Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I feel like not enough people are focusing on the "less than half your age" line :unsure: I wonder what the math is behind that. Isn't BD like in his mid-twenties at least? Are there actually that many 50-60 year-olds on this site? I'm not saying there are none but most people here are probably closer to BD's age than to twice that. Just feels like a weird dishonest way to reframe the conversation as if we're somehow punching down on a teenager.
BD was 23 when he first started its been what 5 years ? he should be give or take 28 or 27 he is only 6 or 5 years younger then me. so he grown enough to fuck and have a kid, he isnt half anyones age here

strickeen

Jan 2, 2023
Everyone needs to think about what's been happening this weekend. Has anyone noticed that his so called update and delay coincides with the first weekend of the NFL preseason. Think about it. how else was he going to watch his Pittsburgh Steelers and the other preseason games if he was actually working. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
weekend? brain beer in them!

• Haha
Reactions: Jettman25

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
BD was 23 when he first started its been what 5 years ? he should be give or take 28 or 27 he is only 6 or 5 years younger then me. so he grown enough to fuck and have a kid, he isnt half anyones age here
I mean you could fuck and have a kid pretty young, sex ed stsrts in grade 4 in Canada.

• Hey there
Reactions: Reniere

hasssin

Feb 26, 2020
Someone told me to come to this thread with a bag of popcorn.

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Because you don't get your free update today?

Am I on the right track?
u're not tryin understand anything. u just try to insult ppl and defend the fellow developer. If you want to see people still believing empty promises and waiting for updates with both hands open; you should go to Brainshit patreon or discord, not here. Almost no one here believes what BD says. 90% of the last 30 pages are humorous, most ppl here doin memes and chattin

and for some reason you emphasize "pirate site" and "age gap". Obviously, instead of eating popcorn, you seem to be taking revenge out of this site and users.

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
Am I on the right track?
If the goal is to just purposefully make assumptions in bad faith , sure .
IF you really wanted to get a proper insight into some people , it's all there . Sure there is shitposting , meme and some unhinged reactions ... but some valid stuff and criticism is there as well . i'll leave it to other to entertain this further .

On an unrelated note , loved your game , and wishing all the best for the newer one .

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Am I on the right track?
I've heard positive things, but never played your game, so I can't comment on you as a dev in relation to BD.

But I will say you are ignoring the actual problem just to mock everyone here for being entitled whiny pirates. What about his actual paying supporters, who continue to bankroll a dev that habitually misses deadlines and has nothing to give but excuses? They have a right to be pissed. They didn't get the update they've been paying for. We've seen that some of them don't care if he takes forever, but that is not the point. I've been a Patron for devs I like, and if I were supporting BD right now, I'd be genuinely pissed and not just "shitposting pissed."

And if BD is such a young guy who is constantly plagued with mental issues, that is relentlessly shit on by a group of people he's ignored for years, well maybe he should get some professional help. Nothing will change for him if he does nothing. Or perhaps he should find a different job, one with actual structure and less stress. It might mean less money than he's used to, but he would still be able to support his family.

BD is not a newbie only a few months into this scene. He is not struggling to make ends meet with only a few hundred patrons. His game is not a busted up piece of shit that has trouble finding an audience. The man is in a very enviable position, and miraculously still makes a bundle while showing nothing for it. Supporter or pirate, I'd be pissed.

So no, you are not on the right track.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
View attachment 3919153

So, he spent six days two weeks ago playtesting the update without compiling it? I'm gonna call bullshit. But, we already knew that.
Renpy doesn't really "compile" either, like Unity or Godot or whatever other engines do. In Renpy you just put all the files in the /game folder. If he's been playtesting it, the game is "compiled" already.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018

Am I on the right track?
Most people on here don't actually care about the game itself anymore, this thread is more or less a BrainDrop bash thread. Or even a meme thread, really.

And honestly, most of it is justified. And I say that as somehow who generally defends devs and was one of the earliest players of WVM.

Seriously, if you don't believe it, then look back through some of his dev logs. He's missed release date after release date going on years, then he comes up with crazy excuses as to why and throws himself a pity party, and it repeats. Up to and including hiring "IRL friends" to help him, who likely don't actually exist, because they just happen to talk exactly like BD does and then vanish without a trace.

You have a good reputation of a dev, so you shouldn't damage that reputation by defending BD. He's the new (and honestly somehow even worse) version of ICSTOR.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023

Am I on the right track?
i understand you might have some RL experience off people with mental issue's and you're right you act accordingly to people who have them.
as a fellow developer you might have better insight on that it not always easy making a AVN but also know it comes with certain expectations & responsibilities to your supporters & fans

But the fact is that Braindrop has been caught lying multiple times with his main account and alter ego (mackenzie (and dionky (or something) has high chance off being one to)
when he sets his self made deadlines and promises but does not for fill them naturally people lose trust in him and his words.
And that has happend many times over and gotten worse over time.

So when he starts claiming to have mental issue's its not weird people see it as a other lie or are sceptical about it.
or when he misses a other self made deadline that people call him out.

So no drifty you are Not on the right track with your assumptions.
I dare say even off track and ignorant on the situation.

Also your emphasise on how F95 users are pissed we didn't get to "pirate"(aka stealing) or didn't get a "free" update like we're some kinda hobo waiting for a hand-out is focked up.
If that is how you feel about the F95 community i'd suggest you keep that to yourself because you as dev have your own product on here.

in the end i'd describe your statement with a (somewhat extreme) scenario :

you have no idea how or what just happend but you're somewhere unfamiliar and have no idea what's going on
its 1945 you just into the bunker saw a corpse of someone who shot himself in the head your response: "who/what ever drove this man to commit suicide is evil and wrong"

Last edited:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Renpy doesn't really "compile" either, like Unity or Godot or whatever other engines do. In Renpy you just put all the files in the /game folder. If he's been playtesting it, the game is "compiled" already.
Yeah, I know. I chose not to make the point because a very "loose" usage of the word could just mean exactly what you said. Of course, that's an even more ridiculous statement for him to make. Hehe, if he already "piled" them up in the game folder to play test, his subsequent adjustments only consisted of adding or replacing a few hands full of renders. If I remember from looking in the folder in the past I don't think he even archives any of it.

What a blowhard.

On another front... After nearly three full pages of replies to your post, DriftyGames, what percentage would you say agree with your point?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
A follow-up to my response to DriftyGames on BD's excuses/reasons or whatever you want to call them.

It's not even them in general that make people irrigated/mad/upset/laugh or whatever else, but the sheer quantity of them and the fact BD often says one thing and then does the opposite. Like his "I want to do smaller updates" yet keeps promising 1k+ render updates. Or his flipping back and forth between splitting updates or doing one big one etc. He sometimes even flips back and forth within the same dev update post.

This doesn't even account for his plainly ridiculous promises like the 52/52 or whatever number it was. Which was his plan to release an update every week for a year. Which, to say the least, he didn't stick to.

In addition to personal rambles, where it's like he pulls things out of a hat and goes on and on about how he feels like shit and he understand how people are mad and he is too and he's holding himself accountable. All to literally do the same thing over and over again. Which in turn results in more 1000 word apology posts that basically rehash the same things over and over again.

Someone could literally write a book or film a documentary about the things BD says in his dev logs. I'm not even slightly exaggerating. He's either someone who 1) Has severe procrastination and other mental issues 2) Purposely lies and gaslights people or 3) Both. At this point, I don't see how it isn't both. He's been in this cycle for years.

You waded into this thread without knowing that and ended up with a pie on your face. Does BD have some mental issues? Obviously. But he also obviously gaslights and lies to people and tries to manipulate his supporters into not un-subbing.

sandora85

Oct 15, 2017
Omg I'm suprised how can BD miss release date.He is most decent dev i everseen i hope he is okey.(just kidding he is pathological liar)If you want to blame someone,blame who feed him with free money.Same type idiots all around world,pay for who dosen't deserve a penny.

Reactions: ufggngfx

hasssin

Feb 26, 2020
If he has renders, he can publish them as a new renpy project. but he is not clearly.
beyond renpy's compile system, there's no complex process in this game, doesn't have different paths or options.

there are only 3 characters like shauna and to this day always wears pants or shorts even if in sex scenes. bd and his lazy ass do it on purpose and makin up ridiculous lie excuses

Reactions: Stingus
3.70 star(s) 644 Votes