H4MPU5

Aug 9, 2021
He'll decide that it is to big of an update and needs to get broken up into parts and the 1st part will get released after the Olympics. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Summer olympics 2024 or 2028
I have been watching to much hockey so the conversation there is about 2026 winter olympics

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
I think Im in the minority here but I really like the game. In fact it's one of my favorite VN's of all time. I' also really like to shit on BD because he's a compulsive liar. I think two things can be true at the same time. This is a good VN and the dev is a shitbag.
Very true , you can appreciate the game and still be aware and accepting of the truth . It's rather healthy , and something missing from too many fans of the game .

Of course , not gonna lie as i keep repeating it , i do find it mediocre , at least more bad than good . I used to be allured by the whole basket rookie plot , quickly got disgruntled by the pacing , the dialogues , the basket parts , the story . I also used to find it visually appealing , and was pleasantly surprised back then , by how trans characters where initially included and treated . Now things are just overall worse in my book

I doubt you're in the minority here , far from it . Considering the high rating , download and view rate , i bet that there is instead a silent majority . It's pretty much the same people trashing the game , the dev and having fun over it lately

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Very true , you can appreciate the game and still be aware and accepting of the truth . It's rather healthy , and something missing from too many fans of the game .

Of course , not gonna lie as i keep repeating it , i do find it mediocre , at least more bad than good . I used to be allured by the whole basket rookie plot , quickly got disgruntled by the pacing , the dialogues , the basket parts , the story . I also used to find it visually appealing , and was pleasantly surprised back then , by how trans characters where initially included and treated . Now things are just overall worse in my book

I doubt you're in the minority here , far from it . Considering the high rating , download and view rate , i bet that there is instead a silent majority . It's pretty much the same people trashing the game , the dev and having fun over it lately
Yeah, I started to see it the same way for awhile now. Didn't mind it when it was focused around a dude and a small core group of LI. I could look past the MC never playing basketball since the game quickly became more of a fuckfest with a sprinkle of story. But there's so many girls now that they're being named colours or weird ass names like 4t or whatever the hell their name was. Too many and not enough updates to go around.

Still have a small laugh though when the dev makes fun of it all with the opposing player making cracks about the MC going off on vacations and hardly playing what he is at that school to do.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Anything new with this game?
I remember playing it ages ago. Did MC play basketball yet? :KEK:
MC played half a game and if i remember correctly the majority of it had render labels akin to "basketball game 1 of 6" at the bottom of it during the MCs part. Then the MC got ejected and suspended the remainder of the exhibition games. Oh yeah, and there's still giant black boxes over the MC's face in some renders instead of the dev trying to cleverly hide it with a scene object or something.

• Wow
Reactions: Belerial

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
BUT a black box just seems stupid to me.
At that point just show the face. What's wrong with that?
That's why it's stupid to have a faceless protagonist. Unless you plan on doing nothing but PoV, which is kinda bad for staging, kissing, hugs and sex scenes it just knee caps you. Like I'll give credit that some devs do a pretty good job at it, Like Killer7, but most of the time it just makes any scene that should have the MC's face in it utterly fucking ridiculous.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
That's why it's stupid to have a faceless protagonist. Unless you plan on doing nothing but PoV, which is kinda bad for staging, kissing, hugs and sex scenes it just knee caps you. Like I'll give credit that some devs do a pretty good job at it, Like Killer7, but most of the time it just makes any scene that should have the MC's face in it utterly fucking ridiculous.
Yeah, not quite sure they wouldn't just make it a generic buzzed haircut MC so that they could atleast show the back of their head and wouldn't need all that much to block out the eyes/nose in other scenes. Could have even done a team photo from the front but used a lens flare to mask the MC's face or something.

Might have even been a fun thing to string along through the game as well. Some scenes show a little more or a little less of the face as a tease then at the very end of the game they can do another championship team winning photo and finally show the MC's face or some shit. But... has bigger problems then that lol

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
MC played half a game and if i remember correctly the majority of it had render labels akin to "basketball game 1 of 6" at the bottom of it during the MCs part. Then the MC got ejected and suspended the remainder of the exhibition games. Oh yeah, and there's still giant black boxes over the MC's face in some renders instead of the dev trying to cleverly hide it with a scene object or something.
I absolutely agree. Had given examples in the past of how it could have been done, including with regard to Ditlo Harper, where it's about as embarrassing. I maintain that it would work even in a basketball game, problem is that BD takes the path of least effort and only as rarely as necessary. And nothing should be easier than inserting an image into Paint and slapping a black box on it, or scribbling over it with the brush tool.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I absolutely agree. Had given examples in the past of how it could have been done, including with regard to Ditlo Harper, where it's about as embarrassing. I maintain that it would work even in a basketball game, problem is that BD takes the path of least effort and only as rarely as necessary. And nothing should be easier than inserting an image into Paint and slapping a black box on it, or scribbling over it with the brush tool.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reason we never see the mc's face is actually because he used the daz face transfer tool and has his own face on the MC...

Jun 26, 2023
Well since we all know that Brain Drop ain't releasing anything until July , (we assume due to him "having to watch" all the sports) , it turns out that The NHL Playoffs have SOMEHOW been forced to Game 7. From a 0-3 defecit , to now winning 3 in a row , The Edmonton Oilers are on the verge of one of the biggest comebacks in not only NHL, but possibly sports history!

I'm not even the biggest hockey fan, but LET'S GO OILERS!

That is all.

Reactions: Manford

Hyuki

Dec 12, 2019
Honestly I don’t even see the issue with just making him some generic dude with scruffy hair. We’ve already seen his chiselled jawline so the projecting onto him element is not a big deal IMHO

RuthBlackett

May 8, 2024
Anyone have COMPRESSED link ?
You need to change your search settings so that it starts from the last post - that way if it give a hit on "compressed", it will be the most recent - quite likely posted the same day the game goes up.

Click your username at the top of the sidebar.

Click "Preferences"

Click "Preferences" again on the left side of the screen

Find "Search Options" about halfway down the screen

Select "Most Recent"

After that, when you want to find compressed versions, go to the search bar at the top, enter "compressed", make sure "This thread" is selected, and search, and Bob's your uncle*.

If there is a recent compressed version, that'll find it.

==========================

* Something i picked up from my Brit friends...

Reactions: 95er
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes