlines and looks more and more like an unreliable asshole.

Where's MacKenzie when you need her :KEK:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
Love this, but I think you may be giving him too much credit as a writer... I'd probably read this then, atleast things would tie together...
Not even jerking, this is a distinct possibility. He's already indulged in some extreme hack writing and tired clichés, the story quite literally revolves around MC's dick, and all this mystery surrounding his past could very well have some bizarre, out of left field supernatural element. He's the Chosen One, or a demigod, or the vessel for Satan, or his army of children will repopulate the Earth after a mass extinction event, or whatever the fuck stupid idea that would justify the billionaires, the tattoos, whoever Delilah is, and the fact that every single woman in the game wants to fuck him, except Wendy. Probably.

• Haha
Reactions: bufa

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
The Purpose of a VN should be to tell the story and to COMPLETE it, not drag it out for years. If you get enough support to afford help, by all means hire and speed up production. Should any VN really take more than 3 years to put out if you have a team working on it and not just a solo person? I don't think so. but maybe I'm weird. Maybe I still see this from a consumer view point... Or from a business management one.
It's one of the reasons why , other financial priorities aside , I'm not at all a fan of the "subscriptions" model from patreon /others support . I just purchase finished products , I'm old school that way . At best i can sometimes get stuff with early access , and treat it in my mind , like some kind of preorder option . Or even buy a complete Season/Volume/Arc/Part at least

I get that some do need that kind of method , to even start developing their game , but I do believe that in too many cases , patreon based support , enabled too many shady stuff and behaviors . We've all seen VNs that occasionally , or frequently add basically filler content , dragging things out , instead of moving their plot-line along .

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022

Maybe I'm giving BD too much credit, but as bad as the writing can be, there is at least a relatively consistent internal logic and the story is pretty coherent. At the bare minimum you can at least follow the plot of the game when you play through it (obviously the lack of a S1 rework hinders this at the moment). There are some games on this site that truly feel schizophrenic from a combination of bad writing, poor English, lack of focus (cutting to and from random disparate scenes and muddled timelines), and absence of internal logic.

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
Holy hell. I checked in after a long while, and seeing this... so we get teasers for the teasers at this point? Are the teasers the renders he finished during these few months? Getting these for (at least partially, as per BD) the content that was first promised for... what was it? October or november? Is he trying to remake the Duke Nukem wait?

Reactions: KrystofDayne

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Maybe I'm giving BD too much credit, but as bad as the writing can be, there is at least a relatively consistent internal logic and the story is pretty coherent. At the bare minimum you can at least follow the plot of the game when you play through it (obviously the lack of a S1 rework hinders this at the moment). There are some games on this site that truly feel schizophrenic from a combination of bad writing, poor English, lack of focus (cutting to and from random disparate scenes and muddled timelines), and absence of internal logic.
Easy to follow the plot? There isnt one.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes