Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I don't know if this avn got dropped in his lap or not, i do remember it being 1 off the best early on and it was already done by BD at the time.
it used to be on the 1st page for weighted rating(unfiltered),during & after the big break and the release after it took a nose dive now its on 9th page(filtered on harem)

You're right that story's matters less for harem games but its mainly the Main story line or concept.
currently the story and characters lack depth (as a Harem fanboy myself i know that's actually a bad thing)
it makes the harem feel cheap, add in the ever expanding cast which makes actually fleshing out the characters hard, so if better writing is on board it will be a uphill battle (sure a getting someone to help whit writing might work but personally i don't think DP will do it)

my current opinion on WVM development is this:
BD is a super inconsistent writing wise he does put out quality renders but that alone won't make a top tier VN
sadly hes back to the old routine off not keeping up promises given
Which i actually expected ,were back to monthly excuses again, i mean hes on vacation right now right?
(or hes just leading people on putting in minimal effort for max return,milking the vn for as long as he can,because hes fully aware its on a downward spiral or that he isn't into development (as much) anymore )

the VN is still riding on from its early succes but its been overtaken by many other vn's in terms off popularity
two things are keep this afloat in my eyes :
1.commitment from subscribers whit hopes to see a finished VN
2. the actual controversy around it all, WVM has kinda turned into a meme on f95
Yeah, I wasn't saying that the avn got dropped in his lap. I was saying that the fact that somehow his fan base expladed and he got so many supporters early on that provided him with a decent income very early in the game's developement gave hin a golden oppertunity that most other devs dont get and so have to struggle doing this on the side while working a day job hoping to eventually grow to a point that they can do this full time. his fan base exploding the way it did afforded him an oppertunity that other devs dont get and he squandered his getting to go full time with excuse after excuse insead of just doing the job. He's been at this so long that this game should be finished by this point. but we still don't even have a finished first chapter.

I honestly worry that WVM will eventually be abandoned.

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
you're right about the deadline thing
but i wouldn't put braindrop up there whit creators you named, i find those a big step above him
those creators offer a all-round quality product

if were being honest the writing for WVM won't stand up to the writing from the aforementioned creators they all write(wrote) VN's whit depth in the story

WVM story is very shallow, its saving grace is are the assets used, wvm best thing are the girls wvm has to offer
(also that foto shot render where braindrop just placed a black bar across the MC to hide his face like wtf come on man?)
well for me i prefer wvm at any time over caribdis eternum the others well depends on my mood i dont like sanbox games so dik is half of it,stonefox is ok and render quality same like wvm,storyis better but now he lacks of it,and even i love digi b ,idont like his take on non harem game ,so maybe iam weird after all i give plenty of shit to bd about his ethics,but any day i prefer his work [talking about the already ingame charts]than any of those devs who were mencioned

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Yeah, I wasn't saying that the avn got dropped in his lap. I was saying that the fact that somehow his fan base expladed and he got so many supporters early on that provided him with a decent income very early in the game's developement gave hin a golden oppertunity that most other devs dont get and so have to struggle doing this on the side while working a day job hoping to eventually grow to a point that they can do this full time. his fan base exploding the way it did afforded him an oppertunity that other devs dont get and he squandered his getting to go full time with excuse after excuse insead of just doing the job. He's been at this so long that this game should be finished by this point. but we still don't even have a finished first chapter.

I honestly worry that WVM will eventually be abandoned.
yeah having a great early start is good, but its possible it got flipped over instead off being in a good spot and being able to work hard from the solid start, that it kinda went to the head, like hes already there and puts in less effort or something like that because he was already at the top

I do wonder what will happen if we get the same scenario again :where it will take like ~2 years for a content update then there being something super lame in it(the black bar over the mc's face kinda thing)

will people drop the avn for good?, or will then keep supporting because they're already so invested!?

well for me i prefer wvm at any time over caribdis eternum the others well depends on my mood i dont like sanbox games so dik is half of it,stonefox is ok and render quality same like wvm,storyis better but now he lacks of it,and even i love digi b ,idont like his take on non harem game ,so maybe iam weird after all i give plenty of shit to bd about his ethics,but any day i prefer his work [talking about the already ingame charts]than any of those devs who were mencioned
nothing wrong whit liking WVM more then the other mentioned title's , we all have our own favourites

im just on the other side off it: eternum > wvm any day ,in all aspects IMO
we just got different tastes .agree to disagree i guess

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I know this is probably the wrong place for this comment, but I also can't think of a more appropriate place since BD definitely inspired this idea.

This site needs a developer rating system!

Various ratings not only for the game but the development. Such as time between updates, reliability, communication, writing, art, etc. You will probably have to add a special one for developers like BD. "Expected level of bullshit" or whatever else you want to call it. :poop:

Just a thought :WeSmart:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
so with the track record BD has, how many times do you guys think you could go through the game at your normal reading pace before we see another update?
for me, the answer is zero. i have way too many games in my unplayed folder to worry about that. when and if the update comes, i will play it. whether in a week, a month or a year (more likely a year)

WolfVG

Feb 3, 2021
The game is ok but I think when Season 2 happened, the house suddenly changed unless it was a different one. Also the story is just literally fuck women and occassionally there's something about your previous life or basketball. At the moment, the story is so far gone from Basketball that it's insanity

Felidako

Apr 4, 2021
Little over an hour ago:

View attachment 3757938

The "yes" is a response to the update being ready within the next two weeks, but we all know how full of shit he is.
Another classic by BD :LUL:
>promises update is out early may
>announces 3rd week into may that it's gonna be out by the end of month for sure
>"the update is very close to being done, wont be long" :Kappa:
>"I'll be silent until the update is out"
>ffw a month of silence later and the first thing to break his silence WONT be the actual release

peak entertainment

Reactions: Tzxrb
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes