Kvr64##

Mar 13, 2021
----------------------------------------------------NOT IN DEFENSE OF BD--------------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to make a harem VN.I see a lot of people making good points for/against the VN so I felt like sharing my pov too.
Mainly because of all the stories you have to introduce and somehow make sense. The more characters you pile on, the harder it is lose track of wtf is going on. And you have to take narrative shortcuts because otherwise the grind:fap ratio is out-of-whack.
Which is why it is so hard for most VNs to continue building. For example, look at Lunar's Chosen - another harem game with various themes. You will find the same narrative mechanics, hot girls love MC because of X. In the case of WVM, MC is the secret son of Satan which is why nobody can see his face and everyone falls in love with his magic dick. The rich cultists are already under his control and soon the world will lie at his feet squirming under the raw majesty of the presence of BD MC. :KEK:

But jokes aside, as a fledgling dev myself, I understand that things come at you fast and it's hard to keep yourself together after all the struggles.
It is my perception as a new dev, nothing much.
The problem is he keeps on creating these problem onto himself with the 20+ characters, changes to their face, lack of responsibility, breaking promises of certain characters, teasing and milking certain characters. He ignore the criticism and keeps making excuses for the game.

At this point only fan arts or someone getting the models to create a better story of this game is needed.

timsoel

Jul 17, 2023
The problem is he keeps on creating these problem onto himself with the 20+ characters, changes to their face, lack of responsibility, breaking promises of certain characters, teasing and milking certain characters. He ignore the criticism and keeps making excuses for the game.

At this point only fan arts or someone getting the models to create a better story of this game is needed.
I really think that the amount of characters/lack of story/changes to faces isn't really the problem. People wouldn't be so disappointed if they weren't invested. Dr Pinkcake of Being a Dik updates the game ones a year and nobody is giving him shit for it. If Braindrop would be more honest about how long things will take him, (even if its going to be a long time,) nobody would care. He sets the expectations himself and hasn't made a deadline in over a year. Just tell people its going to take you 4 months. It's fine

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I really think that the amount of characters/lack of story/changes to faces isn't really the problem. People wouldn't be so disappointed if they weren't invested. Dr Pinkcake of Being a Dik updates the game ones a year and nobody is giving him shit for it. If Braindrop would be more honest about how long things will take him, (even if its going to be a long time,) nobody would care. He sets the expectations himself and hasn't made a deadline in over a year. Just tell people its going to take you 4 months. It's fine
A lot of people give DPC shit for only releasing once a year too, and he also gets called a milker. But he provides more than enough content to show that he wasn't just dicking around the entire time, something BD cannot say the same about.

Kakasan

May 23, 2023
A lot of people give DPC shit for only releasing once a year too, and he also gets called a milker. But he provides more than enough content to show that he wasn't just dicking around the entire time, something BD cannot say the same about.
They pretend not to see that DPC makes 6000 renders, + 500 animations.
While BD Go away for a while and release a mediocre update of 200 renders

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
They pretend not to see that DPC makes 6000 renders, + 500 animations.
While BD Go away for a while and release a mediocre update of 200 renders
200 renders if we're lucky. Because despite being called the biggest update ever each time, it still gets split into multiple releases that also get delayed, built up as huge, then rinse and repeat.

Kvr64##

Mar 13, 2021
Dr Pinkcake actually gives content that's more than 10 or 15 min and has actual progress with each of the LI in his game. As-well end up delivering his update with top notch graphics, tons of renders and animations. You can be invested in a game, but how long will the dev be invested, cause braindrop clearly is only invested in the milking aspect with lack of progress and piles of excuses. While Dr Pinkcake has brought fire updates even if its once a year cause his community knowns it will be amazing. While braindrop needs to be accountable in whether there's gonna be an update or not cause what's the point of investing your money if no product is actually being worked or your getting less for the amount you been promised that you are paying.

Last edited:

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
so Braindrop is back to farming cash without giving anything for it eh?
guess we have to wait for him to be in need off a quick cash infusion again .

we will then get the 30min update hes been working on for 2 years then, whit 1 or 2 15min updates in 2-3 months then his bank account is nice and fat again so he can go on vacation from all the hard work he did

Reactions: CollectorTivan

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I really think that the amount of characters/lack of story/changes to faces isn't really the problem.
It is a problem. Let's imagine that WVM is not a VN but a restaurant. With the different groups of LIs, we have no real focus on the plot or the relationship with the characters and it all feels very half-baked. The duck faces most of the ladies get is like chocolate sauce in my metaphor, BD seems to really dig it because he slaps it on everywhere he can no matter how repulsive the result is afterwards. The best example of this is Katie, whose design I wasn't a big fan of before, but what happened to her face is almost assault.

On top of that he can't take criticism, some of the things written here are not constructive, maybe, but with BD it's more like he's a petulant child with his reactions. Plus his filter bubble on his server where he's sometimes celebrated like the Hideo Kojima of the AVN world, whom I also find overrated, but that's another matter.

Reactions: ssphyxius

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Completely disagree on the Pinkcake comparison , except on one aspect . Yeah if BD was honest , he'd get less flak . But that's the thing ain't it ? He ain't honest at all .

Other than that , i don't even get how you even go there . One does slow releases with lies and low quality . The other delivers a result and level of quality that explains enough the slow pace , without overpromising

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Yes! been saying this for a while. People aren't mad about the time it takes for the updates to come out. they are mad about him not meeting the deadlines he set. He gets expectations up and then disappoints. This is why people get upset. He doesn't have to do 52 in 52. It was insane to ever say he would! Drifty, digiB, Carib, Stonefox, they all take 4 to 8 months per update and no one cares because they don't lie or set unrealistic expectations.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yes! been saying this for a while. People aren't mad about the time it takes for the updates to come out. they are mad about him not meeting the deadlines he set. He gets expectations up and then disappoints. This is why people get upset. He doesn't have to do 52 in 52. It was insane to ever say he would! Drifty, digiB, Carib, Stonefox, they all take 4 to 8 months per update and no one cares because they don't lie or set unrealistic expectations.
you're right about the deadline thing
but i wouldn't put braindrop up there whit creators you named, i find those a big step above him
those creators offer a all-round quality product

if were being honest the writing for WVM won't stand up to the writing from the aforementioned creators they all write(wrote) VN's whit depth in the story

WVM story is very shallow, its saving grace is are the assets used, wvm best thing are the girls wvm has to offer
(also that foto shot render where braindrop just placed a black bar across the MC to hide his face like wtf come on man?)

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
but i wouldn't put braindrop up there whit creators you named, i find those a big step above him

if were being honest the writing for WVM won't stand up to the writing from the aforementioned creators they all write(wrote) VN's whit depth in the story

WVM story is very shallow, its saving grace is are the assets used, wvm best thing are the girls wvm has to offer
(also that foto shot render where braindrop just placed a black bar across the MC to hide his face like wtf come on man?)
Well said and I totally agree with what you said. The creators mentioned further up are in a different class compared to BD and there are plenty more to add to that list. Regular weekly updates, giving planned dates for releases just think the amount of branching paths and music involved in some of those games yet they can still knock out updates quicker than BD.
The annoying fact is that these are the dev's that should be supported and where the BD sheep should be investing their money

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017

Well said and I totally agree with what you said. The creators mentioned further up are in a different class compared to BD and there are plenty more to add to that list. Regular weekly updates, giving planned dates for releases just think the amount of branching paths and music involved in some of those games yet they can still knock out updates quicker than BD.
The annoying fact is that these are the dev's that should be supported and where the BD sheep should be investing their money
I understand all of that.
I wasn't sugesting that BD was at the same level as these guys, however he is making enough income that if he just kept his mouth shut and maybe wrote an outline and then paid an actual writer to fleshout the scripe and write the dialogue his followers would be much happier.

Unlike so many good devs, he had the golden oppertunity to make an awesome game dropped right in his lap with getting so much financial support so early, and then he just fummbled spectacularly because he has no self-discipline and can't keep his foot out of his mouth!
Even still, Regardless of the story quality, unlike the games by those devs I listed before, WVM is a harem which people will flock to even if the story is lacking, so If he would just learn to keep his mouth shut and not announce an update untill it was 100% ready, he would catch a lot less flack.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I understand all of that.
I wasn't sugesting that BD was at the same level as these guys, however he is making enough income that if he just kept his mouth shut and maybe wrote an outline and then paid an actual writer to fleshout the scripe and write the dialogue his followers would be much happier.

Unlike so many good devs, he had the golden oppertunity to make an awesome game dropped right in his lap with getting so much financial support so early, and then he just fummbled spectacularly because he has no self-discipline and can't keep his foot out of his mouth!
Even still, Regardless of the story quality, unlike the games by those devs I listed before, WVM is a harem which people will flock to even if the story is lacking, so If he would just learn to keep his mouth shut and not announce an update untill it was 100% ready, he would catch a lot less flack.
I don't know if this avn got dropped in his lap or not, i do remember it being 1 off the best early on and it was already done by BD at the time.
it used to be on the 1st page for weighted rating(unfiltered),during & after the big break and the release after it took a nose dive now its on 9th page(filtered on harem)

You're right that story's matters less for harem games but its mainly the Main story line or concept.
currently the story and characters lack depth (as a Harem fanboy myself i know that's actually a bad thing)
it makes the harem feel cheap, add in the ever expanding cast which makes actually fleshing out the characters hard, so if better writing is on board it will be a uphill battle (sure a getting someone to help whit writing might work but personally i don't think DP will do it)

my current opinion on WVM development is this:
BD is a super inconsistent writing wise he does put out quality renders but that alone won't make a top tier VN
sadly hes back to the old routine off not keeping up promises given
Which i actually expected ,were back to monthly excuses again, i mean hes on vacation right now right?
(or hes just leading people on putting in minimal effort for max return,milking the vn for as long as he can,because hes fully aware its on a downward spiral or that he isn't into development (as much) anymore )

the VN is still riding on from its early succes but its been overtaken by many other vn's in terms off popularity
two things are keep this afloat in my eyes :
1.commitment from subscribers whit hopes to see a finished VN
2. the actual controversy around it all, WVM has kinda turned into a meme on f95

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes