Dickbutttt

Jun 12, 2020
Sudden? Sudden??? SUDDEN?!?!?!?!?
Hahahahaha you must be new here or something. The amount of people posting because they like the game compared to the people posting because we love to clown on braindead has been a 1:10 ratio for longer than I can keep track. Dude's a liar, a clown and a con artist. I'd call him scum but that'd be an insult to the dried piss staining the floor beside my toilet.
damn dude tell us how you really feel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kcaldw

BlueBasil

Jul 24, 2017
Sudden? Sudden??? SUDDEN?!?!?!?!?
Hahahahaha you must be new here or something. The amount of people posting because they like the game compared to the people posting because we love to clown on braindead has been a 1:10 ratio for longer than I can keep track. Dude's a liar, a clown and a con artist. I'd call him scum but that'd be an insult to the dried piss staining the floor beside my toilet.
I'll be honest here. My take away from your comment was that you piss on the floor instead of into your toilet.

YepperCause

Dec 23, 2017
Why the sudden hate to the creator? I mean it's been some time since he uploaded but it's bit much isnt it?
The thread went from overwhelmingly positive to overwhelmingly negative almost exactly when DITLO:H was released, around two years ago. The decision to censor the DITLO, and the author's decision to engage in bizarre pixelization of the MC's face, along with his combative attitude around complaints, really soured people on BD, even though BD had already stopped updating with any regularity around fall of 2021.

Before DITLO:H was dropped, the only negative comments were either about incest or were shouted down.

Since then, it is more common to see people refer to BD as scamdrop than braindrop on most pages.

Reactions: Edrick23

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Dev supposedly had already finished with the latest update he was working on and he said that only testing was left and then he would upload the update yet instead he left for vacation and all of us left to wait for more than a month for the update
This was already explained, that is subscribestar's method of pausing payments.

I'm in no way defending BD and what he's done to his supporters. He's a liar, and cheating people... and if his supporters start to respect themselves, BD will likely lose a ton of support, but that hasn't happened yet.

Hyuki

Dec 12, 2019
I like WVM

I am not here to defend BD (I don’t think he’s abandoned it but he’s definitely taking his sweet time)

I like the loose semblance of plot about the dad and his many mysteries and secrets.

Before you think I’m another Mackenzie, I do have multiple grievances with the game

I think the season one rework is a bad idea, it sounds like little more than BD introducing even more love interests and making it even more convoluted. The biggest issues with season one (rushed pacing, messy plot) are things that got worse in season two so I can’t see a rework helping.

I also find that endless reworks can kill interest in creating a game/leave the creator in a loop where they try to make the game perfect. Both ways often end up in abandonment so…

Noid42

May 19, 2018
I also find that endless reworks can kill interest in creating a game/leave the creator in a loop where they try to make the game perfect. Both ways often end up in abandonment so…
I think its the other way around.
Decent developers tend to learn a lot between updates, and reworking the early often outdated, often bad parts of a VN that is in development for a few years is definitely a choice.
So when the dev gets in a rut, gets bored, writes himself into a corner (or a massive room filled with 100 LI's), or just feels like kicking back and enjoying the sweet sweet patreon money, ITS REWORK TIME BABYYYY.
The timeline checks out.

Another prime example of VN's that takes too long to complete fizzling out.

talonx4

May 16, 2019
I mean.. He said the update was "almost done", then says he has some "news soon", then he goes on "vacation". I get vacation is just paused payments, but dude cmon. He gets all the hate he deserves. Anyone know any devs that actually have passion on what they are working on? Checking out Desert Stalker. Seems interesting.
beating_dead_horse.gif

kaz1991x

Jan 3, 2022
I mean.. He said the update was "almost done", then says he has some "news soon", then he goes on "vacation". I get vacation is just paused payments, but dude cmon. He gets all the hate he deserves. Anyone know any devs that actually have passion on what they are working on? Checking out Desert Stalker. Seems interesting.
View attachment 3743088
You'll Have a good time with Desert Stalker. It tends to follow some of the same story beats as other "dystopian" games, but it has enough variability between the LIs and their quest lines to make it stand out. Only real gripe I've had is the "Most of the women love you by default" thing. Still, the positives outweigh the negatives.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes