Jul 28, 2023
Someone told me to come to this thread with a bag of popcorn.

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Because you don't get your free update today?

Am I on the right track?
We're making fun off the guy who repeatedly lies to and scams his customers. There's plenty of people on here who used to be patrons but stopped because BD literally can't stop lying to save his life instead of just admitting that he has done fuck all.
Get off your high horse.

Last edited:

hic86

Jul 24, 2022

But seriously, guys, I'm trying to understand the logic behind all of this. Please help me out.

You're all here and pissed off because the release that was promised isn't out, and you can't pirate it?

And in frustration, you feel it's justified to throw shit at the developer who's expressed mental issues and is also probably less than half your age, hoping they remove the game from this site, so he loses all his support.

Am I on the right track?
This your first trek into the BD saga?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

Am I on the right track?
Nope. It's mostly a reflection of how people react when they are lied to. Especially when the lies recur. Over and over and over and over... But, also when the lie insults your intelligence. Like, for instance, "I spent 6 days last week playtesting the update but now that the promised release date is here I can't get it to compile". Most of the folks reporting these things here are or have been supporters. I can understand you wanting to come to the aid of your fellow developer. You should probably pick someone worthy to white knight for... Jus' Sayin':cool:

Nilloc

Jan 22, 2018

Am I on the right track?
A lot more people would be supporters if it wasn't for his lies surrounding the delays. The delay is not 1 day, but almost 6 months fyi. Calling someone out for their bullshit and making fun of it is free last I checked. Also, Braindrop obviously does not respect his costumers/supporters, which i was back in the day. So why should i respect him and his product?

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
He does this every update.... Always so close to finished but never released. Promised full Ep.13 to release October last year, and it's still not ready somehow. He said the rework would be out early 2023. Also 52/52.... :KEK:

Last edited:

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020

Am I on the right track?
No you are not on the right track. Good day.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020

Am I on the right track?
As quite some here I was a sub, but I dropped it when he started lying to his own supporters years ago. Now I'm mostly here for the funny excuses he's doing for still not delivering updates he is promising again and again and again and...

Nov 22, 2021

Am I on the right track?
You are definitely NOT on the right track. Love your game by the way but in this moment you are incorrect in your assumption.

Jul 31, 2021

Am I on the right track?
I love it when someone who has no clue what's going on tries to weigh in their two cents. I love this thread. :LUL:

Darth Helmet

May The Schwartz Be With You
Donor
Respected User
Apr 7, 2017

Am I on the right track?
I usually don't comment these days, but I'm sorry this is just funny. BrainDrop has promised an update since OCTOBER of 2023. He makes a deadline and when it arrives has some excuse. EVERY single time. As a former supporter it has gotten hilarious at this point. It wouldn't be bad if he paused payments but he hasn't done that. Don't come to the defense of someone that doesn't deserve it.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020

Am I on the right track?
Not nowhere near on the right track. Forget the update that was due in October most on here are still waiting for the 2k that was promised 2 years ago. As for support the majority of his former supporters are here since when even they just question something that he doesn't like be it the simplist of things he would ban them. We all have a normal life outside here shit happens but the excuses are getting worse each time but the truth of the matter is he isn't honest.

You have a great game amongst other dev's but they get nowhere near the support they deserve. As for free I bet there are many on here who can't afford to sub every month but do sub when an update is due.

Jimmy_Jam

May 1, 2022

Am I on the right track?
Feel like f95 is just a better place to chat about VNs then discord as you catch a wider audience but most are complaining because it hasn't released at all and not cause they can't get it on f95, BD has been promising the rest of update 13 for a very long time now and has announced numerous release dates just to come up with an excuse to delay it even more. This last release date was meant to happen 'no matter what" and he hired someone that would release it for him and its out of his hand yet it still didnt happen.
Now I agree trying to get the dudes patreon shut down is just childish and petty, hopefully it will not gain enough traction to happen as the people that are still subbed know the deal and can leave if they don't like it so anyone on here trying to go further then bitching on f95 need to chill lol

Nov 22, 2021
Again I just want to say he has made countless promises of updates, remakes, the first season still is half and half because he planned to redo it. People have waited years for an update that never comes. It is completely understandable that people are frustrated and as Jimmy_Jam said F95 just seems to be a broader audience to vent said frustrations. When you are repeatedly promised something then never get it and only get excuses that are seriously becoming less and less believable (also most of the problems that stop the updates seem to happen around sports season which I have read is probably because he would rather watch those then work on the game then comes back and doesn't want to do anything) you would also become frustrated. The pausing of the patreon page was something he used to do when updates were delayed. This one has been delayed since 2023 and he has decided NOT to pause this time around. Which means he is making money for doing....literally nothing but making excuses. He is scamming people at this point. I am one of those people that can't afford to sub but I will say this even if I had billions and billions of dollars I would NOT sub to BD because his track record and reputation are garbage.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Now I agree trying to get the dudes patreon shut down is just childish and petty, hopefully it will not gain enough traction to happen as the people that are still subbed know the deal and can leave if they don't like it so anyone on here trying to go further then bitching on f95 need to chill lol
I think a lot of the people calling for his patreon to be shut down, don't understand what patreon is meant for. Patreon is supporting the artist, regardless of releases. They look at patreon the same way they look at Itch or Steam, and they just plainly function differently.

And yes, trying to get BD shut down or banned from that platform is stupid... His supporters by now know exactly what they've subbed for, it is on them whether they want to keep giving him money or not.

I can understand why Drifty made his statement though. He likely hasn't followed any of the BD shenanigans. It's probably hard for him to understand how much of a scumbag dev BD is, because he is not one, and likely hasn't had any experience with one.

Nov 22, 2021

Am I on the right track?
As I said I love your game it is in my top 5 of all time and that list includes non erotic games as well. But this makes me feel like you are less of a good person than I thought and thats disappointing. Supporting a scammer is just sad. I really hope you figure out what BD is doing and realize he isn't worth supporting (at the moment maybe that will change) but for now he just lies and makes excuses while milking his supporters for zero effort work and lame excuses. I hope you realize that.

May 7, 2023

Am I on the right track?
1677455858-webnovel_pcimage_4318536998_1677455857850.jpg

Dec 9, 2020

Am I on the right track?
Not exactly helping himself with the self inflicted mental stress, from all the mental gymnastics he does with these release dates though. :sneaky:

Too many other games to play than to get angry over this one though, looking from the outside just funny to see what the next excuse might be, (maybe his computer gets taken cause he's accused of a crypto scam). ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ShatteredEnigma616
3.70 star(s) 644 Votes